Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Say my name

I've seen some usernames here on the DW forums that are pretty...interesting. Talk about the meaning of your username and it's roots. Mine was just a cheap way to use the '@' symbol. Heh.

Mine was from a band called Vision of Disorder. That name was too lang for every forum I've tried it on, so I had to cut a piece off. Hence, Disorder. Plus, I sell dogs to Chinese restaurants so I think the nick suits the person.

Mine came from a boss of secrect of mana, he was the right hand man of Thanatos I think. He transformed in a giant carnivor-like plant.
And it does NOT come from the stupid Darkstalker's videogames.

Since i bleached my hair, people think i look like James Marsters (Spike/William the Bloody) from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'. Hell, kids in shops and on the bus have asked me if i actually am.

Somewhat funny.

I came up with a short (short so that it was easy to type), well-sounding name (to my own ears that is - I couldn't care less about what everyone else thinks on this matter) abbreviation that was doom related.

'dsm' is short for 'doomed space marine'.

Mine is just from my name T being the beginning of my first name Tristan and Yockell my last name.

Lord Dimwit Flathead the Excessive, the great-great-great-great-grandson of King Duncanthrax, ruled the Great Underground Empire from 770 GUE to 789 GUE. He was the seventh king of the Flathead Dynasty, coming to the throne after Mumberthrax, and before Loowit. Born in 723 GUE, Dimwit was Mumberthrax's firstborn, and grew up as heir to the throne of Quendor. A tad spoiled, little Dimwit was fond of torturing his nannies in the Egreth Castle dungeon.

Dimwit spent most of his early adulthood vacationing (with 40,000 attendants) in the sparsely populated Eastlands across the Great Sea. Dimwit despised the outdoors, and he was petrified of rain, which puddled embarrassingly on his level pate. He soon became enthralled by the underground caverns in those areas, an interest that was to change the course of the Kingdom.

When Mumberthrax felt death's icy hand in 770 GUE, Dimwit began his reign. Described by Boswell Barwell as "vibrant," Dimwit has also been portrayed as "the single worst ruler the Empire ever produced." (The Great Underground Empire: A History, by Froboz Mumbar) Dimwit moved the capital of Quendor from Egreth in the Westlands to Aragain in the Eastlands on 14 Jam 771. Aragain, a small village, was transformed and renamed Flatheadia. Another indication of Dimwit's vanity was his renaming of the Great Sea to the Flathead Ocean. Dimwit also decreed that Quendor be called "The Great Underground Empire." These names are now used interchangeably.

Lord Dimwit's vanity was surpassed only by his outrageous sense of proportion. For example, his coronation took 13 years to plan (and therefore took place two-thirds of the way through his reign), lasted an additional year and a half, and cost 12 times the Empire's GNP. This incredible ceremony quickly earned him the nickname Lord Dimwit Flathead the Excessive. More evidence of his excessiveness came in 783 when, on a whim, he ordered the erection of Flood Control Dam #3, an underground project whose uselessness (it never rains underground!) and its cost (37 million zorkmids!) did not diminish its magnificence. He also had huge granola smelters built near the Antharian Granola Mines of Plumbat.

Dimwit also developed an incredible urge for odd candies. He commissioned the Frobozz Magic Candy Company to make him candied grasshoppers, chocolate ants, and worms glacee. His love for these was only surpassed by his desire for rare chocolate truffles. In order to indulge his bottomless appetite, he ordered the excavation of entire forests where the truffles grew. Another of Lord Dimwit's accomplishments was the creation of the Royal Museum to house the crown jewels. Built in 776 GUE and dedicated the next year, this Museum had incredibly tight security that actually showed restraint on the part of the king. He had originally planned to build the museum under two miles of mountain, and surround it with 500 feet of steel. This rare moment of self-control was probably due in some part to the sound advice of one of his chief advisors, Lord Feepness. His other advisor, Delbor of Gurth, was probably too frightened to give his opinion in the matter.

Some bitter chroniclers have described Dimwit's castle at Flatheadia as his biggest folly. It covered 8600 square bloits, and housed, at one time, over 90% of the empire's population. At this point, discerning readers will have noted that all of Dimwit's acts seemed to have been to gratify his ego. This, however, is not true. When the Endless Fire of 773 destroyed the city of Mareilon, Lord Dimwit Flathead issued over the following few weeks a series of 5,521 edicts severely limiting access to magic, and, incidentally, lawyers. These edicts resulted in the blossoming of the highly successful institutions of the Guilds of Enchanters.

Lord Dimwit gave all of his underground projects to the Frobozz Magic Cave Company, chiefly because his brother, John D. Flathead, was President of FrobozzCo International, the Magic Cave Company's parent company. Another of Dimwit's projects that involved the Cave Company was his plan to quench and then hollow out a mighty volcano near Flatheadia. Dimwit was fond of this idea, and personally reviewed the plans at each stage.

After the volcano project was finished, the king conceived of two more stupendous projects. The second idea, never to be realized, was the creation of a new continent in the center of the Flathead Ocean. The outline and contours of the new continent would have been a gigantic reproduction of his own visage. Fortunately for mapmakers, Dimwit passed away in 789 before he could accomplish his final goal. Not surprisingly, his vanity would bring about the end of his Empire, and his life.

In 789 Dimwit ordered the defoliation of 1400 square bloits of lush forest in the Fublio Valley to erect a nine-bloit-high statue of himself, lending credence to the Royal motto, "A truly great ruler is larger than life." One resident of Fublio Valley was not impressed. The matter came to a head at a banquet thrown by Dimwit to celebrate his new statue. This banquet, a minor affair that used 300 dragons to feed a few thousand guests, saw the conception of the last two royal proposals of Dimwit's reign. Wishing to have a dedication for his statue, he suggested giving everyone in the Kingdom a year off, and inviting them to Fublio Valley. The second main topic of discussion at the banquet was Dimwit's idea for a new continent. The empire simply did not have enough money to build it, and Lord Feepness, the voice of sanity in the realm, pointed out that raising the tax rate from 98% to 100% simply would not be a wise political move. Lord Dimwit, never satisfied, proposed adopting everyone in the Kingdom and telling them that he'd cut off their allowances.

Just at that moment, the great mage Megaboz appeared amidst a cloud of smoke. Furious at the statue darkening his home of Fublio Valley, he cursed Dimwit's life, family, and Empire. In only a few moments, Lord Dimwit and his eleven siblings came to a sudden death, thus ending one of the most colorful chapters in the history of Quendor. The court magicians were able to postpone the other effects of Megaboz's Curse for quite some time. Ninety-four years later, on 14 Mumberbur 883, in the reign of Wurb Flathead, the Empire came to an end. Flatheadia was destroyed, and the age of the Flathead Dynasty was over.

-- Encyclopedia Frobozzica

well, DOOM Anomaly isnt just a flashy alias I use to get people mady-mad at me...

the DOOM part of DOOM Anomaly is there cuz well, I play Doom, Alot, and I have for 8+ years, and quite frankly, I've decided to have no social life by playing Doom for all these years, so I gotta have the least bit of allowance to have Doom in my alias.

The Anomaly part of DOOM Anomaly is because, I am an anomaly compared to other people, everyone thinks Im weird and shuns me because of it, I am rejected from most activities cuz I choose to be myself, and play Doom all day. My 'friends', teachers, parents, everyone, says im weird, so i therefore call myself, an Anomaly....DOOM Anomaly...Cuz Im an Anomaly of Doom, maybe not THE Anomaly of Doom, but Im named it so, ya.

The reason I use Anomaly instead of werido or stuff, it cuz I use big words like Anomaly, and it confuses most people, and the Level Phobos Anomaly, I always loved that level, and I wanted a part of it to be with me, that and I always admired the word, "Anomaly".

Ohhh, Teh majik of copy+paste :D

Darkstalker said:

And it does NOT come from the stupid Darkstalker's videogames.

NOT a stupid game, a masterful 2d fighting experience...not to mention decent animes.

Derived from my old nick, BigBadGangsta, which I realized was quite stupid, so, I changed it to what everyone called me anyway.

I think "TeamKill" is pretty explanitory. My old nick, "Ike654", used to be my AOL SN. "Ike" is kind of a self-given nickname, which no one calls be by anymore :-(

"Tsutomo654" (my AIM name) is because I can somehow connect with Tsutomo, one of the two (er...one?) main characters from an anime called "Birdy The Mighty" (if you haven't seen this, check it out...hilarous!).

"654" because in the old GamePro chat room on AOL I used to say things like "If you [like something, want to talk, ect] type 654". Just for easy of typing, really.

1. The Ultimate DooM + er

2. Before I joined DW, I thought I was just that, as at the time I knew no-one else who had the DooM playing and editing skills I have.

3. There weren't enough character spaces to put 'The' at the front of my username.

My name is based on a character I made up called Lizardcommando(c). He's a total opposite of the real life me basically: strong, courageous, and can kill anyone with any weapon! >:)

It was orion at first, however that was often already taken so I had to bring some originality into it. Thus OrioN-X-NaVaS was born, and it lasted for a year or two, however that often passed the character length limit and was capsed to hell. Thus nxn was born, and here I am

MoRoSe MoOoSe =P

[QUOTE]Lord FlatHead said:
Lord FlatHead's post [quote]
ah, a fellow zork-er. greetings. i was beginning to think i was the only one who played the zork games anymore.

monochrome is the name of my band. i heard the word used in the new order song 'slow jam' and was hooked.

i would've used johnatone, but that personality is a happier side of me and i hate him for existing in me so i don't associate with him anymore.

when I wanted to find a new nickname, I searched for doom on google and found something called "doom patrols" written by Tom Shaviro.

meh, I like korn, and I am signed up for several other forums, so I didn't really bother thinking up a name that was even half assed. I also didn't think of using one of my other ones, namely chopkinsca or 5157007296

Lament for my cock
Sore and crucified
I seek to know you.
Acquiring soulful wisdom,
You can open walls of mystery,
Stripshow.

How to acquire death in the morning show.
TV death which the child absorbs
Deathwell mystery which makes me write
Slow train, the death of my cock gives life.

Forgive the poor old people who gave us entry
Taught us god in the child's prayer in the night.
Guitar player,
Ancient wise satyr,
Sing your ode to my cock.

Caress its lament,
Stiffen and guide us, we frozen.
Lost cells,
The knowledge of cancer,
To speak to the heart
And give the great gift:
Words
Power
Trance

This stable friend and the beasts of his zoo,
Wild haired chicks,
Women flowery in their summit,
Monsters of skin.
Each color connects to create the boat which rocks the race.
Could any hell be more horrible than now and real?

I pressed her thigh and death smiled.

Death, old friend,
Death and my cock are the world.
I can forgive my injuries in the name of
Wisdom
Luxury
Romance

Sentence upon sentence
Words are healing lament
For the death of my cock's spirit
Has no meaning in the soft fire.
Words got me the wound and will get me well,
If you believe it.

All join now and lament for the death of my cock
A tongue of knowledge in the feathered night.
Boys get crazy in the head and suffer,
I sacrifice my cock on the altar of silence.

Came up with Rellik a long time ago as a name to put on my paintball jersey. Nothin' too brainy, it's just killer spelled backwards. Heh, I'm not intelligent enough to come up with something that's actually cool.

I WILL NEVER TELL, THAT´S A SECRET WHICH I´M GONNA TAKE WITH ME TO MY GRAVE!!! :p

hmmmmmm, OK, I´ll reveal the truth: it´s just a variation on the name Cacodemon, I just thought it´d be a stupid username. Just that! ;)

Well, thinking better, I wonder what Cacodemons dream of when they´re asleep???

Well, thinking better, I wonder what Cacodemons dream of when they´re asleep???

Do cacodemons dream of electric marines?