Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyockell

The T3 movie

Hey who here on these forums are looking forward to the Terminator 3 movie hitting theaters on july 2nd???
Whats your thoughts on it do you think it will be good?

It has chances to turn out good, but it's more likely that it won't. I'll definitely see it though, whichever the case turns out to be.

I think it will indeed suck. I liked both the 1st and the 2nd when I saw them back in the day... but if I were to see them again, I bet I'd feel that the 2nd one sucks now...

I didn't like the trailer at all. It didn't have that same atmosphere Terminator and Terminator II had. Arnold seems to be losing shape. And about that 'She'll be back' part... Well, Sigh..

Disorder said:

Arnold seems to be losing shape. And about that 'She'll be back' part... Well, Sigh..

Well duh! :) He is well on the way to 60, after all.

NiGHTMARE said:

Well duh! :) He is well on the way to 60, after all.

I know, but that's why he should quit. Too many old Hollywoodactors try to stay in the picture while quitting would actually improve their ended careers. By taking new roles they just harm their own names instead of leaving them the way they were.

By the way, the idea of a female terminator sucks bigtime. The previous Terminator looked far more impressive and dangerous. This is just a Lara Croft-ripoff. How the hell is a foxy blond lady wearing a tight red leather suit scary?

and how is a small figure like that even if she is a machine deadly in hand to hand combat with a bigass machine like the t-800?

Tyockell said:

and how is a small figure like that even if she is a machine deadly in hand to hand combat with a bigass machine like the t-800?

Size does not always matter.

Well, I am a very large Terminator Fan. The Terminator is my favorite film of all time. Terminator 2 was GREAT! I watch it even today and I think it is still one of the greatest movies ever made. not better than the first movie mind you, but then, very few sequels ever surpass thier predecessors. My thoughts on Terminator 3. I thinik this movie should not be being made. So much doesn't make sense. Judgement Day was prevented in T2, thus, no Skynet, no more Terminators, right? T2 should have ended that series. Period. I also agree with the lara croft comment made earlier about the new Terminator, but if she plays the part well when the movie comes out, I'll forigve it completely. I also agree that this is losing the feel of the origonal films completely, but we shall see.

I will go see this movie on opening night, simply because I want to. I'm looking forward to seeing how they deal with the obstacle of the story ending in T2. Not so much looking forward, as opposed to interested in seeing how and why. Also. when I visited the T3 website, I looked at some of the pictures. There is one called 'A relic from the past points the way', and it is the same arm from the first Terminator, that we all know they threw into the steel to melt in the end of T2. There is no saving it. I want to know how that one gets explained as well.

I'm not expecting a lot out of this film, but in that respect I hope that it disappoints me and kicks ass. I think it would be a real damn shame to wreck something like The Terminator. Either way, I hope it is good, but I know very well it will not be near as good as the first 2 movies are.

maybe not with living organisums like a freaky lil 110 guy could punch a 300 pound guy in the troat or shin kick him in the face and knock out his teeth. But if your made out of steel why the hell would it care

MARTIAL ARTS MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Even in the case of machines, there is some weak spot where you can hit it. In fact, in some martial arts, you learn to use your own power to punch holes in much bigger, harder things. See if you can find somebody somewhere to demonstrate tameshiwari for you.

Ultraviolet said:

MARTIAL ARTS MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Even in the case of machines, there is some weak spot where you can hit it. In fact, in some martial arts, you learn to use your own power to punch holes in much bigger, harder things. See if you can find somebody somewhere to demonstrate tameshiwari for you.

I've taken several different martial arts and learned most of it is utter bullshit. Take a look at UFC matches. What wins is a combination of good old boxing, takedowns, and submissions. That's why wrestlers like Ken Shamrock have dominated fighting. The Gracie jujitsu did dominate for a while, but it has since been figured out and is no longer tops.

In any case, punching boards or larger objects doesn't mean anything next to a guy choking you out. A martial artist isn't going to punch a hole in a terminator, especially if that machine simply grabs his neck and crushes it. There isn't some mythical finger-waza to get a "judan" black belt out of that situation. That's why you don't see such crap used in UFC.

FirebrandX said:

I've taken several different martial arts and learned most of it is utter bullshit. Take a look at UFC matches. What wins is a combination of good old boxing, takedowns, and submissions. That's why wrestlers like Ken Shamrock have dominated fighting. The Gracie jujitsu did dominate for a while, but it has since been figured out and is no longer tops.

In any case, punching boards or larger objects doesn't mean anything next to a guy choking you out. A martial artist isn't going to punch a hole in a terminator, especially if that machine simply grabs his neck and crushes it. There isn't some mythical finger-waza to get a "judan" black belt out of that situation. That's why you don't see such crap used in UFC.

Come to my city so you can get your ass kicked by an 18 year old martial artist, me :) I agree that most of it is crap but I have been self sparring and sparring with a few of my friends for a long time who are trained in ju-jitsu. It has helped in events with stupid 16 year old punk highschool kids pissing me off and swinging at me resulting in a kick in the head or wrist lock all the way to guys in their 20's who are out for an easy kill downtown I guess which turns out they are on the recieving end of trips, kicks to the ribs and submission wrist locks and a few times, they're friends as well. Martial arts schools are mostly BS I agree but when an 18 year old 160 pound kid like me can take down a college football player it says something.

Tyockell said:

Hey who here on these forums are looking forward to the Terminator 3 movie hitting theaters on july 2nd???
Whats your thoughts on it do you think it will be good?

I'm certainly looking forward to it (now I know that it's actually been made) but one question - given what happened in the first two, where is the 3rd one going to be set?

(I always thought maybe in the future, chronicling the struggle to send Kyle back through time? Or Arnie's terminator from T2?)

Alientank said:

Come to my city so you can get your ass kicked by an 18 year old martial artist, me :) I agree that most of it is crap but I have been self sparring and sparring with a few of my friends for a long time who are trained in ju-jitsu. It has helped in events with stupid 16 year old punk highschool kids pissing me off and swinging at me resulting in a kick in the head or wrist lock all the way to guys in their 20's who are out for an easy kill downtown I guess which turns out they are on the recieving end of trips, kicks to the ribs and submission wrist locks and a few times, they're friends as well. Martial arts schools are mostly BS I agree but when an 18 year old 160 pound kid like me can take down a college football player it says something.

What trainging does a football player have in martial arts though?? all he does is throw his body into other people. only other thing most of em could probably do is knock off your head if they did a barnyard.

The whole martial arts is good and all but just knocken there teeth out and stompin them is good enough for me. Iv never had anyone use martial arts on me anyway they always resolve to brass knuckels or a steal toe boot.....thank god we dont have very many hand guns around here.

FirebrandX said:

damn man did you see the match vendetta holly shit i have never seen a person take so many hits in my fuckin life ken shamrock must be the toughest fuckin person on the planet!. Id have to admit though he would have one againts tito if he was able to stay on his feet hes got one fuckin crazy swing.

Yes, I'm looking forward to it, and will certainly watch it. Since T2 was one of the films that showed that sequels didn't have to suck, I see no reason for expecting T3 to be bad. The trailer? Well, I haven't seen it, but trailers are often crappy.

Regarding the martial arts discussion, I don't think smashing bricks and stuff is a major aspect of it. Mostly it is about unarmed human vs human combat of various types (and IIRC, karate was originally designed as a way for people on foot to fight against people on horseback). As such, you wouldn't expect martial arts to be very relevant when fighting non-humans.

Lost Soul said:

I'm not expecting a lot out of this film, but in that respect I hope that it disappoints me and kicks ass.

Uhhh.
So you want it to suck, but you really want it to disappoint you and be a great movie???
Have you placed a bet with someone about T3 ending up being a sucky movie or what?
:-P

Grazza said:

). As such, you wouldn't expect martial arts to be very relevant when fighting non-humans.

Exactly. A machine doesn't get knocked out by a punch (unless made by G.E. ;), so what has been tested against humans would have no effect against a terminator. Take a look at the previous Terminator movies and notice how well humans fared in fighting it. In part 1, he puts his fist through the stomach of one guy (who later became that alien in the X-Files series), then throws another guy 20 feet (who happens to be Bill Paxton). They even tried to stab him... Whoops, that's metal under there.

Explosives are the only chance in the above situations.

Regarding this "football player" who got whipped by a 160-pound kid: If the "football player" knew anything at all about fighting (and I don't mean black belt stuff), the kid would have ZERO chance. My brother, who is an experienced fighter himself says that he'll pick a well-trained boxer with combined wrestling knowledge over a martial artist any day of the week. I remember having him come to an Aikido class I was taking and had him square off in a boxing mode for the sensei. The sensei admitted that he would not want to take on an experienced boxer unless he absolutely had no choice.

What I'm trying to say is don't fool yourself about the common myths of martial arts. Big guys who know what they are doing will almost never lose to a smaller guy. No ammount of training and meditation will ever overcome this fact of life. It happens in all of nature for that matter.

*sigh*
I guess you don't get it. The point of martial arts is that you THINK about what you're doing instead of just punching shit. Relevance against machines: DESTROY THE OPTICAL SENSORS WITH YOUR THUMBS. :P Also: DON'T GET HIT. You've read the Theseus story, right? He took what the opponent did and turned it against him.

The whole point is that you learn to think about all the different ways you can approach a situation.

No, explosives are not the only solution. Think EMP. Think cutting the power. Think... uh... other stuff.

dsm said:

Uhhh.
So you want it to suck, but you really want it to disappoint you and be a great movie???
Have you placed a bet with someone about T3 ending up being a sucky movie or what?
:-P

Oh no. I want it to be good. But I find If I expect little of a film, it seems to dissappoint -that- expectation, and gives me a film I really enjoy. It happened for Resident Evil for me. I was expecting Mortal Kombat Anihllation quality, but I feel I got somthing much better. IMHO It was a great movie, and I hope T3 does the same. I walk in expecting crap, and walk out very satisfied instead. tthat's what I meant, my bad for poor wording.

Lost Soul said:

But I find If I expect little of a film, it seems to dissappoint -that- expectation, and gives me a film I really enjoy. It happened for Resident Evil for me. I was expecting Mortal Kombat Anihllation quality, but I feel I got somthing much better. IMHO It was a great movie, and I hope T3 does the same. I walk in expecting crap, and walk out very satisfied instead.

I'm hoping this holds true when I go to see the new Matrix movies.