Faithless Trilogy: 9

Sold Soul: 9

Curse of D'Sparil: 4

Icebound: 4

Shadows of Cronos: 4

So max of 30 points total for 3-5 wads?

Yes.

Honestly, these are all the Heretic wads that I have played :p

Well. Another reason to fill the list. Perhaps you will find something new after.

Edited by UnknDoomer

10: The Wayfarer

8: Quest for the Crystal skulls

8: Elf Gets Pissed

4: Call of the Apostate

Unfortunately I haven't played Many other than the well known releases

Might I say that Heretic Treasure Chest and 20 Heretics Challenge are another 2 Heretic wads that I've played (HTC is well known but kinda forgotten lately and 20HC is much less known). There aren't much Heretic content, sadly...

Ah yeah...there's HUMP too.

Well. First major goal achieved - now we have top 10+. I've also added Cacowards tags today.

I guess "end point" of the regular renewable list of 50+ wads with around ~ 80-100+ voters can be count as fine for "final stage" in case of Heretic/Hexen field. Which will be about ~ 1/5 of Doom results of creations and ~ 1/2 of voters after about two years+ of last topic exist for that purpose.

This is a pretty good idea! Here's a few significant efforts that haven't yet shown up on this list. I'm not really sure how to rate them, I just want to get them on the list so ill give them all 5s:

(5) Dark Deity's Bastion (2011) https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/heretic/Ports/bastion

(5) Heretic Treasure Chest (2010) http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/heretic/Ports/htchest.zip

(5) Blasphemous Experiments (2021)

(5) Realm of Parthoris (2015)

UnknDoomer; it would be helpful if in the OP you made a distinction between Heretic and Hexen for each entry. This should help with making the list more user friendly.

Neat idea.

A couple suggestions: tags would be cleaner exclusively on the right side of an entry, so that wads could be in a neat aligned row, like: 

5. Quest for the Crystal Skulls (2020) [8: Fryoko: 8]. {1Hx8}. [Mods+] 

6. UNBELIEVER (2019) [5: ReaperAA: 5]. {3x9}. Do not recommend to use the mods here in case it can lead to troubles at some levels.

7. Curse of D'sparil (2010) [4: Not Jabba: 4]. {E3 (replace for third episode), 1x9}. [Cacowards 2010] [Mods+] 

8. Icebound (2011) [7: Not Jabba: 4, LadyMistDragon: 3]. Just one regular map that replace E1M3 {1X}. [Cacowards 2011] [Mods+] [MAP] 

That is a lot easier to read.

Also since you're using the Cacoward tags, I'm glad you're giving awards and runners-up no differentiation, because they are definitionally near-identical anyway.

Updated list

Faithless: 8

SoldSoul: 8

HYMN A Heretic Community Project:6

Masters of Chaos: 4

Shadowcaster:2

Icebound: 1

Call of the Apostate: 1

6 points for quadrology from ArgonianLord, which contain:

Tower of Chaos: Special Edition,
Heretic: Sitnalta,
HeXen: A New World (ANW),
Descent Into the Abyss.

Joint they represent interesting story with nicely customized levels, especially the last wad, which also contain new mage classes.

Edited by UnknDoomer

I'm not sure how to score this but it definitely belongs on this list, if not at the top of it. Great work Xaser and Not Jabba!

I would honestly split up Heretic and Hexen wads.

But since we have so few Hexen wads on the list here, I'll purely add some of those:
4 Weeks of Pain [8]

Penumbra [8]

Talparun [4]

Scourge of Viscerus [4]

Village of Riverwood [3]

Shades [3]

Currently playing, but was impressed by the local horror kind atmosphere and music, so in advance 6 points to the dilogy "Realms of Dr. Chaos" & "Dr. Chaos - Shadows of Mars".

Edited by UnknDoomer

I would honestly split up Heretic and Hexen wads.

BTW, in addition to what I've told before. Few wads, especially nowadays, might be hard mixed in case what Hexen originally represent in compare to original Heretic - hub/portals system, new enemies and so on. Faithless: Trilogy is just one of a basic examples of such good combination. It's still Heretic, but many things that was usual for Hexen, took a place there.

Edited by UnknDoomer

3 points for Realms of Cronos (2019/2021), https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=66255 for Hexen. It's pretty solid wad with a polished textures, interesting puzzles and new enemies types and I might rate it as 6, but it suffer from a lot of random crashes and lags, especially in huge castle location, while also one level seems to be unplayable near the end, which leads to fact you need to use noclip to skip one and finish the wad.

It might be a matter of latest GzDoom (4.7.1) thing still, but few folks confirm MAP06 troubles, as well as lags.

Cyrgoth's Revenge (9) and Afterlands (9), both for Hexen; I honestly can't decide which one's better.

For Heretic I'd say:

Call of the Apostate (6)
The Mysteries of Underville (6)