Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Korp

Korp's sprites/artwork

On 10/31/2021 at 12:47 PM, unraveler said:

Gorgeous, great job!

I really hope to see the bottom one replacing the current Lost Soul!

Thanks! The lost soul did got replaced with this lil trilobyte, but it looked kinda crusty so im polishing it and smoothing it up.

12 hours ago, Korp said:

Thanks! The lost soul did got replaced with this lil trilobyte, but it looked kinda crusty so im polishing it and smoothing it up.

Oh, I wasn't very aware of the test builds, only about the official latest release.

OMG I love the style!! It's like a cross between Metal Slug and Metroid ZM/Fusion!

Thank you all, i have forgotten about these threads lol.

Here's the new chaingun sprites!

20211126_155347.gif

newchaingun.png.e1887996a3f5e0cf2df1440637eb0327.png

Oh, that looks very good!

I keep forgetting to ask: if the small trilobite is the Lost Soul replacement, what does the Pain Elemental counterpart look like now?

9 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

Oh, that looks very good!

I keep forgetting to ask: if the small trilobite is the Lost Soul replacement, what does the Pain Elemental counterpart look like now?

Looks like this!

bleh.gif

Design was made by me, and @HorrorMovieRei did the animating

On 12/5/2021 at 6:50 AM, RetroGamer02 said:

Looks Awesome keep it up!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Looks terrific, I'd love to see it in the project

If i recall correctly, it's already in the project; it was finished a while ago.

13 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Are not worried of getting sued by Nintendo for that Lost Soul replacement?

I really doubt i can get sued for something so insignificant :P

@Korp Is it at least an original sprite and not one you ripped straight out of a Metroid game and recolored it?

Edited by Rudolph

On 12/11/2021 at 6:27 AM, Rudolph said:

@Korp Is it at least an original sprite and not one you ripped straight out of a Metroid game and recolored it?

Well, as you can see, i provided 2 examples of my artwork, both look similar in style. So do you really think i ripped a sprite from Metroid?

And as for the design, i did not plan to draw any metroid creature; im unfamiliar with the game itself and i have never played or seen much from it. The design was more inspired by the Trilobite monster we currently have.

Really? Well, then, that is one heck of coincidence. Maybe you got the idea from it through cultural osmosis?

In any case, I like the design myself, I just do not want Freedoom to get into trouble with infamously litigious Nintendo, that's all.

11 hours ago, Korp said:

im unfamiliar with the game itself and i have never played or seen much from it. The design was more inspired by the Trilobite monster we currently have.

Same, here, I have only vague knowledge of monster designs in Metroid games, and the Lost Soul replacement design naturally felt like a continuation of the trilobite theme to me.

But indeed sometimes there are rather uncanny resemblances between designs in different unrelated games, sometimes created completely independently from one another.

11 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Really? Well, then, that is one heck of coincidence. Maybe you got the idea from it through cultural osmosis?

In any case, I like the design myself, I just do not want Freedoom to get into trouble with infamously litigious Nintendo, that's all.

As said above, i dont think we can get in trouble with Nintendo for a design :)

10 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

Same, here, I have only vague knowledge of monster designs in Metroid games, and the Lost Soul replacement design naturally felt like a continuation of the trilobite theme to me.

But indeed sometimes there are rather uncanny resemblances between designs in different unrelated games, sometimes created completely independently from one another.

Well, i found interesting to think that, as the trilobite gets older, their eyes merge into one singular eye. So i adapted that idea into this hatchling lol.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, Rudolph said:

Fair enough but I don't see the point of making such a connection without providing visual evidence for comparison.

Apart from the overall round shape and the inwardly moving mandibles, there's surprisingly little similarity IMO. That Metroid looks more like a jellyfish with mandibles than a crustacean like thing.

I am playing with the latest build of Freedoom and I am really enjoying the new sprites - minus perhaps the Pain Elemental. I am not really sure why, though: maybe because it looks a bit too much like the Trilobyte, only with a weird-looking thing coming out of its back? I do not know. The Metroid-like Lost Soul replacement looks great, however!

Here is to hoping you or someone else update the Spider Mastermind - and the Episode III epilogue screen - next!

Hey yall! sorry for my inactivity here, progress has been a bit slow due to other projects im in.
Anyhow, ive made a "smooth" version of the chaingun above, and i thought some peeps could see an use for it!

(Note: I would appreciate whoever uses these to also credit Blastfrog, since my work is based on his)

export202201140359146880.png

very nice. All this will provide much needed sprite updates to freedoom! :-)