Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

[UDMF] WMC04: Heresy RC1 (8 maps for Heretic)

Awesome stuff! I think i can do something for the next month, but between all the stuff I'm involved I'm not completely sure of it...

3 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Awesome stuff! I think i can do something for the next month, but between all the stuff I'm involved I'm not completely sure of it...

Plenty of time yet. You can always submit a small, 5-minute-ish map if you wish. Your stuff is always good! We welcome you greatly. :D

I was gonna take a break but I already took one, so to hell with it, lets make some Heretic! *sharpens implements of death*

That's right! With such amazing stuff as seen in the video you're gonna make Heretic the coolest gothic-themed shooter. I've always dreamed of something like this.

6 hours ago, Death Bear said:

@Remilia Scarlet and @Endless over here, ensuring I never, EVER take a break from mapping. I like it. This pack looks freaking cool, and I'm excited to see what we create for this!

You're the project lead for PUSS XII and they're ensuring you never take a break? ;p)

Can I choose a slot from this thread? 
Like I said I cannot access discord right now

Last checked there were 2 slots left and I feel like if I wait until I get home to ask on the Discord, every slot will be taken.

7 minutes ago, Theperson said:

Last checked there were 2 slots left and I feel like if I wait until I get home to ask on the Discord, every slot will be taken. 

Oh we'll gladly add more slots. There isn't a limited number of them, so you're fine.

1 minute ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

Oh we'll gladly add more slots. There isn't a limited number of them, so you're fine.

Oh thanks 

9 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

You're the project lead for PUSS XII and they're ensuring you never take a break? ;p)

In THIS context:

Better Judgment: "Let's slow down a little in November and finish up what you already have so your plate's less full."
*WMC04 Post Drops*
Better Judgment: "Bruh..."
Mapping Obsession: "But...IT'S WMC!"
Better Judgment: "Uh...But-"
Mapping Obsession: "STFU!"

Me: "I'm in!"

They're keeping me from slowing down, and right now, that's a good thing. LET'S MAKE SOME HERETIC MAPS!

P.S. - PUSS XIII in November.

Really cool that a major mapping group is making stuff for Heretic. People complain about Heretic being bland or boring, but they never do anything to try to improve it. Most of the fun in Heretic, just like DOOM, comes from the maps themselves. Couple some cool maps with some QOL changes, and Heretic can be more inviting to DOOMheads and outsiders. Personally though, I love Heretic.

Good luck! Prove the naysayers wrong!

3 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

People complain about Heretic being bland or boring, but they never do anything to try to improve it.

That is definitely one of the goals with this WMC.  Personally, I've always felt like the biggest stumbling blocks when it came to Heretic mapping were the textures, and to a much lesser degree, the monsters.  Between the maps and the resource improvements, I'm sure we'll meet it.

I'm super happy you're adding more fancy textures and geometry. My jaw dropped when I saw the showcase demo. If I knew how to map I'd cetrainly want to help out. This wad will make people realize that Heretic deserves more love.

Ggggggghhhhhhhh, I'm so tempted to join this one, but other projects are waiting to be finished up...

Ah yes, here I go speedmapping in 2 weeks.

I know it's a bad idea, but when the Heretic 2 texure pack is included I have to hop in, that's just how it is. Ah well.

Here's some WIP screenshots. Work is going quite solid! We still have some time to get even more maps, so, if you're thinking about joining us, do it! :D

Screenshot_Heretic_20211107_213538.pngScreenshot_Heretic_20211107_213550.pngScreenshot_Heretic_20211106_191636.pngCastle_1.pngScreenshot_Heretic_20211106_020656.pngheretic_heresy_dd_untitled01a.jpg

I can donate some weapons and monster coding that's tailored towards project goals from scratch, or stuff I may have lying around.

I've modded weapons, monsters and items for Heretic in specifically Decorate for LZD compatible reasons.

I have zero drawing abilities, but I'm excellent at weapon timing, special attacks, animation sprite timing in Decorate for weapons and monsters.

Specifically I've made gameplay mods that affect everything vanilla including decorative prop replacements. 

I also know Zscript syntax, but much prefer to write in Decorate.

Still can't believe I built the bulk of my map (E1M1) in just three hours.  Detailing took a bit longer of course, but the map was basically "done" way earlier.

I should make Heretic speedmapping a thing for me.

hm. Heretic… i never liked it, and mostly ignored the topic, but this time i wasn't fast enough, and failed to close the tab before screenshots appeared. now i have no other choice than to play this! ;-)