Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

Amalgamation 2: Cairo A.D. (Singleplayer, TNT)

Well! This had me chuckling right from the start of it. Yelling at pinkys to get out of my house and punching them down as they invade my bunker room. Definitely a memorable opening for me! I died at the egyptian room thingy, but I'm going in for another round. But seriously, that opening of map01 was awesome. <3

Had to quit after 30mins in because I found I was accidentally running it in Doom 2 rather than TNT, so the missing texture leaving a lot of things black was becoming really hard to navigate certain areas. Don't worry, I'll definitely come back to this later though. From what I did play though, Josh, it's a pretty solid map. Well done.

Covered about half of this map in my new Walpurgis video (I played to the finish but I have a tiny HD for video recording lol). Pretty nice! Apparently my Wadsmoosh wasn't entirely playing nice with its TNT contents though, hence the stretched skull switches which was kinda annoying (but not on you).

Gave me very much Stargate SG1 vibes, with the sci-fi + egyptian digsites theme. Didn't have too much of a problem with the map except the feeling that there was a fair bit of backtracking (and in retrospect, do you actually need to clear the upper part of the base or can you just skip it? Didn't notice any switches or keys there...)

Also not sure if there was actually a way out of the abyssal crack I fell into but didn't want to find out in the midst of recording, hence the use of Fly once.

for anybody that do not have TNT that wants to experience this excellent Map: Freedoom 2 was built to cover the assets of both TNT and Plutonia for maps that required those as the IWADS. 

Repeat: Freedoom 2 can act as an alternate IWAD for Pwads that require TNT or Plutonia.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:40 PM, mrthejoshmon said:

BUGS: There is a single slime trail that relocates itself every time I save the map, I cannot isolate or kill it so now he just lives in the map, his name is Greg, I hate him.

Hide contents

Z5H37fS.png

Uay3OI2.png

SpMexhe.png

OXW3Dod.png

g3viaub.png

Reveal hidden contents

Glenzinho: Playtesting and Feedback and Technical Advice (Hud)

Scrangus McBrickdad: Technical Advice (Hud)

Big Ol' Billy: Technical Advice (Hud)

Chainie: Technical Advice (Hud)

Unoduegaspe: Feedback

The DBK: Being the DBK

Ceeb: Powerslave Texture Pack

Tormentor667: Duke 3D Texture Pack

Samuel Villarreal, Emil Brundage: IDTEX Texture Pack

Midi: Unused Midi from leaked alpha build of Blood

Deus Ex (Duke4.net): Providing direct download of Midi

Not super related, but I feel this in my core.

5 hours ago, eharper256 said:

Covered about half of this map in my new Walpurgis video (I played to the finish but I have a tiny HD for video recording lol). Pretty nice! Apparently my Wadsmoosh wasn't entirely playing nice with its TNT contents though, hence the stretched skull switches which was kinda annoying (but not on you).

Gave me very much Stargate SG1 vibes, with the sci-fi + egyptian digsites theme. Didn't have too much of a problem with the map except the feeling that there was a fair bit of backtracking (and in retrospect, do you actually need to clear the upper part of the base or can you just skip it? Didn't notice any switches or keys there...)

Also not sure if there was actually a way out of the abyssal crack I fell into but didn't want to find out in the midst of recording, hence the use of Fly once.

Thank you for the video,

For clarification, no you do not need to go upstairs in the base that is completely optional and yeah the abyss is a kill pit, I wanted it to feel like falling into the void and teleporters would ruin that effect.

-

Unrelated to the quoted post, here is a video I recorded of the entire map on UV for any curious of seeing it in its entirety:

8 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Thank you for the video,

For clarification, no you do not need to go upstairs in the base that is completely optional and yeah the abyss is a kill pit, I wanted it to feel like falling into the void and teleporters would ruin that effect.

No problemo. I enjoy covering maps that no-one else got around to doing vids of.

I guess the upper base has just about enough resources to refund the experience; but perhaps a couple of secrets there could be nice?