Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

haruko haruhara megathread (favorite CDs)

32 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

@Redneckerz thanks for the info I I'm so sorry but my megathread is not active and I wish it was you know what I will use it for now on

Its not active because you aren't making your posts there - You are making separate threads.

The whole idea behind that megathread was that you would make your post there - instead of making separate threads.

32 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

I thank you for your criticism it's just I want to have the st days In my life but unfortunately it will never will happen I guess I will just stick with zandronum until something pops up about this topic.

Yes, i know. But you gotta accept that Skulltag's days are over - for practically everyone. So just stick it to Zandro. That got a new release last year!

@haruko haruhara I have to agree with Redneckerz here.

you make way too many posts talking about a dead source port despite being told countless times that nobody really cares. i have even told you personally that nobody really wants to talk about Zandronum or skulltag on here. if you really wanted to post something about it you can just make a status update on your profile, Not an entire thread about it!

just dm your friends about it if you want to talk about st or zandro. 

and i still dont know why you dont use your megathread. i dont think it was meant as an insult, it was just a way to consolidate your posts because you post so frequently. 

and you should also stop being so defensive when it comes to this too, people have the right to an opinion, not everyone needs to agree with you, that is not how the world works, i wish you would realize that. 

52 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

Bruuuh I can't pay the fee I have no money no defense but I literally just can't just pay GitHub or BitBucket for shit

They do not cost - both have free plans which will suit your purposes:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/bitbucket/pricing - 1GB filesize limit...

https://github.com/pricing 

You can store anything you like for free up to the repo storage limits. That's a LOT of WAD files...

I say again, look at how I linked my smeghammer site to my github site - ALL of the resources I mirroired from R667 are stored in my github repo and I link to them from my site. I am suggesting you do something similar - you don't have to have a funky browser like the one I built - a simple list as you showed with your examples would suffice.

2 hours ago, Yandere_Doomer said:

Is this the Fear the sentinel site or something?

if not then why are you making this one?

If you are interested I built a python3 WAD downloader and one of the implementations is for TSP...

https://github.com/smeghammer/wad_downloader

>>> EDIT <<<

Updating code to account for pymongo5 REALLY need to do a PIPENV!

Edited by smeghammer

@haruko haruhara again I am forced to ask, why are you doing this exactly? I appreciate and admire your enthusiasm but it seems to me you completely lack both the resources and knowledge to really do this well.

@Yandere_Doomer "Refer to me as Deathclaw886, Please" So change your name. Click on your name in the top right corner (assuming you are on a computer), click Account Settings. Click change. Now you may have already done this, you can only do it once a year. Just mentioning it is not easy to spot being apart from the profile section.

47 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

@Yandere_Doomer "Refer to me as Deathclaw886, Please" So change your name. Click on your name in the top right corner (assuming you are on a computer), click Account Settings. Click change. Now you may have already done this, you can only do it once a year. Just mentioning it is not easy to spot being apart from the profile section.

Thats the problem, it hasnt been a year yet. and i am on a xbox (because of internet problems with my pc)

so until february i believe, ii cant change it yet, so i want people to just refer to me as my old username until then.

9 minutes ago, Yandere_Doomer said:

Thats the problem, it hasnt been a year yet. and i am on a xbox (because of internet problems with my pc)

so until february i believe, ii cant change it yet, so i want people to just refer to me as my old username until then.

Ah. Wasn't sure you knew the option was there, all good.

3 hours ago, Murdoch said:

@haruko haruhara again I am forced to ask, why are you doing this exactly? I appreciate and admire your enthusiasm but it seems to me you completely lack both the resources and knowledge to really do this well.

This, pretty much. Reading through your last few posts, I'm very confused about your goal here. And if you want to reach "8000,000 files", why limit it to just GZ, Skulltag, and Zandronum wads?

Also at "8000,0000" wads (though this should actually be typed 80,000,000), assuming the average size of a zdoom wad is maybe 4MB (using some bad math and the size of the idgames doom2/ports directory), this would mean needing to store maybe about 320,000,000 megabytes of storage, or more than 300 terabytes. You aren't doing that on a free bitbucket or github page. Google's cloud storage services estimates that, at 2 cents per GB, to be approximately $6,246.40 USD a month under standard operation fees.

I have roughy 84,000 wads on my site and that is almost at 1TB so good luck hosting 80,000,000 (if you can even find that many)

31 minutes ago, WadArchive said:

I have roughy 84,000 wads on my site and that is almost at 1TB so good luck hosting 80,000,000 (if you can even find that many)

I sincerely doubt even that many exist. There's a hell of a lot of Doom content, but not quite THAT much.

ok so a big change has been made since nobody knows what the original wadhost site was i decided to change my site name to chaosunleashed it may not say that in the url but its defiantly changed as of this day 1/13/2022 btw if anyone has problems with the text i can change that but nothing looks good with yellow besides black so yeah hope someone will like the new update. 

-But why did you choose to rip off Wadhosting's title?

-And why is there a forum now?

-And what is that rules page?!

-Why aren't limit removing wads allowed?

-Why aren't Boom compatible wads allowed?

-What makes you think that someone is going to come to you specifically and start throwing a tantrum because you won't upload their wad ASAP?

I know you mean no harm/offense, but I seriously chuckled when you pretty much advertised on your own rules page that you have a backdoor on your website that you're advertising on Doomworld that leads to the "exclusive" "racists" wads that Doomworld can get "kinda mad at". Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

20220118_064933.jpg

So is anyone familiar with it here is screenshots I'm wondering where to buy their albums I found this CD but it had no disc he is a legend up there with Stevie ray according to the internet if I read properly but here's the pictures 

The front cover

https://ibb.co/M8TgSdg

The back cover

https://ibb.co/hcW41Pk

The insert in the Case

https://ibb.co/hcW41Pk

Here is the only song I found by him on YouTube this is rare my goal is to get all his CDs as possible to upload them to YouTube.

Turns out this is a blues electronic rock band there was also a alot of others that were local bands but all of them were missing their disc.

Edited by haruko haruhara : I clicked submit way too early

7 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Weird. I've never hear of them myself. I wonder if they're any good?

This is a pretty good song his guitar playing is amazing I kinda would like to get his guitar trouble and album 3 and a complete copy of the live at the peppermint lounge he is from 2000 to 2001.

My mom ordered the album called 3 by them sadly guitar trouble was sold out it may never be restocked but my mom ordered it but it had no picture it was from amazon but i'm hoping my mom did not buy a scam i know i should be the one who is buying the stuff but i don't have money or credit card so it was 25 dollars for this rare cd and i don't know if it will ever come but i will hope it will come in!

well guys i struck gold i found his music not sure if i can get the Live At The Peppermint Lounge or 3 but its Guitar Trouble!

i pretty much uploaded it check my about info.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:01 AM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

-But why did you choose to rip off Wadhosting's title?

-And why is there a forum now?

-And what is that rules page?!

-Why aren't limit removing wads allowed?

-Why aren't Boom compatible wads allowed?

-What makes you think that someone is going to come to you specifically and start throwing a tantrum because you won't upload their wad ASAP?

I know you mean no harm/offense, but I seriously chuckled when you pretty much advertised on your own rules page that you have a backdoor on your website that you're advertising on Doomworld that leads to the "exclusive" "racists" wads that Doomworld can get "kinda mad at". Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

20220118_064933.jpg

No I am not ripping off wadhosting site do you know what the wadhost fathax page was I can show you what it was if you like 

And I only wanted people to understand that I don't want to have over a million files of stuff I'm not interested in sure I can just delete the files off of my PC and upload them to bitbucket but no defense to you but why are you mad about this? Is there a reason why you are mad or something? If you really want me to allow everything I will allow it I just don't want to have a bunch of random files if I'm not interested in it plus I don't play doom without jump or crouch I play with everything as possible I know you are doing criticism which I do respect but I'm sorry if I made you mad through.

1 hour ago, haruko haruhara said:

No I am not ripping off wadhosting site do you know what the wadhost fathax page was I can show you what it was if you like 

And I only wanted people to understand that I don't want to have over a million files of stuff I'm not interested in sure I can just delete the files off of my PC and upload them to bitbucket but no defense to you but why are you mad about this? Is there a reason why you are mad or something? If you really want me to allow everything I will allow it I just don't want to have a bunch of random files if I'm not interested in it plus I don't play doom without jump or crouch I play with everything as possible I know you are doing criticism which I do respect but I'm sorry if I made you mad through.

Not at all buddy, I have no reason to be mad. I just got a chuckle out of the way you worded some things, in a good way. It's totally up to you what you want to allow or disallow, it is your website. I'm not too familiar with Wadhost so I'm probably just missing something there.

i got this from my local salvation army awhile back like in 2020 i think, the band is called "The Radio Years" album name "Never Look Back" here is a couple pictures

The Front cover

https://ibb.co/DzR5bKq

The Back cover

https://ibb.co/fpfJgBb

Inside the case

https://ibb.co/t3vqP5m

it sounds so home made that person who could had donated it to the salvation army could have been the owner or a fan or one of the band members who knows! tell me your thoughts on this band i like it.

I've never heard or seen anything about this band, but it does seem interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some start-up band that hasn't gotten enough popularity yet, or faded away before that could happen. 

I really don't know why this had to go to my megathread but okay 

A alot new changes has been made 

I really don't know what the point is to have a wad site if it's not a forum just a wad repo but now it's a forum only it's going to be based off of Mobius's website still but the only thing that is going to be different is.

Well hate to break it to anybody but it's now only for skulltag and zandronum mods and dm maps and various other game modes the download links are going to be limited to only 20 unless if someone has a new wad they would like to submit a mod to go in the download section here is my website 

So just to say I will allow anyones files but it has to be compatible with zandronum or something like that any new gzdoom modification will be declined since I'm going for multiplayer stuff and Maybe single player wads that are tested with zandronum sorry for the inconvenience

https://wadhost.proboards.com/