Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Telemassacre

I google translated "Big Fucking Gun 9000" into every language and made the according acronym. This is what happened.

23 minutes ago, Albertoni said:

Arma Grande Da Porra? Makes sense I guess. Now that I stop to think about it, translating the F is actually pretty hard.

Yeah... it have the same meaning and it's more natural for us, so I like it more. Or you could use Arma Fodidamente Grande like @Lol 6 did in Spanish.

10 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Yeah... it have the same meaning and it's more natural for us, so I like it more. Or you could use Arma Fodidamente Grande like @Lol 6 did in Spanish.

Native English speaker but I lived in Brazil for a couple years and minored in Portuguese - would Arma Fodão work? That was the translation I came up with in my head but some slang - and especially palavrões - are outside my current grasp of the language. 😂

Actually, there is a better russian version: БОП 9000 (Большая Охуенная Пушка).

"БГП" stands for "Большая Гребанная Пушка" which means "Big Damned Gun", not "Fucking"

But this thread is funny, nice work

6 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

Native English speaker but I lived in Brazil for a couple years and minored in Portuguese - would Arma Fodão work? That was the translation I came up with in my head but some slang - and especially palavrões - are outside my current grasp of the language. 😂

You could use Arma Fodona (Fodão is masculine), however that doesn't emphasize how big the weapon is. A better alternative would be Armona Foda, with the augmentative on "arma". That would convey the message better.

Still, Foda\Fodona have some different meaning here. Grande Arma Fodona sounds more like Big Awesome Gun rather than "It's a Really Big Gun" (which is what I get from the original). I think "Porra" is more alligned to the way how americans say "Fuck" - you can use it as a boost for any sentence you want. "Foda" also applies in some situations, but it's more used to describe good or bad things.

Edited by Noiser

37 minutes ago, Dexiaz said:

Actually, there is a better russian version: БОП 9000 (Большая Охуенная Пушка).

"БГП" stands for "Большая Гребанная Пушка" which means "Big Damned Gun", not "Fucking"

You're giving "охуенная" a meaning that the gun is cool whereas 'fucking' in BFG means pretty much nothing except a little emphasis on its previous attribute which is 'big' with a touch of excitement (if I'm wrong, native speakers, please correct me).

My version is "большая блядская пушка".

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

So it is the Big Bitchy Gun^^

Now i really want a patch with sound effects of the BFG9000 turned into the Big Bitchy Gun where the gun talks to DoomGuy for not using him enough and complaining about the monsters it has to slaughter, the game itself, its developers, and how level editors place him (the gun) at wrong places.

DoomGuy would go mad trying to slaughter enemies, eventually landing in his very own personal existential hell.

4 hours ago, Telemassacre said:

French - GPEP9000

The two first letters are surely "Gros Putain" but the rest I can't see haha.

Anyway, the translation would be more like GPF for "Gros Putain de Flingue" or GPA for "Grosse Putain d'Arme".

Japanese should be something like ビ‧エフ‧ジー‧9000.

Or ビ‧エフ‧ジー‧9000 if you're going to use fullwidth Latin instead of halfwidth.

Or ビ‧エフ‧ジー‧九千 if you're going to get extra-Japanesey.

That said, most Japanese would also be able to read the letters "BFG" just fine, so it's just likely they'd pronounce it more or less as I wrote it - Bi-Efu-Jii Kyuusen.

What you got now is basically "Bi 9000" or "BiFaGa 9000" more or less, which does follow the rules that they tend to condense stuff down to the first few syllables (for example, Kantai Collection becomes KanColle, lots of popular anime are more known by their abbreviation such as TenSura/WataMote/OreImo, etc.). Japanese unfortunately doesn't quite have a word as versatile as "Fuck" is in English, so a straight translation is pretty impossible, but most Japanese would understand the swear, and "big" and "gun" are pretty simple words for them to know.

So it arguably doesn't even need translation. :P

Anyone speaking Galician gonna be going to a very good college.

8 hours ago, Telemassacre said:

Indonesian - PSB9000

after I translated it, the result was actually "Pistol Sialan Besar 9000",  which is now makes sense actually. The sentence should be "Pistol Besar Sialan 9000" or "Senjata Besar Sialan 9000" imo

Edited by lokbustam257 : remove "how" so i don't get warning point again

This is the kind of research people get paid to do. I commend you for your efforts, some of these are hilarious, as are some of the replies!

"Esperanto - GFP9000"  Granda Fika Pafilo XD

The odd thing is this actually taught me more about English.  I never really noticed that "fucking" is an adjective in this context.  Fika comes from Fiki, which is "to fuck", and the -a makes it an adjective.  So in a small way, Esperanto helped me learn my native language's grammar better XD

Also, some funny side trivia.  If you take a verb stem and add -ilo, the word becomes the instrument of the verb (like a tool; komputi = to compute, komputilo = computer, a tool for computing).  Fikilo = dildo, a tool for fucking.

8 hours ago, dmslr said:

You're giving "охуенная" a meaning that the gun is cool whereas 'fucking' in BFG means pretty much nothing except a little emphasis on its previous attribute which is 'big' with a touch of excitement (if I'm wrong, native speakers, please correct me).

My version is "большая блядская пушка".

LET THE DISPUTE BEGINS!!!!111111

Just joking, but still, I can't agree with "блядская", but the funny thing this is how the Russian language works - too many words which can describe "fucking"

11 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Now i really want a patch with sound effects of the BFG9000 turned into the Big Bitchy Gun where the gun talks to DoomGuy for not using him enough and complaining about the monsters it has to slaughter, the game itself, its developers, and how level editors place him (the gun) at wrong places.

DoomGuy would go mad trying to slaughter enemies, eventually landing in his very own personal existential hell.

UT2K4 sexy Voice :P?

In Czech, ZVZ 9000 would be more accurate.

Specifically, "Zasraně velká zbraň", instead of "Velká zasraná zbraň". The first one puts emphasis on the big part, the second one (the one from translate) puts more emphasis on the fucking, and the meaning is more in the lines of the gun being very bad.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:31 PM, Telemassacre said:

Portugese - GMDA9000

As a Portuguese, I have no idea how you got that acronym. @Noiser provided some great alternatives, but I'm gonna pitch in with a more loosely translated one: AGPC9000 (Arma Grande para Caralho).

Edited by Andromeda

Properly localized Chinese should be "大操枪9000" or "大屌枪9000" :P

Obviously Google translate just ignored the curse word.

22 hours ago, Briøche said:

The two first letters are surely "Gros Putain" but the rest I can't see haha.

Anyway, the translation would be more like GPF for "Gros Putain de Flingue" or GPA for "Grosse Putain d'Arme".

Yup but in French, we would say "Putain de Gros Flingue".

The Czech looks good (Velký zasraná zbraň) but the Filipino is off.  I would say 'Malaking Fucking Kanyon.  A 'baril' is a pistol/rifle etc..

Though I'm not a native speaker of either, but pretty good at them :) 

Edit: to add another language (Illonggo) to your list 'Daku Fucking Kanyon' (same as Cebuano).

Edited by Gibbon

On 10/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, Telemassacre said:

Polish - WPP9000

I'm guessing the last "P" stands for Pistolet? That word, unsurprisingly, means "pistol". I think that for the BFG, a better word would be something like "działo" (cannon).

On 10/26/2021 at 6:31 PM, Telemassacre said:

Arabic - مسك9000

This is not very accurate, I think that س means 'سخيف' which is 'Silly' in English.
But the f-word with ing is 'ملعون' in Arabic, and م might mean 'مدفع' which is 'Cannon', or 'Muzzleloader'.
I think the closest thing to 'Gun' is 'بندقية' (Bunduqia), and some objects in Arabic use female pronouns, and 'بندقية''s pronouns are female ones. so a proper translation is "بكم-9000", which is short for "9000-بندقية كبيرة ملعونة".

"!انت وجدت البكم-9000" or maybe "!انت ملكت البكم-9000", whatever.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:22 PM, SilverMiner said:

I don't like an unnecessary curse word in its name so I call it Blast Field Gun

It's also officially called "Bio Force Gun" or "Big Fragging Gun".

On 10/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, Dexiaz said:

which means "Big Damned Gun", not "Fucking"

Same thing with (bookish) arabic, 'damn' and the f-word (curse synonym only) are the same word in arabic.

Edited by Hitboi

For Romanian it should be:

Big = Mare

Fucking = hardest to translate since we don't really use curse words to emphasize, literally probably would be "futut de"

Gun = definitely not "pușcă" since that means rifle, either "tun" (cannon) or "armă" (weapon) would be more appropriate.

So, arranging them in the proper order, it should either be:

Tun Futut de Mare 9000

or

Armă Futut de Mare 9000

P.S: swear words in Romanian are mostly composite actions, usually relating to the desecration of something traditionally seen as being beyond conflict, untouchable, like mothers, the deceased or anything holy.

"futu-ți biserica mă-tii" = fuck(ing) your mother's church

or

"futu-ți morții mă-tii" = fuck(ing) your mother's dead (presumably relatives)

or

"te bag în pizda mă-tii" = I'll shove you up your mother's c**t

Edited by rzh