Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

PlayStation Doom With 3DO Music Or Default Creepy Sounds?

Do you guys prefer the original creepy PlayStation Doom soundtrack or do you play it with 3DO music?

This video I found has 3DO Doom music in the PlayStation Doom mod. Sounds very good. The original PlayStation Doom soundtrack is also great. Both awesome soundtracks.

Edited by The Strife Commando

Mixing the two just feels wrong to me, especially as the much harder soundtrack basically drowns out a lot of the sound design Aubrey did for the SFX.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the 3DO soundtrack. I just feel like it and the PC "sound" is one thing, and PSX Doom/Doom 64 are their own.

I enjoy this, but I enjoy my mod that adds the D64 sprites to PSX Doom. Works better for the atmosphere.

Still sucks that the 3DO soundtrack only covers a dozen tracks or so. Even you had to "cheat" there by throwing in unrelated remixes to complete it.

That's a truly cursed video right there. You can't just remove the music from PSX Doom! That's like someone removing their lungs and still expecting to be okay. 

This is great.  What's better is playing NRFTL with Doom 64 sprites, 3DO music, the Saturn Hud and the GBA damage flash color, then at the end of NRFTL making up the remaining levela out of the modified PSX ones.

Aubrey Hodges' main theme is sort of the definitive Doom theme for me. That said, I personally don't like the atmospheric tracks as much. I'd rather have midi rock on the stereo when riding the highway to hell. The atmospheric stuff is all very well done and cool, but kind of boring. Almost like there's no music at all, just background sfx.

9 hours ago, QuaketallicA said:

Aubrey Hodges' main theme is sort of the definitive Doom theme for me

I concur. I wish Doom 2016 had used it rather than At Doom's Gate.