Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty_Rhodes

Everyone should speed map: what I learned from 30 minutes and 25 monsters

Just now, Yumheart said:

Sorry about that, slaughter really isn't for everyone. But thanks for giving it a try ^ w^

No I found it really fun. I just need to take a few more cracks at it.

5 hours ago, Yumheart said:

I love the positivity in this thread, so I thought I'd contribute something as well!
Basically just one, fairly difficult slaughter arena. Boom-compatible, the music is from SoR.
Making the actual map took closer to 40 minutes, unfortunately, and I didn't really care for the 25 monsters limit.
Anyways, hope some people will enjoy this :)

The timed-release-of-enemy-types-in-wave-closets formula never fails to engage me. Looks pretty decent visually too, especially for 40 minutes total. Extremely lenient with armor/health and rocket ammo, pretty lenient with cells if you don't make silly mistakes like I did. I like it a lot. :)

yumheart-speedmap.zip - the FDA is silly, I didn't grab the rocket launcher because I didn't see it and just went into circle strafe to win mode. Other demo is a casual max with some wandering at the end because I didn't know where the switches would pop up.

8 minutes ago, Maribo said:

The timed-release-of-enemy-types-in-wave-closets formula never fails to engage me. Looks pretty decent visually too, especially for 40 minutes total. Extremely lenient with armor/health and rocket ammo, pretty with cells if you don't make silly mistakes like I did. I like it a lot. :)

yumheart-speedmap.zip - the FDA is silly, I didn't grab the rocket launcher because I didn't see it and just went into circle strafe to win mode. Other demo is a casual max with some wandering at the end because I didn't know where the switches would pop up.

Thanks a lot! Very enjoyable demo to watch!

On 12/4/2021 at 4:03 PM, Yumheart said:

Sorry about that, slaughter really isn't for everyone. But thanks for giving it a try ^ w^

LOVED this map, and I mostly think this particular subgenre of slaughter is complete garbage (though I did have to restart once).

Hey everyone, just wanted to say Rhode Less Traveled is finished and I figured I'd post it here. The idgames upload is pending, but the Doomshack upload is there. I'm really proud of it.

Also a little Heretic speedmap made in about 30 minutes. It's E1M1, vanilla compatible, and short and sweet.

the music is Eerie from Daggerfall.

Ye_Olde_Rhode.zip