Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wolfmcbeard

DeadTech Community Project (BV2 update!)

Hot damn it's finally out! This is an absolutely gorgeous mapset with gameplay to match. So cool to see this out in public. This is a must play.

YES! So excited to see this released- working with the Doom 64 assets was a great learning experience and I had a lot of fun working outside of my comfort zone with this set.

Congrats on the release! I'm really glad to see this finally out, been eyeing this project for a while. Can't wait to try this!

*cries in backlog*

1 hour ago, Jark said:

Congratulations on the release folks, quite a product to ship!

Thanks for helping point the direction of this project from very early on!

I admit, it took me a moment to realize that this mapset is for vanilla Doom and not Doom 64: Retribution. 

Anyway, good to see reworked sprites. I have not gotten very far, but MAP02 makes me wish this mapset could feature a flashlight!

2 hours ago, kaleb. said:

Am I supposed to be getting stuck on these things? lol

Reveal hidden contents

Well that's new, I haven't even encountered that, nor do I think anyone else has till now.
I currently have a list of thing to look into and this will certainly be going on there.
Thank you for pointing this out to us.

Wait a minute, is the Unmaker bound to a key?

I have just noticed that you can get it by telefragging the Cyberdemon in MAP01, but I cannot find the key to select the weapon again.

25 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Wait a minute, is the Unmaker bound to a key?

I have just noticed that you can get it by telefragging the Cyberdemon in MAP01, but I cannot find the key to select the weapon again.

Indeed, bound to 8.

Here is the full bind list...
Player.WeaponSlot 1, 64Fist, 64Chainsaw
Player.WeaponSlot 2, 64Pistol
Player.WeaponSlot 3, 64Shotgun, 64SuperShotgun
Player.WeaponSlot 4, 64Chaingun
Player.WeaponSlot 5, 64RocketLauncher
Player.WeaponSlot 6, 64PlasmaGun
Player.WeaponSlot 7, 64BFG9000
Player.WeaponSlot 8, 64Unmaker

@wolfmcbeard Tried again: I get the Unmaker that the Cyberdemon drops, the weapon gets raised, but immediately gets lowered when I try to shoot with it and I cannot select it again. I assume it uses the "Corrupted Matter" the Demons drop as ammo, but even then, I just cannot seem to be able to use the weapon in MAP01.

Is this on purpose?

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

@wolfmcbeard Tried again: I get the Unmaker that the Cyberdemon drops, the weapon gets raised, but immediately gets lowered when I try to shoot with it and I cannot select it again. I assume it uses the "Corrupted Matter" the Demons drop as ammo, but even then, I just cannot seem to be able to use the weapon in MAP01.

Is this on purpose?

Not sure, it will be added to the list, I know the unmaker was working at least.
I will consult with @Immorpher further on the issue.

Here's part 1 of my playthrough. So far, really strong first impression. I adore the lighting, the new animations on the 64 weapons are superb and MAN I was not expecting the first map to be so goddamn mean. @Aquila Chrysaetos was that your doing? Feels like the kind of thing you'd do, young lady. If not? Whoever made that map: You're a bastard ;^P lmao. A moody and malevolent start for sure. Also, what does Corrupted Matter do?