Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunrock

Doom 3 Teleporting Bloody Tunnel effect?

I know I'm asking a lot when it comes to pushing this engine to unreasonable levels. Just wondering is it possible to somewhat create a Doom 3 style bloody tunnel effect similar to the hell portion of Doom 3. Just not to the level of Doom 3 obviously, but something similar, maybe a warping effect during teleportation process?

Teleport.jpg.0046a174ef2bf7a1bcf78e9a9d760c56.jpg

Doom 3 style teleporting effect.

If you're targeting GZDoom UDMF, I see no reason why you couldn't using Shaders.  Except then you'd need to know how to write Shaders, which is a skill unto itself.

GZDoom. I was thinking maybe silently teleporting the player into a fake dark room with some warping, scrolling, fast moving textures. Primitive compared to the effect of Doom 3, but similar. 

I'd imagen it shouldn't be too hard. Like just a few translucent rotating full screen images at different speeds.

I'm not sure if Gzdoom still supports PBR but I'm sure it would help with the effect, if it does.

Edited by Mr.Rocket

6 hours ago, Gunrock said:

GZDoom. I was thinking maybe silently teleporting the player into a fake dark room with some warping, scrolling, fast moving textures. Primitive compared to the effect of Doom 3, but similar. 

This would be one of the best decisions in this situation.

Just do an animated texture which plays this video frame by frame. For sounds - add this in teleporting script everytime player uses the teleporter.

Do it like Fallout where the animation is actually a texture superimposed onto a wall.