Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

Looking for Alternate Weapon/Monster Sprites

Hello guys, I am looking for alternat weapon and monster sprites for my new TNT3. The enemies should be altered versions of the original monsters or monsters which look doomish. Same to the maps. From where can I get something like this? Some WADs which creators I could ask for? Other resources?

Well, I made two new doom-style weapons for my project Inferno: The second Coming. Maybe I can whip something up later.

Yeah, I need monster sprites for a level I'm working on. I still can't find anyone who has/can make a monster that looks Doomish and is in league with the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind. =/

I keep starting to make new monsters, but can never be bothered to complete all the necessary sprites. If I ever get around to finishing any of them, I'll be perfectly happy to let anyone use them :)

Here's a few few that I've started. Most of them have only got two frames done at the most.

Wow, this is very amazing work :) Are some of them completely finished? When will they be?

Are you also going to redo some of the demons?

Well, today I tried to create weapons on my own but I think my patience runs always out of ammo if I start doing something like this. The only thing I can do very good is to change special parts of monster's colors :P

NiGHTMARE said:

Here's a few few that I've started. Most of them have only got two frames done at the most.

I keep getting a 404 with that. Tried clicking, right clicking, copying and pasting and 2 different ISPs over 1 hour apart.

Ichor said:

Then try this. It was just missing an 'l' at the end.

Doh! and I thought I'd tried that. Seeing all those former human based enemies makes me think it would be interesting to have a map, or mini project totally populated by former humans. I don't just mean like a marines dehacked patch or something, I mean a proper, full range of enemies, each with their own characteristics and weapons, sensibly placed in custom designed levels kind of mod.

Oh well, with only a couple of frames for each sprite, I don't suppose that'll happen. At least not quickly.

@Enjay - How have you done this frozen Demon in your "freeze" wad (the one with the "ettin sprites")? I mean, just the frozen sprite. Do you have a speziel filter for something like this?!

Tormentor667 said:

@Enjay - How have you done this frozen Demon in your "freeze" wad (the one with the "ettin sprites")? I mean, just the frozen sprite. Do you have a speziel filter for something like this?!

Nope, nothing special. I just used Paint Shop Pro to greyscale one of the demon frames, loaded in the doom palette and added a couple of minor details myself. A grand total of about 3 minutes work - nuthin' fancy.

OK, a quicker method.

Export all your graphics. Create a greyscale palette. Edit one of the greys to be the same as the background colour your particular Doom graphic tool uses (usually Cyan or Magenta). Load the palette into the graphics using nearest colour matching. Voila, after about 5 minutes you'll have a full set of demon graphics with the main bodies of the demon greyscaled, but the background colour preserved for quick importing into a wad.

You can load a palette in pretty quickly to a set of graphics by selecting all the files in the PSP browser, hitting enter to open them all, pressing Shift-O to bring up the palette open dialogue, picking the palette required, closing the file and clicking yes to save it. The next graphic will be sitting there waiting for you to do the same. Sounds a little complex, but once you get into a rhythm you get quick at it. Of course, nowadays I use Image Robot (by JASC - the PSP people) which can be used to automate any series of tasks that PSP can do. Unfortunately the SW version is quite limited, and the full version has quite a high price tag. With a couple of clicks, you can set up a macro to change hundreds of graphics in a few seconds.

If you just need some grey demon graphics in a wad, I can do that for you, and leave you to colour in the eyes or whatever else you fancy. In fact, if you want things like the eyes and other details kept the same as the original, or even have their colour changed, I can probably do that pretty quickly too. Let me know (e-mail probably better than continuing here).

Well, unfortunately I don't have PSP BUT I have Adobe Photoshop. Is there a possibility to do this with APS also?! These macros?!

If you don't know, who else could I ask?! I think the macrothing is the best way for me to change the sprites in just the way I want them to be!

Shaviro said:

Enjay? Please come on IRC! (I will delete this post when you do)

Had a virus (computer - not me) a few weeks ago and took the opportunity to format and start again. Been meaning to do it for a while anyway. mIRC is one of the things I haven't got round to putting back on yet. In fact I wasn't going to bother. I think I used it for a speedmapping event some time ago and that was about it.

If there's a need. I'll put it back on, but this week is gonna be busy for me, so not much time to be chatting anyway. :-( I just manage to grab 30 minutes every now and again to check the forums these days. Christmas holiday - had loads of time. Now I'm back at work, it's all gone hectic again. Damn that Real Life (TM) thing.

Heh.. :) BTW, I plan on making a few more too.

Oh, Steve, what'd you think of 'em?

I keep wanting to make a new monster for doom.. hmmm...

If I did I'd prolly render in 3d then shift it around and render sprites... much easier that way... and no perspective problems.

Tormentor667 said:

Err... I still NEED monsters... creating them on my own is a ultimate time-consuming work :(

As you've discovered, enemy sprites are the most time-consuming because of all the frames that must be drawn. Even cutting and pasting from other graphics is a huge pain, because of the number of times it must be done and because you need to tweak each frame so that the animation appears smooth. The work that you've done so far looks great. Good luck.

Tormentor667 said:

Scuba, do you still create weapons for doom? Because I would like to see some more futuristic doom style weapons in your archiv :(

PM me what you want, and I'll give it a try. I'm still experimenting, so kinda expect the same quality as the ITSCweap.