Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoReason

NoSp3 (MBF21, 32 maps) IDGAMES

4 hours ago, NoReason said:

secret maps are accessed from 13 rather than 15. Why? Because I can now with the power of UMAPINFO.

Man after my own heart.

Spoiler

Is the final fight in map 23 an intentional reference to gggmork's "feckyoo"?  I really like your take on it =)

Great release =)  Looking forward to playing through all maps properly

2 hours ago, siege cunt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is the final fight in map 23 an intentional reference to gggmork's "feckyoo"?  I really like your take on it =)

Great release =)  Looking forward to playing through all maps properly

Glad you like the wad! Sadly it isn't an intentional reference, but it certainly does seem like it could be. I will say that I have admired people like gggmork and ToD for always making weird, yet interesting setups. So, maybe on some subconscious level I was inspired by that.

Also, for anyone wondering (and since I forgot to put this in the OP), the plasma gun deals double damage, so if you think you're imagining that it is stronger, you aren't.

First map for TAS from nosp3.wad played with -complevel 21MBF, because only dsda-doom source port understand this wad for recording tas demos not prboom-plus.                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Fun slaughter cube.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Environment of darkness every rooms you have challenge massacre.                                                                                                                               

2 hours ago, Doom4fun said:

How can I reach the switch in MAP30 that lowers floor with tag 43? It is behind teleporting line.

That used to be a forced linedef skip, but I've recently updated it so that the player can go around the teleporter. You can download the updated version from the OP.

Speaking of updates, it will be on idgames soonish, but first I've been buffing most of the maps and removing health from them since the general consensus is that the wad is fairly easy. A wad being easy isn't really a problem, but the only reason I put so much health and armor is I wasn't sure how rough the new monsters and some setups would be in some cases, so I'd like to balance it a little bit more.

For what it's worth I've enjoyed the difficulty level of the maps I've played, so if you don't have any other plans for implementing skill levels, it might be nice to leave the extra health in the non-UV skill levels.

2 hours ago, Shepardus said:

For what it's worth I've enjoyed the difficulty level of the maps I've played, so if you don't have any other plans for implementing skill levels, it might be nice to leave the extra health in the non-UV skill levels.

Not a bad idea, I might as well at this point if I'm going through the effort of buffing the maps. Will probably make HMP the "original" versions of the maps.

21 hours ago, NoReason said:

That used to be a forced linedef skip

It would be actually interesting to learn about it.  could you tell in few words what it is and what triggers it?  Is it TAS only trick? Can it be performed in zdoom too?

Two round sectors resembless balls.                                                                                                                                                                                

Idgames link is now up, I'd recommend downloading that for anyone who wants to play, just to be sure you're up to date.

Hell slaughter singularity.Took fast rocket launcher you have glory fun.                                                                                                                               

Slaughter frozen stronghold.                                                                                                                                                                                           

Glory ice stronghold.                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Epic abyss of abandon.                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Easy battle.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Slaughter magic square noisy stuff.