Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Theshyguy489

Crazy Weapon Ideas?

I got an idea for a TC mod. The arsenal will be just crazy weapons. (no standard boring weapons like an SMG and rocket launcher)

I have a few weapon ideas already, like The FunGun, a circular sawblade launcher.

I am having a hard time coming up with more. Does anyone else have any ideas I can steal?

Have you got any screenshots of the already thought up weapons? Surely working on the established ones first will maybe jog your creativity a bit, or at the very least give people a better idea of what you're working on.

Just now, Mr Masker said:

Have you got any screenshots of the already thought up weapons? Surely working on the established ones first will maybe jog your creativity a bit, or at the very least give people a better idea of what you're working on.

I'm just in the planning stage. Writing down notes on ideas. I try to plan ahead before I start.

Doomguy launcher:

Shoots out a rocket

Rocket does 0 damage but bounces off the target and cracks open like an egg

Tiny Doomguys run out and kill the shit out of anything in proximity.

The Reverse Gun: When fired, Doomguy becomes a projectile and launches straight backwards at high speed until he hits something

A rocket launcher that shoots rockets, but those rockets summon more rockets when they explode. And then summon even more rockets when they explode and so on. Until your PC dies.

1 hour ago, Spineapple tea said:

Doomguy launcher:

Shoots out a rocket

Rocket does 0 damage but bounces off the target and cracks open like an egg

Tiny Doomguys run out and kill the shit out of anything in proximity.

Oh yea, I'm using that! Thanks bro.

a gun that shoots other guns

a Screw gun, (basically a nail gun but with screws)

a Dictionary melee weapon

Throwing garbage at enemies

How about a lobster? You throw it at enemies and it damages enemies when it hits them, but it then becomes a friendly creature that pinches enemies inflicting minor damage. I picture it'd have pretty low hp and more pretty slowly.

There was a wad I played years ago where you could rip off your own arm and throw it an infinite amount of times.

Other ideas:

A sonic gun that gibs enemies with sound waves.

A hammer that pounds the ground creating a seeking tremor that juts stalactites on impact or after a certain distance.

A rolled up wet towel.

Pulse Width Purpulcator - a crossover between a sword and a tau gun from Half-life. Doesn't require ammo, has a crank for charging attached to two rotors spinning in opposite directions. You also can do combos with it's blade.

Березовая каша - canned expired explosive porridge

Tooth drill

CD Slayer - a CD player/drive that shoots CDs

A pack of cigarettes as gas/smoke bomb

Doom-doom bullets

Santa Claus wand - turns enemies into snowmen, uses liquid nitrogen as ammo

Pepper spray + lighter (like bug spray + lighter from Blood but even hotter)

Rocket launcher launcher - launches a rocket launcher that launches rockets

Edited by ax34

Shotgun glove.

Brass knuckles aren't enough to get that sweet sound of beating the demon's face in.

It's a glove that has two sawed off 12 ga barrels (double barrel shotgun), with a pressure plate when hit on impact it fires off the shells.

Reloading is all you have to do is crack open the glove, plink the shells in and boom your good to go.

This is what happens when you and friends visit mary jane way way too much lol

- A weapon that flings an enemy up and away, doing damage to other enemies or splattering to death by wall or fall damage. Extra points for domino chains of lighter enemies.

- A weapon that can blow up placed / dropped ammo

- A weapon that can operate doors or lifts remotely and lethally -- doors crush enemies to death and lifts, upon activation, either plummet rapidly causing enemies to take fall damage or overstep upwards to crush them on the ceiling.

- A blood sacrifice weapon that drains your health by 50 but resurrects monsters within a radius of the projectile impact as allies or does massive damage to one monster on impact..

- A sticky bomb gun where every bomb's explodion gains power depending on the number of enemies you successfully stuck them to before alt-fire detonating. I think the delayed gratification of taking out large groups would pay off.

Edited by holaareola

I've got some:

- A gun that converts enemies it hits into friendly status for 30 seconds

- An Archvile resurrection gun that resurrects corpses of monsters but they're friendly to you now

- A weapon that shoots straight through walls and kills anything in a straight line in front of it to the edge of the map

- A weapon that instantly kills everything on the map, including yourself, even in god mode

- A gun that transforms enemies into Commander Keens

- A chaingun that shoots BFG balls at the same rate as the minigun

- A shield that can reflect enemy projectiles back at them if you time it correctly

- A weapon that makes every homing revenant missile (or other enemy homing projectile) in a certain radius lock onto and go after enemies instead

- A quad shotgun that fires from every direction at once (so it shoots four shotgun blasts in front of you, four to your left, four to your right, four behind, and even four up and four down)

- A gun that turns enemies into ammo

- A gun that uses enemy corpses for ammo, and it fires versions of the enemy corpse that is used which then explode

- A laser that bounces from one enemy to the nearest enemy, and keeps bouncing multiple times until the last enemy its explodes in a huge blast

- A gun that does more damage the more health an enemy has (so it might take 20 shots to kill a zombieman but only one shot to kill a cyberdemon)

- A guided missile launcher, like in the Descent games. It fires a missile that you can control remotely until it detonates.

- A punch that sends an enemy flying away into the sky

A couple ideas I had, but can't figure out of where to fit 'em:

MP-160 - four MP40s taped together, with a chainsaw grip on top, basically like a mini gun, the four mp40s fire sequentially, one at a time, but at a high rate of fire. 

Another is the Orbital Plasma Launcher. Essentially, a plasma powered shotgun with ludicrous kick, designed to launch the target away a tremendous distance. 

Finally, simplest of the three: Anti Demon Spray, a spray that works wonders against 99.999% of demons and demonically possessed beings. Apply until desired effect 

An energy weapon that fires a low damage beam and is good for stunlocking. The beam can ricochet off of walls 3 times until it explodes.

Ok...Well, that is a lot of ideas! Thanks, guys. I think this mod is going to be a lot of fun.

P.S. by "crazy" I really meant something like Deathloop's guns. Crazy cool not crazy funny. But I can still rework those ideas to fit the estetic.

what about a full auto bfg?

or a Quad Minigun, its four miniguns attached to a rotating device! the miniguns barrels will spin of course, but the device will spin the miniguns themselves!

and maybe a "Ghost gun" basically a gun that shoots ghosts, hehe... i was thinking it using hexens ghost sprites as the ghosts, it will basically be a futuristic assault rifle version of the Wraithverge.

• The Remaker. It revives enemies to fight alongside you, but not quite as expected.
  • A shotgun that starts out with one barrel, but gets more barrels each time you pick up the same weapon. You might end the game with a 200 barrel shotgun.
  • Jarate.

1 minute ago, Artman2004 said:
  • A shotgun that starts out with one barrel, but gets more barrels each time you pick up the same weapon. You might end the game with a 200 barrel shotgun.

sounds like a framerate killer

1 hour ago, Theshyguy489 said:

Ok...Well, that is a lot of ideas! Thanks, guys. I think this mod is going to be a lot of fun.

P.S. by "crazy" I really meant something like Deathloop's guns. Crazy cool not crazy funny. But I can still rework those ideas to fit the estetic.

Try something like a poison dart gun, which does only light damage but it afflicts enemies with 'poison' status, which causes them to lose health over time.

6 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

How about a weapon that fires swarms of bees / wasps?

I don't think I've ever seen that...

Easily to build because Realm667 has the Shadow Warrior bees. =D

I'd say a Sheogorath Wand would probably be the funkiest one.

Edited by kalensar

2 hours ago, Captain POLAND said:

I've got some:

- A gun that converts enemies it hits into friendly status for 30 seconds

- An Archvile resurrection gun that resurrects corpses of monsters but they're friendly to you now

- A weapon that shoots straight through walls and kills anything in a straight line in front of it to the edge of the map

- A weapon that instantly kills everything on the map, including yourself, even in god mode

- A gun that transforms enemies into Commander Keens

- A chaingun that shoots BFG balls at the same rate as the minigun

- A shield that can reflect enemy projectiles back at them if you time it correctly

- A weapon that makes every homing revenant missile (or other enemy homing projectile) in a certain radius lock onto and go after enemies instead

- A quad shotgun that fires from every direction at once (so it shoots four shotgun blasts in front of you, four to your left, four to your right, four behind, and even four up and four down)

- A gun that turns enemies into ammo

- A gun that uses enemy corpses for ammo, and it fires versions of the enemy corpse that is used which then explode

- A laser that bounces from one enemy to the nearest enemy, and keeps bouncing multiple times until the last enemy its explodes in a huge blast

- A gun that does more damage the more health an enemy has (so it might take 20 shots to kill a zombieman but only one shot to kill a cyberdemon)

- A guided missile launcher, like in the Descent games. It fires a missile that you can control remotely until it detonates.

- A punch that sends an enemy flying away into the sky

I've got some:

- A gun that converts enemies it hits into friendly status for 30 seconds---- Charm Spell. Pain in the butt to build.

- An Archvile resurrection gun that resurrects corpses of monsters but they're friendly to you now.///// Same as Above

- A weapon that shoots straight through walls and kills anything in a straight line in front of it to the edge of the map//// +NoClip on the projectile.

- A weapon that instantly kills everything on the map, including yourself, even in god mode//// Um sure.... A_Explode(30000,30000)

- A gun that transforms enemies into Commander Keens//// BUAHAHAHHA

- A chaingun that shoots BFG balls at the same rate as the minigun//////// A_FireProjectile("BFGBALL")

- A shield that can reflect enemy projectiles back at them if you time it correctly///// I actually built this in Heretic Heroes and Castlevania 3 for Simons Destiny

- A weapon that makes every homing revenant missile (or other enemy homing projectile) in a certain radius lock onto and go after enemies instead////

- A quad shotgun that fires from every direction at once (so it shoots four shotgun blasts in front of you, four to your left, four to your right, four behind, and even four up and four down)/// Too Many Shotguns mod

- A gun that turns enemies into ammo//// Complex but doable

- A gun that uses enemy corpses for ammo, and it fires versions of the enemy corpse that is used which then explode/// About the same as Brutal Doom grabbing people and throwing them

- A laser that bounces from one enemy to the nearest enemy, and keeps bouncing multiple times until the last enemy its explodes in a huge blast//// Similar to BFG tracers but it would shoot another one on each hit.... robably never ending. Debug nightmare

- A gun that does more damage the more health an enemy has (so it might take 20 shots to kill a zombieman but only one shot to kill a cyberdemon)//// I can see the code in my head, but still wouldn't make it

- A guided missile launcher, like in the Descent games. It fires a missile that you can control remotely until it detonates.//// Thats actually doable. It would work similar to Laser Guide irl

- A punch that sends an enemy flying away into the sky//// easily the easiest one to make on this list.