Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

RAY MOHAWK 2: Ray Wreaks Havoc! [20 Vanilla Maps - v4 on idgames!]

Happy to see this released, this is a dynamite mapset! It was a tremendous amount of fun to contribute to this project. The dehacked weapons and enemies are some of the finest around, so much so that this almost feels like a different game. Playing through the final version is going to be a real treat this Halloween.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, @Doomkid, it seems that the MAP09 that made it in this cut is not the final version that I had posted in the dev thread pre-release. So some bugs are still there, and the updated weapons, ammo balance, etc. are missing in the uploaded version, but the map is still mostly similar to the revised one. Make sure to download that file again as well, I updated those MP weapon flags and refreshed the Drive file upload.

Edited by Moustachio

1 hour ago, Moustachio said:

Happy to see this released, this is a dynamite mapset! It was a tremendous amount of fun to contribute to this project. The dehacked weapons and enemies are some of the finest around, so much so that this almost feels like a different game. Playing through the final version is going to be a real treat this Halloween.

Unfortunately, @Doomkid, it seems that the MAP09 that made it in this cut is not the final version that I had posted in the dev thread pre-release. So some bugs are still there, and the updated weapons, ammo balance, etc. are missing in the uploaded version, but the map is still mostly similar to the revised one. Make sure to download that file again as well, I updated those MP weapon flags and refreshed the Drive file upload.

Wow, I have no idea how I messed that up. Quite a number of bugs have already been reported, so in about 2 days, I'll have a fix that takes all bug reports into account (new filename too of course, just to avoid confusion). Really glad you brought this to my attention!

Congratulations everybody on this beautiful project! I started mapping one year ago having only played a few wads, one of which was Ray Mohawk 1. That map set was such a joy and propelled me forwards on my Doom journey. Having made a map myself for Ray Mohawk 2 just a year later is a Doom dream come true! Even if it's only a bonus map: it's one of the most ambitious ones I've ever made, and my first big map in vanilla Doom (it ended up being limit removing because reasons).

These maps are worth all the clichés I can throw at them: a joy, a blast, balls-to-the-walls rambunctious action: all that jazz. Looking forward to Ray Mohawk 3 and for now: let's all take up our incredibly overpowered weapons and plow through thousands of monsters!

tried the first level and I love it... I've always been drawn to the whole holiday theme in doom wads and the hula imps are just awesome!

3 hours ago, LGmaire said:

I do have a question about this wad, what's the music used for all of the maps in here?
I would really like to know. :)

Mine is the mighty "Rave Dancetune" from Cool Spot (edited with new arrangements, the original was too short 8D)

Edited by Noiser

5 maps in, so far this is really good! I love that Doomkid and Co. aren't afraid to give you super powerful guns along with a (usually) fair challenge. It could easily be boring or repetitive, but it's pulled off very tastefully in these WADs. Great job, guys!

This is a good Halloween surprise :) 

EDIT: @Doomkid There's an issue when loading both mohawk2! & mo2bonus together, the map 21 credits map loads instead of my bonus map that's in map 21 :(

Edited by Philnemba

I didn't try the first Ray Mohawk, but just played the first level of that now as well and I love that one too!

Good old fashioned DOOM fun!

I can see the article in the monster gazette now...

Ray Mohawk returns to our monster resort and starts killing for the second year in a row and this time he has stolen some magic gauntlets that he now uses for killing instead of a chainsaw. Imps dressed in vacation outfits all claim that their vacation has been ruined for the second year in a row. But this year, they upgraded their cyberdemon in an attempt to stop Ray.

Congrats on the release, Doomkid! I'll add this to the massive pile of mapsets I need to play. :)

To everyone who has posted, thanks a ton, it warms me heart it does!

17 hours ago, LGmaire said:

I do have a question about this wad, what's the music used for all of the maps in here?
I would really like to know. :)

I’ll make sure to get a text doc with every music credit made up for the 1.1 version!

7 hours ago, Philnemba said:

This is a good Halloween surprise :) 

EDIT: @Doomkid There's an issue when loading both mohawk2! & mo2bonus together, the map 21 credits map loads instead of my bonus map that's in map 21 :(

Ah don’t worry, that’s all about load order. So long as you load the bonus wad up after the main wad, it works as it should! (Tested in DSDA, PrBoom, GZDoom and all the multiplayer ports - Rudy 2’s bonus maps worked this same way)

2 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

That may be a bit off yet, but it’s coming for sure

This looks awesome. Sounds like there will be some updates/bugfixes coming correct?

13 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Ah don’t worry, that’s all about load order. So long as you load the bonus wad up after the main wad, it works as it should! (Tested in DSDA, PrBoom, GZDoom and all the multiplayer ports - Rudy 2’s bonus maps worked this same way)

Yeah I goofed up and load the bonus map wad up first due to being too tired before midnight -_-;

8 hours ago, BiZ said:

This looks awesome. Sounds like there will be some updates/bugfixes coming correct?

Yep, that’s correct. Already got about 10 bugs reported and fixed! I’ll wait a couple days to post 1.1, just in case more are found. Thankfully they’re all pretty minor!

@SilverMiner Please have a look at the VOD that I posted 3 messages above. A streamer had the same issue with your map as I did a couple of months ago: a monster closet not triggering for some reason. 

In the VOD we talk a bit about what might be doing it. Would be cool if this could be fixed somehow: this is a D2ALL killing bug.

3 hours ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

a monster closet not triggering for some reason

The closets are triggered when you shoot thru some quite wide linedef in the cave.

The streamer was lucky not to open them hehe

EDIT:

chaotic shooting around could solve that :)