Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Bear

PUSS XIII: TH1RT3EN (Ultimate Doom, CL-9) (Now on idgames!)

8 minutes ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

I would like to nominate this wad for the Cacoward for 'Most Edgy Map Titles'. Also: I hadn't yet realized your cubs had made another PUSS map @Death Bear. Heck Yeah!

Haha! For real, though. 
And yeah, I'm proud of them for working together on it. I didn't do a whole lot to it, besides teach them how to voodoo doll haha

1 hour ago, Death Bear said:

E4M2 - Pandemonium of Sewered Bloody Carcasses of Damned Souls – WalterC

Wow. So I don't have the longest map name in the megawad XD

Finished testing Episode 4, check it out over here. Please add difficulty levels folks :)

@Jacek Bourne please, no obligatory two-shot Cyberdemon at the start of your map. It's just a middle finger to the player right now: 'lol git gut n00b or you can't play my map'. Probably only 10% of players are going to be able to two-shot so I wouldn't do this. And don't forget that over half of the players who will ever play this mapset will not necessarily know the cheat codes to skip to the next map, so the work by all the mappers after you will go unseen by many players. Also: the map doesn't look Hellish to me at all. The whole thing feels like it caters to a very tiny part of the Doom community and I think that is not the best thing for this megawad. It's a cool map but this is a community project about Hell, not a closed project for very difficult slaughter maps that is targeting Sunder enthusiasts.

And I also tested Episode 5, check it out over here. Please add difficulty levels folks :)

Wow, over 12 hours of testing all the maps. This megawad was great! I enjoyed it immensely. I have some real favourites: maps by @notTyrone, @muumi, @finnks13, @Danlex and @Pierrot come to mind. There were also some maps that I both loved and hated at the same time like those by @Steve88 and @BoxY, really amazing stuff! Happily surprised by your last map in the set @Walter confetti, that map is just a perfect little jem. Many other weird or perfect little or bigger maps by mappers like @Yumheart, Heich and @Matacrat. Amazing work getting all of this together @Death Bear and a big thanks to all the others that have been working hard on it behind the scenes! Looking forward to future PUSS projects and hoping to see all these mappers (yes, really all of them) return to make many more cool things!

Please have a look at my playthrough. Even if you don't agree with any of my comments: I might have found some practical stuff like misalignments, floors that should be damaging but are not etc.. And if possible: approach another tester to also have a look at your map, just to get some more input to make your map even better!

I'll be adding in these at some point this week and updating the beta. I highly suggest y'all take to heart some of the advice. I don't imagine it'll be much longer before RC1 at this point, so get your updates in ASAP, if you plan to do so. 

TH1RT3EN: The Final Beta has been added to the OP.
I will be updating this to RC1 in ~2 weeks (Weekend of Feb. 18).
Changelog: - Updated Maps:

Spoiler

Misery v2, TH1RT3EN v4, Absence v2, Impaled v4, Cocytus v3, Gates of Chaos v1.3, Under the Flesh v2, Cliff v2, Valley v2, CRIMSON v2, Abstraction v2, Flesh Citadels v2, Dead God v3, Howling v2, Chilling v2, Of Blood, Dwelling, All Death Bear Maps

-Several Maps had sky transfers added to them.
- Many of these updates reflect difficulty levels added, and some have had COOP considerations added. As this was not a requirement, it varies.
- All Secret Exits are accessible now.
- UMAPINFO updated, courtesy of finnks13 and myself.
- All SWITCHES should work now. (Thanks Pierrot).

Still needed updating:

Spoiler

- Some ENDTEXT needs to be centered.
- Exit Wound will be updated to reflect Playtesters and Special Thanks.

Link has been replaced with an updated version of the following:
- E2M9 has new sky transfer
- MAPINFO fixed, resetting inventory between some levels
- CRIMSON FORTRESS OF PAIN v3 Updated

E3M6 - Darkness of the Soul – @Death Bear

E3M7 - Abstraction of Torment – @finnks13

E3M8 - Cocytus – @Peccatum Mihzamiz

E4M1 - Eighth Lock – @myolden

E4M2 - Pandemonium of Sewered Bloody Carcasses of Damned Souls – @Walter confetti

E4M3 - Den of Iniquity – @Death Bear
E4M9 - Flesh Citadels of the Unholy Legion – @muumi

E4M4 - Nihilistic Purgatorial Perditiousification – @NeilJohnRips

E4M5 - Profanation of a Dead God – @Awall

E4M6 - Realm of Chthonic Haematology – @BoxY

E4M7 - Of Blood and Stone – @Jacek Bourne

E4M8 - Infernal Agony – @El Inferno

Raising this thread from the dead to announce that we're on idgames now! Hell yeah!!! Thanks everyone for your patience as I worked through this. 
The idgames version has been updated with various changes and fixes from the last version that was posted here. Congratulations, everyone!

Congratulations on the release everybody! This project has not just a few but many gorgeous gems in it. I had a blast playing this and can highly recommend it to everybody! 

Also: a complevel 9 Ultimate Doom megawad?

FWVMgrUX0AMPSRg.png

E1M7 by @Steve88
E1M8 by @MAN_WITH_GUN

@Steve88 the first time I played your map I had a bug. I shot the first eye and the pinkies appeared, but the lift with the green armor didn't rise, even after repeatedly shooting the eye. On my second playthrough I had no issues. You can, however, activate the switch near the barons from down in the lava pit, and that breaks the sequencing of the map. 

I don't know if you were notified, but the list of gimmicks doesn't seem to be present in the text file

1 hour ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I don't know if you were notified, but the list of gimmicks doesn't seem to be present in the text file

Originally, I didn’t think it necessary to list out every possible gimmick in the text file, but as I have observed a tradition of Blue adding the rules into past event text files, I’d begun to amend this. Perhaps in years ahead it may provide context. Cheers!

Just finished this. My god, apart from a few maps (and I feel that might be personal preference) the quality here is astounding! I liked how you decided to put a DBP-style credits map at the end. I'd almost argue this is overall better than much of that storied collection.