Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bob9001

Cheating confession

It's disappointing to hear the news, but thanks for coming clean. I'm not going to purge all your posts into a containment thread (just too much work, honestly), but I assume the archive will mark your demos as dubious/cheated. I'm not going to lie, it'll take time to regain anyone's trust, but maybe if you commit to streaming your runs for extra scrutiny, people might trust that you've turned the page. Think of it as not being forgiven, but also not being condemned.

I don't know what to say, honestly. Since I've been banned from the discord. I don't know if its worth me even continuing to speedrun.. I'm more disappointed that I don't know which runs are even legit or cheated. That being the hardest burden to process.

Thanks for not banning me from the forums atleast. I was under the assumption if I admitted to what I've done I could atleast continue to be apart of the community.

Well I guess you made the decision for me then, not making excuses for what I've done but how can I redeem myself if I'm being excluded from the community? Again my understanding is that by doing the right thing, I can at least start over? Guess not? That is disappointing and having no way to privately talk going forward I'll just say it here.

Feel free to dm me on here if you want to talk privately. There's no magic wand to wave to restore reputation and trust. You can't simply start over like nothing happened. As dew said above, it would take time and effort to regain anyone's trust.

Very well.

Just to clarify something that I decided to do, I asked Kraflab to blanket all my demos as cheated. However going over them all since then I've figured out which ones are legit and which ones are not, so I made that decision to make it easier. If anyone wants to know which is not legit I can provide that information now.

3 hours ago, kraflab said:

Someone who comes clean wholly of their own volition would be a different case - and I recommend taking the opportunity to do so while you still can.

Sure. If I remember correctly, my TVR episode demos used a couple segments on intermission screens, basically as a result of impatience (I don't remember enjoying glides and that set is packed full of them). Feel free to either mark as such on the site or remove entirely, it's been so long since I've even thought about speedrunning that I don't really care at this point. I don't have interest in repeating that laziness if I were to return to demo recording, but I suppose that then depends on me having interest in returning to it at all.

On 11/16/2021 at 6:42 PM, Bob9001 said:

Very well.

Just to clarify something that I decided to do, I asked Kraflab to blanket all my demos as cheated. However going over them all since then I've figured out which ones are legit and which ones are not, so I made that decision to make it easier. If anyone wants to know which is not legit I can provide that information now.

Aren't they all marked as dubious once you've been caught once? Genuinely curious.