Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

RAY MOHAWK 2: Ray Wreaks Havoc! [20 Vanilla Maps - v4 on idgames!]

1 hour ago, MtPain27 said:

Small typo in paragraph two ("a nukage-powred craft") of first text screen, but the first paragraph made me laugh out loud: "his 'new normal' is constant killing." Hilarious.

oh you're almost to level 8, which is my map, hope you like it!

8 hours ago, MtPain27 said:

Small typo in paragraph two ("a nukage-powred craft") of first text screen, but the first paragraph made me laugh out loud: "his 'new normal' is constant killing." Hilarious.

Damn, I knew at least one typo would show up! I'm glad you're getting a laugh out of the completely OTT "storyline" though :)

7 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Damn, I knew at least one typo would show up! I'm glad you're getting a laugh out of the completely OTT "storyline" though :)

In that same image, note also: "his his old life"

Gonna post the 1.1 fix tomorrow :)

Here's the music credits that I forgot to include initially!

Title - Roadkill Jam from Cruis'n USA

Inter - Ringside from Rhythm Heaven Fever

Text - Ten Years Gone by Led Zeppelin

01 - I Don't Wanna Get Drafted by Frank Zappa

02 - Sleep by Jimmy

03 - House Special from Cruis'n USA

04 - Girls on Film by Duran Duran

05 - Your Time Has Come by Audioslave

06 - Maniac by Michael Sembello

07 - Havana Smooth by Lee Jackson

08 - Bubbly Washing Machine from Super Monkey Ball 2

09 - Costa del Sol from Final Fantasy 7

10 - Keys the Ruin (Pyramid Cave) from Sonic Adventure 2

11 - Reflex by Duran Duran

12 - No Quarter by Led Zeppelin

13 - Celluloid Heroes by The Kinks

14 - Lose Yourself to Dance by Daft Punk

15 - Shiny Happy People by R.E.M.

16 - Rave Dance Tune from Cool Spot

17 - Athletic from Super Mario World

18 - Abobo from Battletoads / Double Dragon

19 - I Choose the Stairs by Lee Jackson

20 - Last Resort by Jimmy

B1 - Field of Hopes & Dreams from Deltarune Chapter 1

B2 - Hocus Pocus by Focus

(Hey @SilverMiner, what's the song you chose called? It's familiar to me but I'm not sure..)

On 11/4/2021 at 12:37 AM, UberGewei said:

So proud of y'all and the end result!

You did a great job at managing this project DK!

Thanks a lot Uber, I really appreciate that!

On 11/4/2021 at 1:01 PM, Master O said:

I just realized the Zombiemen in this mod look like Duke Nukem.  Hahaha, Doomkid.

This mod was heavily inspired by Duke in more ways than one :)

This is minor and probably not worth bothering with unless there are also real bugs, but while I'm using my experience as a copyeditor on your story texts, the last one should use the word "populace" (noun, a population of people) rather than "populous" (adjective, having many people).

It's embarassing that I only know English, and apparently I don't even know that. (Thanks very much once again, NJ. If any other bugs show up at all, and maybe even if not, I'll fix that!)

6 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

It's embarassing that I only know English, and apparently I don't even know that. (Thanks very much once again, NJ. If any other bugs show up at all, and maybe even if not, I'll fix that!)

Take it from an editor of the English language -- nobody knows English, lol.

It's not so much a language one can know as a strange dream one can try to make the most of.

I couldn't accept it being wrong - all ZIP contents are now updated (link is the same). The demo was desynced anyway, so that's fixed as well!

21 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Gonna post the 1.1 fix tomorrow :)

EDIT: It's tomorrow now!

Here's the music credits that I forgot to include initially!

Title - Roadkill Jam from Cruis'n USA

Inter - Ringside from Rhythm Heaven Fever

Text - Ten Years Gone by Led Zeppelin

01 - I Don't Wanna Get Drafted by Frank Zappa

02 - Sleep by Jimmy

03 - House Special from Cruis'n USA

04 - Girls on Film by Duran Duran

05 - Your Time Has Come by Audioslave

06 - Maniac by Michael Sembello

07 - Havana Smooth by Lee Jackson

08 - Bubbly Washing Machine from Super Monkey Ball 2

09 - Costa del Sol from Final Fantasy 7

10 - Keys the Ruin (Pyramid Cave) from Sonic Adventure 2

11 - Reflex by Duran Duran

12 - No Quarter by Led Zeppelin

13 - Celluloid Heroes by The Kinks

14 - Lose Yourself to Dance by Daft Punk

15 - Shiny Happy People by R.E.M.

16 - Rave Dance Tune from Cool Spot

17 - Athletic from Super Mario World

18 - Abobo from Battletoads / Double Dragon

19 - I Choose the Stairs by Lee Jackson

20 - Last Resort by Jimmy

B1 - Field of Hopes & Dreams from Deltarune Chapter 1

B2 - Hocus Pocus by Focus

(Hey @SilverMiner, what's the song you chose called? It's familiar to me but I'm not sure..)

Thanks a lot Uber, I really appreciate that!

This mod was heavily inspired by Duke in more ways than one :)

Awesome! I wanted to know about the tracks used, thanks. :D

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Hopefully this will be the last version, but you know how sneaky bugs can be!

I hope so too! I know that a few people are doing playthroughs at the moment and are not finished yet. So there might still be some feedback coming, especially for the latter part of the wad and the bonus maps.

On 10/31/2021 at 2:27 AM, Doomkid said:

The rocket launcher is replaced with a flamethrower! Those of you familiar with the Rowdy Rudy wads have probably been wanting to use that sweet flamethrower after being on the receiving end, and now you can! To put this beast's power into perspective, each flame does 3 times as much damage as a standard plasma ball. The only minor drawback is that it has a somewhat limited range of about 900 pixels.

The plasma rifle is replaced with the cell cannon. It fires explosive plasma balls very rapidly that are this mod's equivalent of rockets, but since it uses cell ammo, your maximum ammo is much higher, meaning you can blow away a whole lot more baddies.

In the game, these are swapped: slot 5 (rocket launcher thing 2003) is cell cannon and slot 6 (plasma gun thing 2004) is flamethrower. This should also be corrected in the mohawk2.txt file.

Currently on Map12, everything have been pretty sweet until now,

just a little HOM on map 11 (screenshot below).

Spoiler

KQj0VuH.jpg

Just finished this and had a blast.  The weapons are insane but I'm glad the levels ramp up the challenge to accommodate them.  Really good stuff, thanks for making this!

While watching Vile's stream, I noticed the CWILV for MAP17 had a small typo where it said "Poster By" instead of "Poster Boy".

I noticed that running out of ammo with the flamethrower doesn't switch to another weapon, it just keeps lowering and raising again. I believe this is because it's still checking for ammo in the fourth ammo pool despite using ammo from the third. This shouldn't be hard to fix if you wanted to but not a big deal.

Also, tutti-frutti on MAP13:

Spoiler

DOOM00.png.6105a405fe263a899552ba6b9b163596.png

Hey people, I just noticed this ugly glitch on Hardware render (on my map):

image.png.4ebcd98594b9179db147252b51035cba.png

I was able to fix that and also "a cheese" on the blursphere area that should not happen at all haha

I'm not sure if there will be another update, but here's the fixed map in case anyone want it: map16fix.rar

Edited by Noiser

Making another post because MAP15 just crashed from VPO in Choco. It's in a big central area where a lot of pain elementals are released. Don't have a screenshot handy for obvious reasons. Seems to be fairly consistent in at least one corner of the area.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot looking at the area where it happens if you stand facing the opposite direction. I think it's because of the far visplanes in the area before you jump off the ledge. Might be a good idea to make that ledge higher to prevent the VPO, or something.

Spoiler

Happens if you're standing over where I'm looking, facing where I'm standing now.

DOOM01.png.7047d3f13fdcd58b59737a96024fac64.png

EDIT 2: There's another VPO that happens in the area with the switch in this same location. I think it's still because of the staircase you jump off of to get to this open space -- so really the same problem.

Edited by maxmanium

12 hours ago, Xymph said:

In the game, these are swapped: slot 5 (rocket launcher thing 2003) is cell cannon and slot 6 (plasma gun thing 2004) is flamethrower. This should also be corrected in the mohawk2.txt file.

Good catch, thank you Xymph.

9 hours ago, Soulless said:

Currently on Map12, everything have been pretty sweet until now,

just a little HOM on map 11 (screenshot below).

Reveal hidden contents

Good eye! I’ll get that fixed up.

5 hours ago, Vile said:

Just finished this and had a blast.  The weapons are insane but I'm glad the levels ramp up the challenge to accommodate them.  Really good stuff, thanks for making this!

Really glad to hear you enjoyed it, Vile!

5 hours ago, Aurelius said:

While watching Vile's stream, I noticed the CWILV for MAP17 had a small typo where it said "Poster By" instead of "Poster Boy".

What a dumb fuck up on my part! How did I miss that. Will be fixed soon!

3 hours ago, maxmanium said:

I noticed that running out of ammo with the flamethrower doesn't switch to another weapon, it just keeps lowering and raising again. I believe this is because it's still checking for ammo in the fourth ammo pool despite using ammo from the third. This shouldn't be hard to fix if you wanted to but not a big deal.

Also, tutti-frutti on MAP13:

Reveal hidden contents

Hmm, I didn’t fix the flamethrower behaviour because I simply couldn’t work out how.. (also those crates will be fixed)

3 hours ago, Noiser said:

Hey people, I just noticed this ugly glitch on Hardware render (on my map):

image.png.4ebcd98594b9179db147252b51035cba.png

I was able to fix that and also "a cheese" on the blursphere area that should not happen at all haha

I'm not sure if there will be another update, but here's the fixed map in case anyone want it: map16fix.rar

Thank you Noiser! This is going right in with the other fixes.

2 hours ago, maxmanium said:

Making another post because MAP15 just crashed from VPO in Choco. It's in a big central area where a lot of pain elementals are released. Don't have a screenshot handy for obvious reasons. Seems to be fairly consistent in at least one corner of the area.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot looking at the area where it happens if you stand facing the opposite direction. I think it's because of the far visplanes in the area before you jump off the ledge. Might be a good idea to make that ledge higher to prevent the VPO, or something.

Reveal hidden contents

EDIT 2: There's another VPO that happens in the area with the switch in this same location. I think it's still because of the staircase you jump off of to get to this open space -- so really the same problem.

This map has VPOs from head to toe before I started editing it down.. So annoying that I still missed some after all that, but thank you very much for finding these - I’ll get them fixed up.

(One day, I’ll start a vanilla project and all the submissions will actually be vanilla compatible.. One day!)

32 minutes ago, Giant Jumbo Jellyfish said:

Are the missing Kills/Items/Secrets graphics intentional? Playing on Woof! 7.0.0.

doom02.png.224dee06774090643d5a33dd7c57a153.png

Good catch. This is a leftover from Ray 1 that I didn’t really think about. Definitely gonna get that fixed.

Thank you all so much for these reports.. Gonna have them all addressed with a 1.2 fix version soon. (Why did I type “final” in the thread - I was basically jinxing it from the start!)