Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Searcher

Need Help finding TVR

Need help finding the following. Anyone know of a link?

This review from:
http://thefish.8m.com/feat/Top10_01.htm

Thomas van der Velden's Revolution!

TVR! wad was definately the most underrated wad of 2001. Hell, I didn't even hear of it until 2002. Lucky for me I read a review on Metabolist's website about this 32 level wad. It's amazing what the quality of these levels are when you consider it was a one man project. It's got a simple design architecture/detailing feel - people looking for todays standards of detail would be disappointed. Nothing amazing, but it works. The levels are spaciously designed and the difficulty is medium to easy for most doom veterans. It makes these levels ideal for recording demos.

Please post a link, I would love to get this.

It was uploaded to /incoming about the same time as Underworld episode 1 (so I was getting ready to play and review it for newstuff 111) but it got moved to /holding and I think it's been there since.

Thanks Opulent,
I did find the link on your TVR demos page.

I guess, according to the site, there will be a sequel to TVR called Harmony due in late Feb 2003. No doubt it too will be a nice map set.

An awesome megawad, it's inspiring, for I am working on two one-man megawads. Great work for sure!

Ultimate DooMer said:

It sounds a lot like my megawad in some ways (one-man made, low profile, underrated, realistic but not hugely detailed, fun to play).
Time to download and find out...

In construction and lack of hype, there are definite similarities, but I think TVR and Fragport are in fact very different wads. TVR does have quite a lot of detail, and a lot of time was obviously spent on making it visually striking. The gameplay focus is more on fun than challenge, though UV -fast is no pushover on most of the maps.

BTW, do you have any idea why it has been in "holding" for so long? Does this suggest they are considering rejecting it, or just a delay in looking at it?

I hope it was uploaded by TvdV or done with his approval.
hate to think such a work of art was abused by a fan.

I urged him to upload it a couple of months ago, so maybe this (or similar suggestions by other people) encouraged him to upload it himself. I'm DLing it now to compare with the original. EDIT: The wad is unchanged, and the text file has been updated slightly, so all looks well.

BTW, does anyone have any idea who it is that has been uploading files without the authors' permission?

I wasn't saying it was done without kind intentions, but anything on the archive is basically SOLD to them for nothing. It is their property (besides executable releases and other GPL-type associations -- I'm talking pwads here).
not that anyone could exploit DOOM anything for money in 2003... and for that reason I guess it doesn't matter what is uploaded.

Opulent said:

...anything on the archive is basically SOLD to them for nothing. It is their property...

Hmm. Assuming that is true (i.e. that the process of uploading involves an assignation of rights), then those rights can only be assigned by the person who owns them (i.e. the creator). An assignation of rights by anyone else is meaningless.

(Sorry for the publisher-speak! Essentially, anything you create is your copyright {with certain exceptions} unless you specifically assign the copyright to someone else.)

I don't think it's like Opulent implies... that seems more like it used to be when the archive was on cdrom.com, when they sold CDs with the stuff to customers. It's not like that anymore, and their "copyright" notice says they consider the authors to hold copyrights over their works:

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/README.legal
http://www.3dgamers.com/about/copyright.html

Bear in mind that if your wad's TXT file contains "You MAY distribute this mod, provided you include this file, with no modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file intact." then people can pretty much upload it wherever they want to.