Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

Wormwood ]|[ - The Horror (boom comp Halloween maps by Ribbiks and Me)

On 11/5/2021 at 10:59 AM, Firedust said:

Is Ribbiks doing okay? It's been over a year since he last logged on :(

"tell them i've been kidnapped by a lunatic who has me strapped to a chair in a basement, forced to make boom wads for the rest of my life" - Ribbiks

1 hour ago, Andromeda said:

Offtopic, but I wonder why Ribbiks stopped uploading wads to /idgames after sd20x7.

That is odd. How did his wads get onto dsda? I thought only wads on /idgames could get approved for dsda. Maybe I missed something

i'm dying to see a demo/vid of the "optional" platforming in map03. the rest of the map is great fun AND i like doom platforming, i'm just not sure what technique is necessary here. do i move one spoke at a time? or am i supposed to sr50 and handbrake drift around the thing in one movement?

i somehow cannot get an exit on @Grain of Salt's map without save abuse. it's like this one targets all of my weak points exactly. really good stuff.

14 hours ago, msx2plus said:

i'm dying to see a demo/vid of the "optional" platforming in map03. the rest of the map is great fun AND i like doom platforming, i'm just not sure what technique is necessary here. do i move one spoke at a time? or am i supposed to sr50 and handbrake drift around the thing in one movement?

I watched your stream of map03 and when you started trying to do it in one movement I was like "nooo" :3

Idk if I could do this platforming bit without saves (I think its okay to save on each platform if you're doing a hard platforming bit for the first time), but I can provide some advice:

Spoiler

- Yeah it's definitely not one movement, it's spoke-by-spoke.

- HOWEVER, one of the spokes is (i'm pretty sure) a red herring, and if you stop on it you won't be able to get to the next one. On that spoke iirc you either don't stop on it (keep going and use the momentum to get to the next one) or you can sneakily get to a different spoke to the one that looks like the next one.

- If you use judicious saves, weigh up all your options on each spoke, and just use space sensibly for straferunning, I'm pretty sure you can do it!!

I think if/when someone maxes this map, they'll probably take a couple of attempts to do that platforming... unless they're part of that new crowd of ridiculously good players who d2all ribbiks wads for fun, one of them could probably do it first try

i somehow cannot get an exit on Grain of Salt's map without save abuse. it's like this one targets all of my weak points exactly. really good stuff.

One thing about map02 is: you can nearly always just leave an area if you want. If it sucks, hit da bricks :D

On 12/1/2021 at 8:48 AM, Grain of Salt said:
  Hide contents

- HOWEVER, one of the spokes is (i'm pretty sure) a red herring, and if you stop on it you won't be able to get to the next one.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good stuff! Never played wormwood before and I was already liking this one. I really love the additional elements(except for the absolutely obnoxious turrets that are placed on tiny ledges of course) But where are the bouncy walls?