Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

Prepare for a new kickass EDGE weapons / enemies mod

Yep, a new weapons / enemies mod. No promises it will get done but I've already got the graphics for 90% of the weapons. What's it gonna have, you ask? Well, lemme tell ya!

A knife
A double bladed chainsaw
A Beretta 9mm (dualies too!)
A 44
A 357 Revolver
A Desert Eagle (upgrade is a golden Desert Eagle w/ 10 inch barrel and 10 round clip)
A silent pistol
A socom w/ laser
A mossberg shotgun
An MP40
A Tec 9 (DUALIES TOO!!!)
A grenade launcher
A PSG-1
A Flamethrower

Enemies :

Duke Nukem
Lame Duke
Fists Marine
Chainsaw Marine
Pistol Marine
Shotgun Marine
Chaingun Marine
Rocket Launcher Zombie (I NEED THESE GRAPHICS FROM OBITUARY, IF SOMEBODY COULD HELP ME, I'D LOVE THEM FOREVER)

Yeah, so, I'm hard at work rippin' graphics, Ryan "The Bloody One" Hart will be doing the DDF and gathering sounds.

Props go out to :

Scuba Steve
Ryan Hart
Cory Whittle
The d00ds that ripped the graphics for Slaughterhouse
The Obituary team
The Epidermus Emporium guy, Boingo, right?
The guy(s) that made the Marines skin pack
3d Realms
The company that made powerslave
Other people I can't recall
The EDGE team
You, for reading this and hopefully, going to be playing this.

I also found:
- A few different fireball sprites from the Doom alphas
- Some vaporizing death graphics for the former humans
- Hanging-player graphics (instead of Keen)
- Hanging lights from Aliens TC
- Spinning player's helmet (was replacing armor bonus)

So if you can't find any of that in the archive, then uh... ask me?

Lizardcommando said:

Sounds like a cool idea. Um, I'm curious. Is the Ryan Hart you're talking about the same one who was formerly known as DarkStorm?

Yes, he is DarkStorm

Hey BBG! Good luck man.

Edit: My Doom folder got deleted. No backups, really. Oh well. I didn't finish much on Desert Warrior anyway. When can we expect the release of this 1337 Gu|\|Z m0d?

Lizardcommando said:

Um, I'm curious. Is the Ryan Hart you're talking about the same one who was formerly known as DarkStorm?

I'm still DarkStorm as far as the forum goes, but I'm more known as just Ryan Hart :-p

*Taps foot waiting for something to code.*

Hey, cool. You're here. :) You're not going to disappear again, right? :p

Nick Perrin: Ah, damn that sucks. So how much of Desert Warriror DID you finish?

DarkStorm said:

*Taps foot waiting for something to code.*

You wouldn't happen to be staring at me, no?

Lizardcommando said:

You're not going to disappear again, right? :p

I disappeared?

deathz0r said:

You wouldn't happen to be staring at me, no?

If you're refering to Relapse, I've taken over coding control.

LC, I only coded 1 baddie and a few weaps, was still tweaking. I made a really sweet SSG though(30-guage winchester riot shotgun), an oldie but goodie. It had a spark at the back when you shot, and smoke rang out from the chamber, blah blah. Whatever. Work on it is now going ahead FULL SPEED! I e-mailed the rest of the team to start it all up, so expect a 3-map demo(1 training, 2 your first mission) coming in a few months.

As for this mod... when can we expect a release??

Lizardcommando said:

It's been a while since I've seen you on the forums. Or maybe you were just lurking for a while... :p

I lurk, if you need me, my chat addies are in my profile, or you could always email me.

Nick Perrin said:

Depending on time real life (tm) provides me, and having all the nessacery resources. Shouldn't take too long really. Provided I can get help with graphics. Since I'm not a graphic person.

Btw Nick, when's MoUAC v1.1 coming out?

Nick Perrin said:

LC, I only coded 1 baddie and a few weaps, was still tweaking. I made a really sweet SSG though(30-guage winchester riot shotgun), an oldie but goodie. It had a spark at the back when you shot, and smoke rang out from the chamber, blah blah. Whatever. Work on it is now going ahead FULL SPEED! I e-mailed the rest of the team to start it all up, so expect a 3-map demo(1 training, 2 your first mission) coming in a few months.

Well, it's good to hear that you've regained alot of speed on your project, despite your little mishap. It sounds very interesting. Are you going to release any screenshots of Desert Warrior? Oh and BTW, I stated this a few times on the forums (1-2 times, I think), but you can call me by real name if you want. (I've also said what my real name is in 1-2 threads here) Since I'm too lazy to find the threads, here's my real name: Cliff. Scary, isn't it? :p

Back to the main topic. I've got some questions about the mod:

Will there be a HandCannon/SSG in this mod?
Are there plans for any other weapons?
What is LameDuke?

heh... yeah. I would have revealed my name if was to leave the Doom Community, but I said to myself, "Ah, what the hell. Someone would have probably found out about my name anyways... :p" Also, I felt bad for having people to write my long Screen Name, so that's also another reason.

Hmm...

Will there be a HandCannon/SSG in this mod?

If you've got better graphics for one than the Doom SSG, then sure, send them my way on AIM, ICQ, IRC, MSN or Yahoo. Sorry, can't do it through e-mail.

Are there plans for any other weapons?

All of these weapons are ones I have graphics for, so, if you've got an idea for a weapon and you've got graphics / sounds for it, send them my way.

What is LameDuke?

LameDuke is a beta of Duke Nukem 3d, quite fun / crappy all at the same time. Duke looks a little different in LameDuke, not quite as bad-ass.

ravage said:

You were just waiting for me to change mine, weren't you? :P

No, but when I realized you did and that I can change MY OWN TITLE (not anyone elses, you turds :)), I was like "w00t" and went with it.

BlueSonnet said:

Sounds great!

Is it easy to insert new weapons\enemies into Zdoom out of curiousity?

IMO, it's alot eaiser to do that in EDGE with its special DDF coding. I'm more of an "expert" with DDF than with Zdoom's scripting stuff or Dehacked.

DarkStorm said:

Btw Nick, when's MoUAC v1.1 coming out?

I know you're not taunting me but that's what if feels like. v1.1 was in the same folder! I thought I made a backup but I didn't! FU************************************!

Anyway, just so you know, here are the things I added to v1.0 to make it v1.1, so you can anticipate a release once I RE-DO everything.

-SPAS-12 alt-fire shoots slugs! Holes in zombiemen chests, imp arms blown to nothing, tons of blood!
-Enhanced explosion for th m-79, using quake-inspired flying particles of different colors!
-Flamethrower added, but flamedeaths not finished yet
-Enhanced scenery with smoke, etc.
-Pistol firing animations tweaked, look better
-Glock22 alt-fire is fully auto like the glock18c!
-(Somewhat) Better-looking bullethole
-some tweaking of random stuff I don't remember!

So there you go. WAAAA!!

Edit: Don't expect v1.1 anytime tooooo soon. Desert Warrior will take up all my (Dooming) time. Good luck with BBG on this mod though!