Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tin Can

Another Generic Tech Base

Recommended Posts

I love it! Awesome music. I did rewind a bunch trying to make the first archvile infight then at the final fight too.

The first fight with the imps and former humans was very satisfying to mow down with the SSG.

There's a door (5:39 in the video) that only opens once, but I might have made a mistake somewhere.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Don't get yourself down, a 'proper map' is any map that works, is playable and is not a joke map.  This looks like it ticks all those boxes.

 

Nice stuff!

Share this post


Link to post

This looks really good! Good job. Cleverly designed fights, good texture work. Keep it up!

Share this post


Link to post

Good map

 

But I did fin one major but easy to fix issue : the switch to exit the yellow key room is single use only and the door will close down after some time, let's say a player (ie me) decided to check for secrets after using the switch.. well you end up stuck in the room forever.

Instead of 29 S1 Door open wait close, use 63 SR Door open wait close, making the action repeatable, or 103 S1 Door open stay making the door stay open.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/31/2021 at 8:28 PM, DuckReconMajor said:

I love it! Awesome music. I did rewind a bunch trying to make the first archvile infight then at the final fight too.

The first fight with the imps and former humans was very satisfying to mow down with the SSG.

There's a door (5:39 in the video) that only opens once, but I might have made a mistake somewhere.

 

 

Oof! My bad. Sorry. I will fix it. But thank you for playing! ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Gibbon said:

Don't get yourself down, a 'proper map' is any map that works, is playable and is not a joke map.  This looks like it ticks all those boxes.

 

Nice stuff!

Thanks! ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Delisk said:

Good map

 

But I did fin one major but easy to fix issue : the switch to exit the yellow key room is single use only and the door will close down after some time, let's say a player (ie me) decided to check for secrets after using the switch.. well you end up stuck in the room forever.

Instead of 29 S1 Door open wait close, use 63 SR Door open wait close, making the action repeatable, or 103 S1 Door open stay making the door stay open.

Thank you! Will fix it in no time. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Clippy said:

Sweet tough little map full of great fun surprises - ya got me a whole bunch of times - @Biodegradable joined in for the fun!

 

 

Thank you for playing. It means a lot. (◕ᴗ◕✿)

Share this post


Link to post

By the way, is there anyway I can replace the file on the archive or should i just re-upload it?  I have fixed the big issues with the map but I don't know how to update the file on the archive. Any help would be much appriciated!

Share this post


Link to post

The visual detail is very nice, this looks like a lot of fun. I'll give it a go tomorrow, and I'd love to give you some feedback.

Share this post


Link to post

Already mentioned above but the switch for the exit door in the yellow key room is single use meaning you can get stuck in there. Otherwise it was a fun romp. I especially enjoyed the outside red key area.

Share this post


Link to post

I got what I expected:

A tight, short techbase, with some setpieces, an eye for minor details and a neat difficulty curve.

Bonus points for non-linear design.

Share this post


Link to post

Good enemy placement & loved the use of textures in the outside are. Like mentioned before the door locks. But overall great level.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×