Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OV3RDR1VE

HACX Twitch 'N' Kill v1.2 Improved Edition (2021)

Good release, pal!
HACX totally deserves more love as its a great game ;)

But I wonder why you prefered the 1.0 commercial release over 1.2 iwad release.
Both are official, and since the v1.2 release is the latest one, its the one that should be taken as what Banjo Software intended.
So, some improvements are really cool, but some other seems like a downgrade to a previous version.

38 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Good release, pal!
HACX totally deserves more love as its a great game ;)

But I wonder why you prefered the 1.0 commercial release over 1.2 iwad release.
Both are official, and since the v1.2 release is the latest one, its the one that should be taken as what Banjo Software intended.
So, some improvements are really cool, but some other seems like a downgrade to a previous version.

Thanks ;)

Check out all the features practically - it's definetely an improvement.

Starting from maps:

HACX v1.2 uses maps from HACX v1.1 Freeware (v1.2 is actually based on v1.1 which is, in it's own right, a throwback from v1.0 Commercial CD Release), some of them have design flaws and seem incomplete. HACX v1.0 Commercial CD Release had the latest versions of the maps and they are much appealing. You seem not to know the entire story.

Read these articles:

https://tcrf.net/Hacx:_Twitch_'n'_Kill

https://doomwadstation.net/hacx/GetHacx.html

The changes (the firing rate) made to weapons in v1.2 (Kick, Hoig Reznator, Nuker) I don't consider genuine as they shatter the balance.

In HACX v1.0 Commercial CD Release they were slower but not until the point you would consider them weak and useless.

As for enemies - In HACX v1.0 Commercial CD Release there were some bad points for sure (like one sound used by several enemies),

but they are not included in my release. The changes did not make them weaker, that's for certain, but more historically accurate (towards v1.0) and genuine.

Edited by OV3RDR1VE

55 minutes ago, OV3RDR1VE said:

Thanks ;)

Check out all the features practically - it's definetely an improvement.

Starting from maps:

HACX v1.2 uses maps from HACX v1.1 Freeware (v1.2 is actually based on v1.1 which is, in it's own right, a throwback from v1.0 Commercial CD Release), some of them have design flaws and seem incomplete. HACX v1.0 Commercial CD Release had the latest versions of the maps and they are much appealing. You seem not to know the entire story.

Read these articles:

https://tcrf.net/Hacx:_Twitch_'n'_Kill

https://doomwadstation.net/hacx/GetHacx.html

The changes (the firing rate) made to weapons in v1.2 (Kick, Hoig Reznator, Nuker) I don't consider genuine as they shatter the balance.

In HACX v1.0 Commercial CD Release they were slower but not until the point you would consider them weak and useless.

As for enemies - In HACX v1.0 Commercial CD Release there were some bad points for sure (like one sound used by several enemies),

but they are not included in my release. The changes did not make them weaker, that's for certain, but more historically (towards v1.0) accurate and genuine.

yes, most of the decorate tweaks are definetively an improvement.
Especially the multiple sounds for monsters and the fixed samurai statue and other similar tweaks.

Yes, i know the full story since i read those pages countless of times before.
But still, 1.2 version, is the last version curated by Nostromo, member of Banjo Software itself.

So, the changes to the weapons are those the developer intended and deemed important for the proper gameplay.

As for the maps, yes, it is well documented on the DoomWiki entry.
And i remember a map patch for 1.2 version that did the same as you, and it was aknowledged by the developer team, that why the 1.3 upcoming version was going to fix those problem and probably add the proper ending to the game.

Anyway, the recollection of the different widescreen assets on a simple pack is good enough to warrant that this is a good release.

2 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

that why the 1.3 upcoming version was going to fix those problem and probably add the proper ending to the game.

HacX 1.3?

1 minute ago, DannyMan said:

HacX 1.3?

yes, its was stated on the wiki, and many times around here that it would be a version that include those fixes, the prbolem on the dehacked patch and many more things. Since it was planned long ago... it ''upcomming-ness'' its debateable... :/

Now i remember that the planned proper ending along new maps and tweaks were intended for the HACX2.0 version, and not for the 1.3 version as i stated before.

On 10/31/2021 at 2:28 AM, P41R47 said:

yes, most of the decorate tweaks are definetively an improvement.
Especially the multiple sounds for monsters and the fixed samurai statue and other similar tweaks.

Yes, i know the full story since i read those pages countless of times before.
But still, 1.2 version, is the last version curated by Nostromo, member of Banjo Software itself.

So, the changes to the weapons are those the developer intended and deemed important for the proper gameplay.

As for the maps, yes, it is well documented on the DoomWiki entry.
And i remember a map patch for 1.2 version that did the same as you, and it was aknowledged by the developer team, that why the 1.3 upcoming version was going to fix those problem and probably add the proper ending to the game.

Anyway, the recollection of the different widescreen assets on a simple pack is good enough to warrant that this is a good release.

Here is my demonstration run of HACX Twitch 'N' Kill v1.2 Improved Edition (2021) in ZDoom v2.8.1.

You can see "Kick" and "Hoig Reznator" weapons in action - that's how they operated in HACX v1.0 Commercial CD Release.

As you can witness, the pace & blastfest were not affected by those changes.

Bugs got their butts fried and devastated.

Edited by OV3RDR1VE

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but you just wanted to say the demos seem to desync completely in improved edition.

Edited by OpenRift

On 3/27/2022 at 1:56 AM, OpenRift said:

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but you just wanted to say the demos seem to desync completely in improved edition.

Don't quite understand what you mean by this, but ZDoom is not capable of playing genuine demos which were initially incorporated into wad file.

This relates to Doom, Doom 2, etc.

If you want to record a demo in ZDoom, you should use this command line parameter:

"-record"

For instance (you can specify this in .bat file)

ZDoom.exe -record mydemo

//

Read section "#1. Source Port." In

"REQUIREMENTS, RECOMMENDATIONS AND INSTALLATION" Paragraph. 

I guess you've tried to play it with Chocolate Doom or something else like that. This release is not supposed to be run properly with any of those.

Edited by OV3RDR1VE

On 10/13/2022 at 11:47 AM, taufan99 said:

Sorry for bumping this thread, but since you have the v1.0 commercial CD, I'd like to ask whether it had something about the unnamed invisible enemy or not.

Hello there, I only have original HACX.wad extracted from HACX v1.0 Commercial CD, not a physical disc.

What you saw on the photos is my custom package, I printed the front inlay for CD case and burned the data onto CD-RW disc.

For my project I used resources (Data, Maps etc.) from the aforementioned HACX.wad that can be downloaded from the following post:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1403436

Click on the "Installed Wad (and accessories)" link.

//

As for invisible enemy bug - since HACX v1.0 MAP10 (Anarchist Dream) version is a bit different in terms of start area of the map, enemy placement & their types in comparison to HACX v1.1 MAP10 version I suppose there is no such a bug in existence.

I completed the HACX v1.0 MAP10 (Anarchist Dream) version which is incorporated into my Improved Edition on skill "3" (I'm Immortal) and all 155 enemies can be killed without any troubles, as well as every item can be collected (164/164) and all secrets can be reached (5/5).

Edited by OV3RDR1VE

Sorry for the bump, may i ask where the secret exit to "desiccant room" is? The (very good) changes here kinda make any info on the internet unreliable.

Edited by bnabradi

On 5/16/2023 at 11:30 AM, bnabradi said:

Sorry for the bump, may i ask where the secret exit to "desiccant room" is? The (very good) changes here kinda make any info on the internet unreliable.

Hello, bnabradi.

Here you go. Watch attentively.

#1 - The Secret Exit To The Desiccant Room.

#2 - Cryogun Usage For Specific Secrets (Additional video, just for demonstration purposes).

Edited by OV3RDR1VE