Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

GTA The Trilogy/Definitive Edition

There's far less chances of GTA 4 being remastered in the bullcrap manner the GTA Trilogy has been because it runs on the same engine powering GTA 5. Let's hope they actually release an update that upgrades the engine to 64-bit and maybe backports some of the graphical effects from GTA 5 and nothing more than that.

So, a double Post because i've made something stupid:

Call me crazy, but i've just got GTA San Andreas for the PS3 and the PS2 Version of Liberty City Stories emulated through the PS3 (Bought in the Store).

The PS3 Version is also based on the Mobile Version!
What i have seen so far:

- Character Models look War worse than on PC (i played the PC Version early this Year and started it up today to compare).

- Some of the same Bugs are included, as Vehicles changing Colour of its Parts when crashing (haven't seen this so far in the PC Version)

- Many Smartphone Icones included

- No Analgogue Stuff include, fully Throttle or nothing (with the Bike)

- Did i mention that the Character Models, especially in Cutscnenes are burtally ugly? The Models are looking deformed compared to the ingame Models.
Also the Faces are strange. Skin Colours are different.

- Controls are a bit strange

- Cars look nicer than in the PC-Version (they are shiny)

- Textures seem better

- When pausing, they start again with their Frases

Overall, it feels like it is the new Release with lesser Bugs, a bit nicer in look but not as good as the PC-Version.

I've watched a Comperasion Video in Youtube that included the PS2 Version, it seems as the PC-Version with a Mod that includes the PS2 Lightning Effects is the best Version aviable.

And really, the Models look so much nicer!

Overall, it seems as they not only ported Bugs and Ugliness into the new Ports and added new physically Errors through the new Engine.

To the emulated PS2 Version of Vice City Stories. (i was curious about how PS2 Emulation works on a PS3 Fat that hasn't the PS2 Hardware).
- Has Issues with Music, game has sometimes Screen Errors until the Music (Radio) doesn't work any longer

- FPS seem clearly under 30

- Controls are strange (i bet because it is a PSP Game)

Overall, it works but i am understanding why they put out the PS2 Emulation without the proper Hardware included.

It just does not work as nice.

I really like the Game itself, as i like the Setting the most.
What a shame that there is no real PC-Version for the "Stories".

However the good news is that since the 3D-Universe games for PC have been taken off of storefronts both digital and physical, you can now argue that it's abandonware.

YAR HAR AHOY AND AVAST

On 11/20/2021 at 7:11 AM, Azuris said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-19-rockstar-apologises-for-gta-trilogy-definitive-editions-unexpected-issues-re-lists-classic-versions-for-pc

So at least the old Versions are aviable again, thats good News.

In that Way People can get them legal without having to buy used Copies.

oh nevermind

this whole remaster was a disaster 
what a waste tbh 
they could have made something better but rockstar is rockstar 
if they dont care about their remasters then why should i 

anyways im going to play the good ver (pc ver with mods) for now 

On 11/20/2021 at 4:11 PM, Azuris said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-19-rockstar-apologises-for-gta-trilogy-definitive-editions-unexpected-issues-re-lists-classic-versions-for-pc

So at least the old Versions are aviable again, thats good News.

In that Way People can get them legal without having to buy used Copies.

I wonder if that’s a marketing ploy, too, people will now flock to buy the old versions while they are available.

(I’m joking, of course… Of course.)

I knew this would be an awful launch, a thing so big such as remastering 3 magnum games so quick... 

...it got announced in August, and I don't expect for it to have a bigger dev-backgroung than 1 year in the making. What a disaster it was, no QoL whatsoever. Those cheesy RTX mods made by some random guy even look better than this, models should have been updated at least to look like a GTA 4 model.

Still, there is no one that could beat the Crash Bandicoot/Spyro the Dragon trilogies remaster to this point, not even Rockstar...

22 hours ago, RHhe82 said:

I wonder if that’s a marketing ploy, too, people will now flock to buy the old versions while they are available.

(I’m joking, of course… Of course.)

It feels like one, relisting them on the Rockstar store and not Steam feels rather underhanded (unless the Steam version just hasn't updated yet).

Like a ploy to make people use their shit frontend.

Edit: nope, only available through the Rockstar Games Launcher, deffo dodgy.

I've just seen videos about it and the thing that bothered me the most was the updated character models; for the most part they just look wrong. The originals were fine. Plus, it's not like the new ones look like they belong in a modern game anyway, they still look dated. Why not just embrace the fact the games are old? They should've just updated the really blurry textures that really needed the upscale (like the signs and stuff like that). Reminds me of what they did with the Final Fantasy VIII remaster; updated character models that drastically changed their appearance.

I'm curious if they made GTA III more forgiving when it comes to the post-game. Doing the side stuff was a nightmare once the Italians and the Colombians became your enemies.

Ever since Definitive Edition came out, I can't help but think, who forced them to release the game this early?
There's no way they "didn't know" the game had issues.

57 minutes ago, Kizoky said:

Ever since Definitive Edition came out, I can't help but think, who forced them to release the game this early?
There's no way they "didn't know" the game had issues.

Well they are called Rockstar. Perhaps copious elicit substances impeded their judgment?

Since this thread got bumped, might as well say that the devs are actually attempting to patch this mess?

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/4411612846867/Grand-Theft-Auto-The-Trilogy-The-Definitive-Edition-Title-Update-Notes-1-03-PlayStation-5-PlayStation-4-Xbox-Series-X-S-Xbox-One-PC

It's kinda funny to see that about half of the "fixes" all are about this stupid rain. Plus you get the cinematic camera back, which makes for an unplayable game but is always hilarious to see in action.

21 hours ago, unerxai said:

I'm curious if they made GTA III more forgiving when it comes to the post-game. Doing the side stuff was a nightmare once the Italians and the Colombians became your enemies.

Considering they kept decades-old glitches and oddities in the game, I doubt they went around changing anything in the ways gangs are handled. 

2 hours ago, PsychEyeball said:

It's kinda funny to see that about half of the "fixes" all are about this stupid rain. Plus you get the cinematic camera back, which makes for an unplayable game but is always hilarious to see in action.

Most of the issues have already been fixed by mods which look way better than the official fixes. 

18 hours ago, PsychEyeball said:

Since this thread got bumped, might as well say that the devs are actually attempting to patch this mess?

“Let’s see how many bandaids we can put on this amputated arm, eventually it’ll fix the problem right?”

On 11/13/2021 at 11:28 AM, Caffeine Freak said:

Also didn't want them choosing the obviously superior modded version over the "Definitive edition".

20211113_005444.jpg

wow, the vados peds pack look realistic, R* is just thinks the modders are idiots  

elwoe.jpg

Doomworld has a notice on dormant threads for a reason, pal. It'd probably be nice if you took your sweet time reading them.

Edited by Panzermann11

On 11/14/2021 at 10:17 PM, Wadmodder Shalton said:

It's apparent that Rockstar Games didn't take archiving their source code for the GTA trilogy that seriously, which could mean the source codes for the original GTA III, VC & SA for PS2, Xbox & PC are lost to time and that the only source code that is available to the publisher is the inferior mobile versions.

I just wish that game publishers would stop using very old vulnerable hard disk drives in favor of both USB flash drives & solid state drives, as they are more stable and less vulnerable to failure.

HUGE W!

2 hours ago, Flippy685368 said:

HUGE W!

People are trying to explain to you that you're bumping a dead thread. You're responding to what someone said in 2021. If you have something meaningful to say about the game, that's one thing, but the warning is there for a reason. I'm just letting you know. Also, please multiquote instead of double/triple posting.

6 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

People are trying to explain to you that you're bumping a dead thread. You're responding to what someone said in 2021. If you have something meaningful to say about the game, that's one thing, but the warning is there for a reason. I'm just letting you know. Also, please multiquote instead of double/triple posting.

oh im so sorry

ok, this thread is dead now, goodbye 👋