Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

haruko haruhara megathread (favorite CDs)

I can't wait until like 6 years have passed and Haruko ends up making the most popular well-endowed website for Wad sharing.

5 minutes ago, smeghammer said:

He's already got a(nother?) Github site with lots of resources. I think it's mostly custom things rather than maps:

https://github.com/HarukoTheDarkLord12345/r667-monsters-and-other-sources

@haruko haruhara - This would be a good place to extend to store maps as well. You just need to add a folder and drop map files there. I can link to it from my site as well.

The only reason why I'm using bitbucket is because they have infinite space almost but they don't have file size limits atm I'm currently using web archive for the larger files that repo I did was not finished I almost forgotten about that actually but this repo on bitbucket is much better than GitHub imo

6 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

The only reason why I'm using bitbucket is because they have infinite space almost but they don't have file size limits atm

I have never used bitbucket but I just had a quick look, and it's another git repo storage thingie. Github is the same sort of thing and also has unlimited filesize and storage AFAIK.

BitBucket also seems to have a static website feature, much like Github Pages (e.g. my smeghammer site). So you can probably make a website that you can style and structure as you like:  https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/publishing-a-website-on-bitbucket-cloud/.

Whichever you prefer though I guess...

1 hour ago, haruko haruhara said:

Thanks man! I been trying to figure out how to make a upload button leading to my upload button in bitbucket but it doesn't work any way I can make a upload button or do I need ftp for that?

Bit bucket is a source code repository service. It's not even remotely designed for what you're trying to do with it.

1 hour ago, haruko haruhara said:

any way I can make a upload button

Probably not...

You want to be able to have an upload button/form on the Google site, and have that upload a file to the bitbucket host... (and perhaps automatically add a link?)

That will not work:

Google Sites is a static site host (no server-side coding capability AFAICT) so cannot perform any inter-domain actions at all. Bitbucket (a separate domain) is essentially an online Git repository host and as such, for anyone to add files to it, they will either need direct login and upload, or - and this is the primary use case - will need a command-line git push capability.

I suggest that the best way is that you can use your google site is to ask people to email you the WAD (or a link  to it if it is big) and then upload it to bitbucket yourself. Then add the link to it to your site. That is pretty much what I do with my smeghammer site and my github repo (which is also a git repository...). I can advise if you need further help.

4 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Bit bucket is a source code repository service. It's not even remotely designed for what you're trying to do with it.

heh beat me to it by seconds...

hey guys! so a large update to the site and thanks @smeghammer for putting my site on your site! alright so i updated the description of the site changes are made they may not be changed unless if i feel like putting over a million random maps on the site but for now that won't happen, here are the changes

new banner image from the old forum site of wadhost taking from the archive.org

new background

colored text

plus a discord server link down below on the website

plus many new files added so download them!

thats all for now!

hope you will enjoy the update and hopefully you will read the new info on the site ;p

On 10/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, maxmanium said:

I mean, we already have /idgames... unless this is for some other purpose I'm not aware of.

Nonsense, the more the merrier! Relying solely on just one website would be a recipe for disaster should something happen. Having multiple archives along with idgames such as DoomShack, WADArchive, WadHosting and how many other archiving efforts people come up with can only be a long-term benefit for the community in regards to preserving our history and resources.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:31 AM, Biodegradable said:

Nonsense, the more the merrier! Relying solely on just one website would be a recipe for disaster should something happen. Having multiple archives along with idgames such as DoomShack, WADArchive, WadHosting and how many other archiving efforts people come up with can only be a long-term benefit for the community in regards to preserving our history and resources.

redundancy is cool

2 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Fixed it for you.

No I'm talking about the term in networking and that type of stuff, not the pejorative of being redundant. It's about how a new site would make sure that there's not a single point of faliure.

On 12/16/2021 at 10:31 PM, Biodegradable said:

Nonsense, the more the merrier! Relying solely on just one website would be a recipe for disaster should something happen. Having multiple archives along with idgames

Idgames is already at least 6 different servers.

9 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Idgames is already at least 6 different servers.

we need moar

It's a good idea to have as many contingencies as possible. So we should try and be supportive of haruko's effort.

Sorry for misinterpreting you there, @act. We should spank the dumbass who popularised "Redundancy" as a programming term.

Edited by Biodegradable

I wonder why I didn't see all of these comments until now

@Biodegradable thanks for the kind words!

I'm trying to make a goal to have over 8000,0000 files mostly zdoom friendly wads which means it has zdoom features which could be for ZDoom GZDoom Skulltag Zandronum etc.

New updates soon if I get my top downloaded file, there will be a top downloads section once that reaches to at least 100 downloads on 1 file.

It will be a little section called wadhost best of 2021 soon 2022 similar to doomworld's cacowards but sadly it will be only on the wadhost forum hosted with proboards well the top downloaded files will tell me on my bitbucket repo.

Time will tell.

Hello everyone so today I present you my biggest project so far which is serious skulltag just because it says skulltag doesn't mean it's only for skulltag but it doesn't work in skulltag unfortunately but it works with zandronum only as of now... now here is the information of who made it once before.

Original author DoomWolf555 aka Imp Possible from YouTube

I currently only have 4 videos up but I will post the 2 that are worth watching.

V2.3

https://youtu.be/39Do2wty008

Just me having fun playing it

https://youtu.be/go0VZktPovY

Download the wad: 3 files I will update it once I added 12 more weapons and a couple new monsters. So expect there be bugs! Also I will allow people to remove the cw-sin1 weapons just so it will fix the issue they may be more bugs report to me if their is!. By the way skulltag content aka skulltag data is not required due to it causes issues with actor names and same sprite names. Also the randomizer is required if you want to play it as the gameplay mod.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/wads.php?user=3912&name=serious_skulltag

If you like chunky high res sprites and serious music and custom monsters and weapons then you are seriously serious enough to like it!

Hey guys, would anyone like to contribute to the website like instead of me making the website very much all in one would you like to make a static

website for the wads and a upload button too make it with html and java script if you look at places like tspg static website you will get a idea of what I want it to be... Here is the following if you would like to upload a file once the site is made.

1# Make sure your mod you are uploading is compatible with zdoom gzdoom skulltag or zandronum anything thats not mention will have to go to either doomshack .org or doomworld idgames.

2# rules apply before you upload don't upload iwads to the site they will be banned and the commercial wads will be banned too.

3# before you say can you do it yourself I don't have a 8 tarrabyte hard drive or money to buy a service and I don't have a job yet I will probably will not get a job never because I can't drive a car because of seizures and such so yeah one more thing before you start saying something about this.

You don't have to do it only if you want to and help me out if so you are welcome to do so!

Let me know through here in this thread or on Doomworld private message.

i mean if people are refusing to play Zandronum with its Skulltag data file or st content there should be a way plus i heard most mods don't work way to well with zandronum for example extreme survival and extreme invasion both have issues with scripts in such so i had a idea that we could bring back skulltag online but it will be a optional thing no need to update your mod for skulltag if this happens its just for peoples convenience and me too.

but before you say you would have better luck on zandronum forums.

its dead as shit so i could post there too but it won't get any replys.

9 hours ago, haruko haruhara said:

i mean if people are refusing to play Zandronum with its Skulltag data file or st content there should be a way plus i heard most mods don't work way to well with zandronum for example extreme survival and extreme invasion both have issues with scripts in such so i had a idea that we could bring back skulltag online but it will be a optional thing no need to update your mod for skulltag if this happens its just for peoples convenience and me too.

but before you say you would have better luck on zandronum forums.

its dead as shit so i could post there too but it won't get any replys.

Alright:

I have to say its commendable that you keep it up despite being told a dozen times why nobody plays Skulltag, or that you have a megathread where this topic would be perfectly apt for. Or maybe participate in other threads you started where people want to help.

I wrote this on October 26 last year:

Its more this:

• Nobody (sans a few like you) play Skulltag, but Zandronum
  • You post this on DoomWorld, not the Zandronum forums
  • Time after time this is told but you seem to ignore that

I get it. Practically everything you do, whether it is requesting things or making things is for Skulltag/Serious Skulltag because that's what you love. You even asked others what they thought of Skulltag, but when someone had the opinion that Skulltag was outdated and most content felt unpolished, you got defensive. Not once, but also twice. @TheMagicMushroomMan also gave you his opinion on that whole matter.

You have to understand that you are targeting a niche (Serious Skulltag) of a dead niche (Skulltag) or a dead niche (Skulltag content for Zandronum). Its a legacy platform. Practically nobody cares about this and you really should start to accept that.

To answer your question:

• The latest Skulltag still works, but you likely will need to make your own server as everyone else moved on.
  • The only other Skulltag derivative is ScoreDoomST, based on Skulltag 97C2. That might still work as its latest version is from 2013. It uses ZDoomGL as its OpenGL renderer.

And lastly, this post from February 2 2021:

Spoiler
On 2/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, Redneckerz said:

Because Skulltag became Zandronum and has had most modes of Skulltag as an addon. So if people don't make Skulltag Singleplayer, Co-op and Invasion wads anymore than the answer is obvious.

You know this aswell btw.

So you want a WAD with:

• Custom weapons
  • Skulltag monsters (Available in the Skulltag legacy packages)

And then have troubles with:

• Mapping

Is that what this boils down to?

No, people's tastes change. You are tired of hearing it but because Skulltag is dead, the discussion around its mods also dwindles. Everyone from Skulltag has moved on to its successor, or went to a different port, like Odamex or ZDaemon.

That's all there is to it. It has nothing to do with that ''nobody likes them'' and everything to do with that Skulltag is a historical package and not a current one.

That's because GZDoom is a current package unlike Skulltag which is a historical/legacy package.

If you are sick and tired of that, then you obviously should know that the latest versions of Skulltag actually used GZDoom's GL renderer. So the two have more relation to eachother than you may think.

As an aside i am aware of your struggles in other places but this resolves primarily around the impression that you are fixated to see Skulltag as a current platform when its not a current platform to begin with. Its a legacy platform, plain and simple.

Some of these aren't Skulltag exclusives and more made for older, ZDoom 1.x based releases. I don't see why this was needed.

Indeed. but what OP wants is having the mods  and wads exclusively to Skulltag back from the Skulltag days.. besides the fact that most Skulltag modes work in Zandronum and Zandronum has an impressive list of mods of its own.

And then there are GZDoom titles like Selaco and Supplice that highlight how far GZDoom games are coming along. All in all, its amazing that in 2021, 1993 rendering paradigms still power new and exciting games to play. A true testament to the longevity of Doom.

You probably want to start here:

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Bitbucket/Website_Hosting

if you want a website front-end to bitbucket.

It is not possible for unauthenticated people to upload to a bitbucket repo:

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Bitbucket/Uploading_Files

(Github is similar, as I have already said)

For uploading files, you must have server-side capability to handle the uploaded file - checking it for type etc. For example, here is an example of a PHP-backed file upload:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.post-method.php

The web site front-end for bitbucket does not allow this because you do not have control over or access to the serverside functions of the bitbucket environment.

I strongly suggest you do something similar to my smeghammer site - ask people to send you WADs and you then upload them to your bitbucket account, Then you can make a webpage front-end to the files with links to them like you showed me, and like the example code I gave you above.

Look at my smeghammer site and how the links are constructed to link to the files stored in my smeghammer github repo.

I'll continue this later...

Edited by smeghammer

@Redneckerz thanks for the info I I'm so sorry but my megathread is not active and I wish it was you know what I will use it for now on I thank you for your criticism it's just I want to have the st days In my life but unfortunately it will never will happen I guess I will just stick with zandronum until something pops up about this topic.

25 minutes ago, smeghammer said:

You probably want to start here:

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Bitbucket/Website_Hosting

if you want a website front-end to bitbucket.

It is not possible for unauthenticated people to upload to a bitbucket repo:

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Bitbucket/Uploading_Files

(Github is similar, as I have already said)

For uploading files, you must have server-side capability to handle the uploaded file - checking it for type etc. For example, here is an example of a PHP-backed file upload:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.post-method.php

The web site front-end for bitbucket does not allow this because you do not have control over or access to the serverside functions of the bitbucket environment.

I strongly suggest you do something similar to my smeghammer site - ask people to send you WADs and you tghen upload them to your bitbucket account, Then you can make a webpage front-end to the files with links to them like you showed me, and like the example code I gave you above.

Look at my smeghammer site and how the links are constructed to link to the files stored in my smeghammer github repo.

I'll continue this later...

Bruuuh I can't pay the fee I have no money no defense but I literally just can't just pay GitHub or BitBucket for shit plus I can't upload files that are larger than 25 megabites with bitbucket I can but it will not allow the upload button to copy and you when you click it I will have a option to select your file and upload and again I have no money for publishing a website I would love to but I would have to pay a year for it stay up 100 dollars to be in fact so yeah I'm sorry but I can't do this atm probably never.

Edit: I really need to start reading Posts correctly ok so I can't let anyone upload any files to my bitbucket repo oh ok I gotcha ok.