Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cirque0011

Later comer, I know. Difficulty question

I'm 43 years old and was a gamer in the initial Wolfenstein and Doom I days.  

I purchased Doom Eternal recently.  It was my first return to gaming consoles since SNES (PS4).  Offline gamer.

I finished Eternal without too much difficulty - what was expected. I've finished Doom 1,2 and 3 as well as Eternal.

Recebtly I found a copy of Doom 2016 and was so excited.  But for one reason, I find this game HARD.  Did most of you or any of you find 2016 harder than Eternal?  I'm determined to complete it as I am a slave to the Doom franchise.

Just curious 

I might lean more towards Eternal being more difficult overall but 2016 isn't a slouch when it comes to playing rough, far from it. I can see someone getting really comfortable with Eternal's dash and having a hard time to adjusting without it. They can both be a tricky and fun time.

Welcome Welcome,

I kind of agree with you but only when I play it on harder difficulties like the Ultra-Nightmare, even though I never had the mood to try Eternal.

I'd say 2016 is a bit harder at the start since you start out pretty weak without any movement skills or upgrades, but once you get near the middle of the game and start to get some extremely overpowered perks and weapons you can pretty much steamroll everything, especially since (I think) the baron in the first hell level is the last time that a new enemy type gets introduced, so the fights don't really get much harder after that point. So I'd say that if you can get past the first few missions then you already did the hardest stuff in the game and the rest should be okay.

On 11/20/2021 at 7:44 AM, Cirque0011 said:

Recebtly I found a copy of Doom 2016 and was so excited.  But for one reason, I find this game HARD.  Did most of you or any of you find 2016 harder than Eternal?  I'm determined to complete it as I am a slave to the Doom franchise.

I did not but the gameplay changes in alot ways, if you know what quick switching is in doom eternal, that's not in 2016 (I'm pretty sure it isn't)