Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plats

NoSp3 Demos [-complevel 21]

On 3/13/2022 at 9:10 PM, Dan87 said:

Map 07 UV-Max in 12:07.69 (tic beater)

YT:

nosp307m1217.zip

FYI, these demos were also recorded in cl8. This WAD is cl21 (uses MBF21), so you should definitely use that. I can upload them as incompatible if you would like, but in the Other category.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:24 PM, 4shockblast said:

FYI, these demos were also recorded in cl8. This WAD is cl21 (uses MBF21), so you should definitely use that. I can upload them as incompatible if you would like, but in the Other category.

Oh, damn, sorry! I see I forgot to add a complevel parameter to the shortcuts for 7, 29 and 32 :( It also looks like my default complevel was 8 and not 9 for some reason. If it's not much extra work to upload them then sure, but I'm not too fussed either way.

Out of curiosity - if I playback the demos and specify -complevel 21, everything appears fine (no desyncs that I can tell, but I'm also not really experienced in what to look for there). If I specify a complevel, is it ignored when a demo is played back (with it using whatever complevel the demo was recorded on)? As far as I know none of those maps use any cl21 features, but I guess even then running at cl8 rather than 9 could cause some problems.

8 hours ago, Dan87 said:

Oh, damn, sorry! I see I forgot to add a complevel parameter to the shortcuts for 7, 29 and 32 :( It also looks like my default complevel was 8 and not 9 for some reason. If it's not much extra work to upload them then sure, but I'm not too fussed either way.

Out of curiosity - if I playback the demos and specify -complevel 21, everything appears fine (no desyncs that I can tell, but I'm also not really experienced in what to look for there). If I specify a complevel, is it ignored when a demo is played back (with it using whatever complevel the demo was recorded on)? As far as I know none of those maps use any cl21 features, but I guess even then running at cl8 rather than 9 could cause some problems.

I can upload them later. Yeah, complevels aren't possible to force on playback that way, unless it's one of the limit-removing complevels (i.e., complevels 2-4).

7 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

I can upload them later. Yeah, complevels aren't possible to force on playback that way, unless it's one of the limit-removing complevels (i.e., complevels 2-4).

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I recently switched to a powershell script for recording which allows me to see the complevel more obviously. So hopefully I won't make the same mistake again.

Map20 UV-Max in 8:40

Sorry about the double post, I thought I was done when I submitted the above demo. Rethought the route and realised there was actually quite a bit of time save available by pushing the finale early.

nosp320m840.zip