Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
galileo31dos01

[Limit-Removing] GoopW - 3-map compilation (idgames)

My friend! Congrat. for the release. You should make some vid in YT for some of these maps ;)

I like the architectural style of these levels, and while challenging, they aren't unbeatable.   Good job. 

A mixed-roster, asymettric arena lunchbreak sized morsel of Doom. My favourite kind. Got through the first two levels so far, a lot of fun. Found the second one much easier to get a footing in. Time to get back to work unfortunately!

Excellent first map. I love the rush strategies, having to carve out a safe space. I have yet to play the rest. I really like what was done with the skill tags. Everyone needs to try skill 2. The teleport thing for the elemental isnt tagged for skill 3.

I also made a few demos so far, all play back in anything that supports vanilla.

https://www.geocities.ws/catodemos/playtesting/goopw_rc1/

12 hours ago, Catoptromancy said:

The teleport thing for the elemental isnt tagged for skill 3.

Yeah that was an oversight from my part, it'll be fixed in an update. Thanks for the demos too, cool stuff!

and thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Loved the first two maps. Haven't finished the third because I couldn't work out what to do. Looking back I guess I'm probably supposed to archvile jump, but I kept killing the archvile and being confused. My own stupidity aside, this is a great release.

Looks like the rest of the maps in all skills can 100/100/100 stats in a dsda-doom and eternity. I really hope this style of skill balancing catches on. Skill 3 playing like UV, skill 4 as UV+, and skill 2 its own thing. Skill 2 is a nice refresher after the first skill.

Looks like crispy supports some boom actions, but complains it doesnt know about them. The map works fine. 

Spoiler

P_LoadLineDefs: Unknown special 253 at line 1800.
P_LoadLineDefs: Unknown special 24728 at line 1805.
P_LoadLineDefs: Found 2 lines with unknown linedef type.
THIS MAP MAY NOT WORK AS EXPECTED!
P_SpawnMapThing: Mapthing type 58 without any skill tag at (128, 2344)
P_SpawnMapThing: Mapthing type 58 without any skill tag at (128, 2404)
P_SpawnMapThing: Mapthing type 3001 without any skill tag at (240, 2376)
P_SpawnMapThing: Mapthing type 3001 without any skill tag at (280, 2416)
P_SpawnMapThing: Mapthing type 3001 without any skill tag at (280, 2376)
P_SpawnMapThing: Mapthing type 3001 without any skill tag at (240, 2416)

13 hours ago, Catoptromancy said:

Looks like crispy supports some boom actions, but complains it doesnt know about them. The map works fine.

Yes, there's a boom setup with the only purpose to "patch" the HNTR-only bridge when playing in a port with infinite height disabled, which is unaffected in crispy. On the other hand, those things without skill flags will be fixed, thanks for reporting!

Dropping in to say I finished the third level and rescue you from page 4 (I really wish Doomworld had a WIP wad subforum and a DONE wad discussion subforum, understand the extra mod burden though), I really enjoyed this. All killer, no filler. This level of polish (titlepic, palette, new music, palatable plasma sound) is uncommon in small mapsets. Pleasing to the player.

Map01 was my favourite, I really felt the choreography behind the monster placement. 

Spoiler

Realising I needed the archvile alive after clearing out the home-side of the river and wandering around for a while was a bit of a bummer on Map03, however. I missed or misinterpreted the arrow.

Edited by holaareola

On 11/15/2021 at 7:51 PM, holaareola said:

Map01 was my favourite, I really felt the choreography behind the monster placement. 

Agree! Really cool start and layout, It was also my favourite.

I played UV continuous and is still good, but pistol start feels the way to go really.

Looking forward to play more of these little frantic maps in the future.

Updated to RC2, which will probably be the version that'll go to the archive unless some unprecedented fatal bug shows up last minute.

This only includes minor skill flag fixes, minor ammo adjustments on easy in m01, and made the last switch in m02 little slightly more notable (even more on easy).

Really thankful for the feedback!

Edited by galileo31dos01