Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Hello, I am Melfice

Hello. I'm always checking out the DW forums and decided maybe I should finally register. I'm Melfice, creator of the Dark Nexus project (which a few know about) and mapper for Elbryan42's Doom64TC (I've mapped nearly all the hell levels for it). I'll get around to posting more stuff on here later, but right now I have another matter:

Everyone who reads this thread, please go here and sign this petition. It is a petition to stop the Wizards of the Coast company from screwing up the Magic: the Gathering card game. If we can't get as many signatures as possible, Magic will forever be changed for the worse. I am asking you to go sign this even if you don't know what magic is. Every person counts towards saving this great game.

Thanks

http://www.petitiononline.com/z8m9k45/petition-sign.html?

Most newbs at the forum usually get smacked for starting an intro thread, but since you're the guy developing the Doom64 TC, I guess it's cool -- I appreciated Doom64, so on a personal level, I'm grateful. But who am I to complain.../me signs petition

Hey,DOOMAnomaly, I like your Tails av ;). I didn't scroll through all the av's there were (I found that fish and thuoght it was putrid and cool), but I love Sonic & Tails, haha.

Eh, sorry about the intro thread. I just thought it'd be kinda stupid if I just posted one post for that petition or something, without atleast saying who I am. Ya know, would kinda make it look like I really did "Register just to make one post."

Melfice Darkmage said:

Hey,DOOMAnomaly, I like your Tails av ;). I didn't scroll through all the av's there were (I found that fish and thuoght it was putrid and cool), but I love Sonic & Tails, haha.

Thanks ^_^
Mines a bit outta date tho, this one was made for New Year's, Im just too lazy to make a new one. :D

Edit: New one inserted :D

It's cool, Melf. I think it's great to have a cause and a role, so kudos to you. :) Personally, I think you could've made a thread strictly for that petition. But either way, welcome to the forums, man.

Vulg@r said:

Most newbs at the forum usually get smacked for starting an intro thread

"Sorry, all our flamers are currently busy flaming other n00bs. Please hold." ;)

Hello!
I'm not going to sign the petition!
Why?
Because internet petitions don't work and they never accomplish anything.

Sure they work... otherwise there wouldn't be a website dedicated to them. They do, of course, fail if Quasar starts them, though.

I know what Magic the Gathering is... Well, sort of... always thought it was a weird trend that had to end one day, too... Oh well, good bye Magic, say hi to the Lord and his Angels for me.

myk said:

Sure they work... otherwise there wouldn't be a website dedicated to them. They do, of course, fail if Quasar starts them, though.

Dammit, where's that faulty logic guide when I need it?

myk said:

Sure they work... otherwise there wouldn't be a website dedicated to them.

Uhhh

Hello Melfish, enter entirely out of your own free will and leave some of the happiness you bring.

Melfice Darkmage said:

Everyone who reads this thread, please go here and sign this petition. It is a petition to stop the Wizards of the Coast company from screwing up the Magic: the Gathering card game. If we can't get as many signatures as possible, Magic will forever be changed for the worse. I am asking you to go sign this even if you don't know what magic is. Every person counts towards saving this great game.

Thanks

http://www.petitiononline.com/z8m9k45/petition-sign.html?

IMO they screwed up Magic years ago with the Urza's Saga/Legacy series (all the cards were far too powerful), but I've signed it anyway. (it's always been a great game, even with all the power gaming)

Greetings Darkmage. Hope you like it here, and don't get your ass banned :)

I ain't signing, these new cards look snazzy. This is from a seasoned Magic player(geek).
Welcome to Doomworld.

I ain't signing, these new cards look snazzy

That's cool if you think that. It's just that the same design has lasted 10 years, and well, this new look just looks too futuristic to be Magic. Plus, Magic had it's own unique design really. Now it's going to endup looking like everyother card game out there (I dread, because people are comparing the new look to Yu-Gi-Oh crap).

But aside from Magic stuff, since this is a Doom forum (well, a non-Doom forum on a Doom based website), I was wondering, how many people here have heard of Dark Nexus?

"A rose will bloom amongst the weeds, except in a manure pasture. Then it's all shit."

I haven't a clue, welcome all the same. :)

Greetings and accompanying petition signatures to you.

Just wondering, but can the av's on here be any bigger than this? I'm part of another forum who appears to use this same kind of forum layout, and theirs are a little bigger. Was just wondering.

Melfice Darkmage said:

Just wondering, but can the av's on here be any bigger than this? I'm part of another forum who appears to use this same kind of forum layout, and theirs are a little bigger. Was just wondering.

Big avatars put more load on the forums and just plainly look ugly, IMHO.

Melfice Darkmage said:

how many people here have heard of Dark Nexus?

Not many. Enlighten us.

Linguica said:

What's wrong with 36x36 avatars?

Yeah, you can do a lot with 36x36. More with less, that's the challenge.

Not many. Enlighten us

Well, Dark Nexus is my version of a sequel to Doom 64. Since I'm working on Elbryan42's D64tc, I've also made some of my own maps using our resources (which you've seen some of in Deathman's Console Doom wad). It's 32 levels (a megawad), and all the old sprites are replaced, Monsters, Weapons, ammo, everything. I have alot more stuff than when DSV4 was released, now.

It'll be for ZDoom, Legacy, and later JDoom. I've released 2 demo levels for the ZDoom version (one tech, one hell).

Hell Version: ftp://public:public@doom.wrong.button.com/dnhell.zip

Tech Version: ftp://public:public@doom.wrong.button.com/dndemo.zip

The problem is with the Tech Version is that all the levels after Map01 are DSV4 levels, that's why it's size is so big. At the time I released this, those were the only sources I was using. The Hell version is smaller as it doesn't have the rest of DSV4 attached to it. I also have other demo levels. The ZDoom version is pretty muchly complete, but I'm currently working on the Legacy version, and want to release them at the same time. If anyone is interested in playing a complete level or two, just email me or let me know on here and I'll email you (Or wait, there's a PM system on these forums isn't there? n/m, Just PM me on here). All the levels will be ALL Doom64 resources (I say that because DSV4 was a mix of Doom2 and Doom64 stuff). Also, Levels 1-10 are tech, then 11-30 are hell. Levels 31 is tech, 32 hell.