Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

RAY MOHAWK 2: Ray Wreaks Havoc! [20 Vanilla Maps - v4 on idgames!]

19 hours ago, RetroAkaMe said:

That means I can play ray mohawk DM in zand?

Yes and no, some Ray Mohawk maps have DM starts and others don't, I don't know which ones have DM starts or not.

The co-op playthrough with Doomkid and several of the mappers was amazing! And we discovered a few remaining bugs that we can address.

@Doomkid could you perhaps have a look at that wall with the missing texture, at about 3:20:18 into the video? 

@Doomkid A comment on the wall in MAP17 that prevents access to the cyberdemon fight at the end: this is to prevent some drawseg/visplane issues, so it really can't be lowered. I would recommend in putting a teleporter that becomes accessible when the cyberdemon fight starts as an alternative.

Glad you guys really seem to be into Chocolate Island. I really struggled coming up with a map for this, I actually scrapped two other maps (thankfully they weren't finished) before coming to this, which I did pretty quickly in a day or two.

The stream was pretty cool! Sorry for the absence on a few maps, I tried to find a mic but didn't had any luck. Next time I will prepare myself so I can play and talk at the same time haha

About some issues on my map:

[1:56:36] The ship sequence had to be skipped on coop so the map could progress normally. It still works as intended on single player.

[1:57:38] Regarding the 3D bridge: I already fixed the glitch on the latest version of the map, you can get it here (It only happens on hardware render). 

[2:01:00] If someone die inside the building that door will not open again, which is why it's broken on coop. I can add an extra line to fix that.

Edited by Noiser

I finally beat this map set. That last map was super tough but I did like how it ended, even though it took me a while to figure how to beat it. I gotta say that the boat sinking sequence in MAP16 (i think that is where it was) was the coolest thing I've seen in a Doom megawad in a while.

Aurelius, I think that’s a good idea, the teleporter - I’d definitely add it in, but unfortunately if I open your map (and bizarrely, only your map) and make any changes, it becomes glitch hell, similar to what happened with Rudy 2..

Noiser, let me know if you want me to implement any changes, or if you’d prefer to make the tweaks yourself that’s perfect too. If someone attempts to trigger the ship in co-op, does it simply not happen? As long as the map can be exited in co-op without players getting stuck, that’s all I care about at this point!

LizardCommando, I’m really glad you had fun with it!

On 11/7/2021 at 1:38 AM, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

A thing I noticed in some recent playthroughs of my map: the linedef that triggers the moving pillars in the last big room is sometimes skipped. The linedef is located next to the switch that requires the yellow key, I believe. @Doomkid could I ask you to add some extra lines in the map performing the same action, just to be safe? They could be placed in a much earlier location that the player has to pass.

Well, I looked into the HOM you mentioned above, as well as the issue quoted - but I can't help but wonder if my node builder used for my copy of GZDoom is what introduced the HOM in the first place. If you could add these extra lines (and in doing so, simply "re-save and re-node build the map) and send that to me, I have a feeling it will in turn fix the HOM. And if not.. it's a pure anomaly that I can't think of a solution for!

Also, @Aurelius, just a final point about Map17 - since I'm unable to edit it, if you add in that aforementioned teleporter, could you also add in player 2-4 starts as well as 4 DM starts? They can all be right at the beginning of the map, but they're just needed to avoid crashes in (most) ports. Sorry about all this last minute stuff showing up. (I've also got that damn CWILV bug fixed as of now.)

I think, once I get updated maps from Noiser, Aurelius and Peccatum, I'll finally be able to release the "for real" final version - all the other bugs mentioned in this thread and elsewhere are fixed as of now!

On 11/26/2021 at 7:47 AM, RetroAkaMe said:

That means I can play ray mohawk DM in zand?

On 11/27/2021 at 3:11 AM, Hitboi said:

Yes and no, some Ray Mohawk maps have DM starts and others don't, I don't know which ones have DM starts or not.

In the upcoming fixed versions, there will be full DM and Co-op starts in all maps!

So, there seems to be something very peculiar about the Auto Shotgun. Running around killing enemies with it seems to be the most fun I've ever had with pants on. Great work on that one. Also the maps are kickass but everything is being kinda eclipsed by the awesomeness that is the autoshotty. 

I just had a go at the first map on my lunch break. Hah, the whole tone of this is fantastic and quite a tonic after the usual darkness, hellfire and tech (I love all that too!). Titlepic, the 80s M_DOOM, cruise ship music.

This is some mad dehacked work. The quickest to expire spoiler ever for anyone yet to play it, but the first shot of the pistol was one of the most memorable wad starts I've had in years. Yeah yeah, we're all used to the so-called buffed slightly faster and sniper accurate starting pistol. I jump out the boat and swivel to my first opponent -- fetching in a hula skirt -- and click fire, expecting to place my first of maybe 6 perfectly accurate shots to take 'er down. Nope. The pistol is... a shotgun? A full auto shotgun that seems to fire faster than the standard pistol?!  Do the weapons go backwards in terms of power here or something?

Lots of fun. Great how much you can change the pace and firepower and still keep it challenging and fun.

Hey Noiser, no problem with the waiting. As long as there are no cooperative softlocks or big visual glitches, I’m happy with it!

I should have the final version posted within the next 12 hours. If I don’t get any big reports a few days after that, this will finally be on the way to /idgames :)

20 hours ago, Doomkid said:

If I don’t get any big reports a few days after that, this will finally be on the way to /idgames :)

Good jajajob, you FINALLY did it.

Great work!

Map 20 in the current realese has a minor, but potentially frustrating oversight.

The Volleyball field near blue key is locked by invisible wall. This means, when the blue key trap is triggered, the player cannot jump to the Volleyball field immediately. Given that two cybers get revealed behind the player, the whole invisible wall situation can feel like a cheap moment.

2 hours ago, Azure_Horror said:

Map 20 in the current realese has a minor, but potentially frustrating oversight.

The Volleyball field near blue key is locked by invisible wall. This means, when the blue key trap is triggered, the player cannot jump to the Volleyball field immediately. Given that two cybers get revealed behind the player, the whole invisible wall situation can feel like a cheap moment.

This issue was simply too annoying to ignore. I've fixed this, as well as an issue where "kills, items, secrets" were not showing up on the intermission screen.

Link and filename are still the same as before!

1 minute ago, lokbustam257 said:

now I can download the weapons pack where's the weapons pack Doomkid

Oh, shit.. The weapons (and full resource) pack are coming, for real this time(tm)!

54 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

This issue was simply too annoying to ignore. I've fixed this, as well as an issue where "kills, items, secrets" were not showing up on the intermission screen.

Link and filename are still the same as before!

I was going to ask about the "kills, items, secrets" text. Thanks for the quick fix!

Was giving it a playthrough just now, tons of fun!

Issue with the latest version, v1.2. map 10: at the very beginning when you shoot the eye switch the barrier raises as opposed to lowering. Tested with latest version of DSDA Doom and Eternity.  The previous version v1.1 there is no issue and it works as it should.

1 hour ago, volfenstein said:

Issue with the latest version, v1.2. map 10: at the very beginning when you shoot the eye switch the barrier raises as opposed to lowering. Tested with latest version of DSDA Doom and Eternity.  The previous version v1.1 there is no issue and it works as it should.

This is so bizarre, it's as if the map self-edited to mess with me.

This is now fixed - same link as before!

Just wanted to say that I'm halfway through playing this one (UV, pistol starts) and really enjoying it - but I have to say that Rowdy Rudy would definitely be jealous of Ray's arsenal. This WAD is the real Powertrip.

So far, MAP06 and MAP09 are my faves.

Doomkid is a connoisseur of oldschool cheese, if that's your thing then this WAD is a must play.

ps. Where do you get your classic rock/pop midis?

edit: nm, found your video here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2288034

Edited by ginc

I’m really glad to hear you’re enjoying the wad!

Some MIDIs I find straight off the web, but many have to be converted from Guitar Pro and Power Tabs, this quick vid will explain how to get most MIDIs you could ever need: