Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

haruko haruhara megathread (favorite CDs)

I may prefer the gameplay and style in Blood the most, and RR may have some arguable gameplay and level design choice, but hot damn I’m always a bit stunned by how good RR looks when I replay it. I might even consider it the best looking 90s build game. Something about it also reminds me of cartoons at the time, most notably Courage the Cowardly Dog.

I hope you get some more interest going for it @haruko haruhara.

i mostly just made this forum to improve Redneck Rampage levels make them better with mapster32 or whatever others out there plus i'm very new to build engine map editors too so i made it to play more redneck rampage levels and mods but better level design not just a bunch of levels with poor endings like in the cd rom "so you wanna be a redneck" i found it on moddb and jonhunt but most of those levels are okay but the only issue is no proper ending to the levels most of them use the first boss in RR and some levels have bubba but when you hit him the level does not end or here is this too many vixen's and no ammo in most of the levels and some have texture issues and crashes Raze port but not BuildGDX so i did not make this forum on purpose if you don't like RR you don't have to join but if you like it join it its up to you.

Sigh, still so many words and so few punctuation marks. Didn't you say that you want to improve your writing skills?

BTW: Your forum is by far not the first. There's a RR-forum at GOG, a RR-Steam-forum and there have been several others,

but -of course- the majority of them are already gone...

Honestly you'd be better off advertising your forum over at the Duke boards or something. You just simply aren't going to find anyone over here who meets the following criteria:

1.Has ever played Redneck Rampage.

2.Actually likes Redneck Rampage.

3.Actually likes Redneck Rampage enough to join a barren forum about it.

4.Is familiar with Build mapping.

5.Is interested in mapping for Redneck Rampage just to share their map with the other 12 people (none of which are members of your forum) on the planet who want custom Redneck Rampage maps.

In terms of new content/community size with Build games, it's Duke>>>>>>>>>Blood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shadow Warrior>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else

I really enjoyed Redneck Rampage but I think a deeicated thread suffices instead of a whole forum.

58 minutes ago, Roofi said:

I really enjoyed Redneck Rampage but I think a deeicated thread suffices instead of a whole forum.

well thats your opinion not saying its a bad one its just i want to play more content of RR

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Honestly you'd be better off advertising your forum over at the Duke boards or something. You just simply aren't going to find anyone over here who meets the following criteria:

1.Has ever played Redneck Rampage.

2.Actually likes Redneck Rampage.

3.Actually likes Redneck Rampage enough to join a barren forum about it.

4.Is familiar with Build mapping.

5.Is interested in mapping for Redneck Rampage just to share their map with the other 12 people (none of which are members of your forum) on the planet who want custom Redneck Rampage maps.

In terms of new content/community size with Build games, it's Duke>>>>>>>>>Blood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shadow Warrior>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else

i will see about going to duke4 well Blood and Redneck rampage means alot to me now because i don't think you know i started playing build engine games 2 weeks or 3 or more ago

User ID works but not Validation.

this is no joke thread i don't know the real admin in duke4 please help.

hopefully i can go on there and post something.

I don't think that asking where to buy albums by a mega-obscure band is going to yield good results on a DOOM forum. Beyond ebay and Google, I'm not sure what to tell you. Some bands simply have material that is very hard/next to impossible to find.

4 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I don't think that asking where to buy albums by a mega-obscure band is going to yield good results on a DOOM forum. Beyond ebay and Google, I'm not sure what to tell you. Some bands simply have material that is very hard/next to impossible to find.

What I meant was some people do better research than some people can do

I gave it an hour earlier today just for curiosity's sake.  Beyond the youtube links shared previously as well as the one delisted Amazon item I couldn't find much anything else.  I haven't checked any of the local thrift and second hand stores, but that gives me an excuse to have a chance to go look into one of those places...

Other than this, I don't know if there's a chance of finding much else.

8 hours ago, vyruss said:

I gave it an hour earlier today just for curiosity's sake.  Beyond the youtube links shared previously as well as the one delisted Amazon item I couldn't find much anything else.  I haven't checked any of the local thrift and second hand stores, but that gives me an excuse to have a chance to go look into one of those places...

Other than this, I don't know if there's a chance of finding much else.

Going to the theft stores is a must but that's up to you really try Edward makay or something I don't know if thats the name but I heard it was only in Weston Salem or Greensboro NC states or if there is a Goodwill in your area you might get lucky but I'm warning you expect it having no disc I do have the live at the peppermint lounge case and the guitar trouble case too except live at peppermint lounge disc or the guitar trouble disc I only have a burnt disc of guitar trouble that someone gave me, I'm going to say this I won't die without having the 2 actual CDs of those albums but again It's up to you if you want to go there every week in Goodwill I mean but my Goodwill is where I got them in the first place if it's good no disc thats my luck pretty much good luck with hunting them down.

i mostly want to have bands like Vertical Horzion and train and Daughtry and this one is optional Nickelback

mostly what i want is to have their underrated songs like "when you cry" by VH or train's underrated  songs besides drops of Jupiter i mostly just want, "i wish you would"

Daughtry's "home" and "its not over" and "every time you turn around" and "you don't belong"

btw before you guys complain i don't like all classic rock yet

but i mostly just want the 6 midis made and if i want more will you guys contribute for music in my mapset?

i'm currently trying to learn to make maps more but slowly madcat in discord is helping me alot i tried to request it in the entryway discord but people are ignoring my request like i'm not even there btw i plan to make gzdoom and zandronum friendly wad with no custom monsters or weapons its called 3 Years Jourey to hell.

any help would be nice! :)

you're asking doomworld to make midis for you?

I feel like this has similar energy to those people who "suggest mapset ideas" and see if someone will make it for them

You could possibly learn midi software and make these songs, or if that's not an option you could just find some midis to use (with credit obviously) for example:https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Adding_custom_music theres some midi stuff here you can use.

4 minutes ago, Mr Masker said:

you're asking doomworld to make midis for you?

I feel like this has similar energy to those people who "suggest mapset ideas" and see if someone will make it for them

You could possibly learn midi software and make these songs, or if that's not an option you could just find some midis to use (with credit obviously) for example:https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Adding_custom_music theres some midi stuff here you can use.

thanks man but i don't know if i am able to learn anything complicated at this point but some of these days i can experiment with making midis but i mean there is some composers but most in likely they don't want to make a midi of a song they don't like i am just assuming because there is a reason why people ignored my request.

I don't think you get ignored because people don't like these songs. I think they most likely just want some freedom. It's like I would say that you need to make a map hell inspired with a lot of traps and it needs to be short. It kinda spoils the fun of having liberty over what you are doing. I am sure that this post would get more replies if you just say that you want someone to make a midi for your map pack and  talk about your map pack. You could for example say that it is mostly situated in caves so composers will base their midi on that idea but still have a lot of freedom. If you really want these specific kind om midis I just suggest you make them yourself or maybe with some luck you find a composer with the same interests as you. But that's most likely not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, azerty said:

I don't think you get ignored because people don't like these songs. I think they most likely just want some freedom. It's like I would say that you need to make a map hell inspired with a lot of traps and it needs to be short. It kinda spoils the fun of having liberty over what you are doing. I am sure that this post would get more replies if you just say that you want someone to make a midi for your map pack and  talk about your map pack. You could for example say that it is mostly situated in caves so composers will base their midi on that idea but still have a lot of freedom. If you really want these specific kind om midis I just suggest you make them yourself or maybe with some luck you find a composer with the same interests as you. But that's most likely not going to happen.

I am planning maybe doing something like that underrated mappack the journey to hell map pack but they can be a mix of uac bases or some or alot of hell maps or a few tech bases but I don't know if midis is a theme I don't really like death metal I only like alt rock and a few classic rock like van Halen and matalica and rush and a honorable mention the r.c. Yetter band.

But thanks for the criticism through.

Why do you insist on posting these things outside this specialized Megathread that is just for you?

You have been here long enough to understand how a rodeo works. So why do you still play a waltz?

1 hour ago, haruko haruhara said:

i mostly want to have bands like Vertical Horzion and train and Daughtry and this one is optional Nickelback

mostly what i want is to have their underrated songs like "when you cry" by VH or train's underrated  songs besides drops of Jupiter i mostly just want, "i wish you would"

Daughtry's "home" and "its not over" and "every time you turn around" and "you don't belong"

btw before you guys complain i don't like all classic rock yet

This part is mostly compromised of i want. I want a lot of things as well but that doesn't mean i am going to get them.

If i want something, i should either offer something first or learn enough to achieve that which i want. In this part you offer neither.

but i mostly just want the 6 midis made and if i want more will you guys contribute for music in my mapset?

This part just doubles up on your previous. Not only do you want things to happen automagically, you also add in a additional clause that if you want more than the 6 midi's you demand without procurement, can they also contribute music for your mapset?

Take a moment to understand what you are requesting here.

But people are ignoring my request like i'm not even there

People aren't ignoring your request, people are ignoring it because you aren't coherent in what you want. For the longest time you wanted people to go back to Skulltag because you couldn't get to grips with Zandro, despite that everybody uses Zandro. For the longest time you request Skulltag stuff from the old days because you play Skulltag and feel left out when nobody else wants to play Skulltag and then make demands on that.

You gotta accept that in order to achieve something, you have to learn the ropes by yourself.

The reason i go a tad rash on you in this comment is exactly because you keep on making the same mistake despite being told numerous times what the deal is.

2 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Why do you insist on posting these things outside this specialized Megathread that is just for you?

You have been here long enough to understand how a rodeo works. So why do you still play a waltz?

This part is mostly compromised of i want. I want a lot of things as well but that doesn't mean i am going to get them.

If i want something, i should either offer something first or learn enough to achieve that which i want. In this part you offer neither.

This part just doubles up on your previous. Not only do you want things to happen automagically, you also add in a additional clause that if you want more than the 6 midi's you demand without procurement, can they also contribute music for your mapset?

Take a moment to understand what you are requesting here.

People aren't ignoring your request, people are ignoring it because you aren't coherent in what you want. For the longest time you wanted people to go back to Skulltag because you couldn't get to grips with Zandro, despite that everybody uses Zandro. For the longest time you request Skulltag stuff from the old days because you play Skulltag and feel left out when nobody else wants to play Skulltag and then make demands on that.

You gotta accept that in order to achieve something, you have to learn the ropes by yourself.

The reason i go a tad rash on you in this comment is exactly because you keep on making the same mistake despite being told numerous times what the deal is.

i forgot my megathread was a thing i'm so sorry i will not do this again i hope.

18 hours ago, haruko haruhara said:

i forgot my megathread was a thing i'm so sorry i will not do this again i hope.

If that's the only take away you got from that then i have to apologize because you aren't looking at the bigger painting i used to make with an (admittely) rough brush.

Edited by Redneckerz

So i thought to make a discord server about the rc yetter band since their was a facebook group that for some reason declined my invite, so its also about trying to hunt down their cds and the other blues rock bands like Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray, join if you wanna.

R.C. Yetter And Riviera Paradise Fan Server

https://discord.gg/jZQRcXY3r7

Hello guys back again today with some News about me trying to find CDs of R.C. Yetter Band, on April the 11th this year I was over at grandma's house while I was browsing eBay I searched up rc Yetter and Riviera paradise CD on the site and sort it to time nearly listed first and there is was on the day I looked it was going for 56.57$ in dollars and cents in total it was 70 dollars in taxes it was in good shape and such I hope and I hope it was no scam I hope it has the real disc if it does I will let all you guys know once it comes in it might arrive after Easter or sooner who knows it only had the stock photo of the CD cover art and accordingly to the positive feedback was 98.4 I hope it's a good sign not sure if it was 98.4 or not but if it does work CD I mean I will record it in high quality if I can I would do anything to honor Yetter's work I will even record the tracks separately on my music collection YouTube channel too let's hope it will arrive safely I also wouldn't mind having the R.C. Yetter Band live at the peppermint lounge too but I'm still searching for it, just thought I'd share this with everyone.

Hi, not sure if this is anything you don't already have or have already found, I understand you want physical media but I did discover this...

https://myspace.com/rivierablues

At one point, it was there.  I cannot seem to get them to play, various services I have tried cannot seem to find or extract the meagre selection of songs in that list.  I am not confident in being able to find much else unfortunately.

I'm currently recording RC Yetter and Riviera paradise cda format right now I will post it in 1 hour since I think it's 59 mins and oh I forgot to mention 

I got it as a gift at Easter day it has a see through case and it has pictures of Yetter inside the case I will show you the disc and case 

1st pic

https://ibb.co/SKYhd0M

2nd pic

https://ibb.co/yk5335J

3rd pic 

https://ibb.co/qJyxNbJ

Btw that disc is what I am currently recording.

Also I'm wondering if somebody could Corp these to look like the Amazon listing for Riviera paradise case I just want these for now because I find this CD rare even tho no disc.

It's Live at the peppermint lounge

ThirdPicturePNG2.PNG

SecondPicturePNG2.PNG

FirstPicturePNG.PNG

Well my favorites are RC Yetter and Riviera Paradise and vertical Horizon Go and Stellastarr harmonies for the haunted and Daughtry's first 2 albums 

What about yours?

not to be rude but am i not allowed to make separate topics anymore just curious because i wanted my RC Yetter one to be in its own topic because now when i make a update about me trying to hunt more info on them i mean the band wise no one has followed this topic yet.

edit: nevermind 8 people have followed it.

I'd assume nobody would have a problem with you making new topics if they were topics that could actually be discussed with the community instead of "my hunt for an ultra rare CD from a band nobody on Doomworld has ever heard of". That's a blog post, not a discussion starter. That's why you can make posts on your profile page.