Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CblBOPOTKA

Moving joined sectors

Is there a method in GZDoom Builder to move joined sectors? I have many closets and dummy sectors (and very big map) so i want to consolidate all this.

I know i can make new sector over joined to break relation, but it's kinda ugly way.

More general question: where did i find pro tips of using GZDB? Some resources? Mapping around half-year

Do you mean that you want to move individual pieces of an array of joined sectors?

Yes, you can use the "make sector" tool and then just rejoin it to whatever after you move it, or alternatively use linedef mode to select the individual lines and move them around.

(Edit) Actually it would be really nice to have a way to do this on the fly within sector mode. I'm more familiar with Doom Builder 2/X, but I used GZDB a little bit and have recently started using Ultimate Doom Builder so maybe I missed something.

Doom Builder and all its iterations are capable of recognizing an individual sub-sector of a joined sector, but if you drag it to a different spot, all of the other ones move with it.

Edited by Megalyth

I usually move monster closets around by their vertices. If you go into Things mode and select all the things inside the closets, then in to Vertex mode and select all the vertices you want to move, the Thing selection will remain and everything relevant will move along with the vertices.

8 hours ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

More general question: where did i find pro tips of using GZDB? Some resources? Mapping around half-year

What format? I've got a bunch of tutorials on advanced udmf tricks. Some of it is transferable to other formats but it's mostly applicable to udmf.

Other than that, find some mapping/level design focused discords to join or watch mapping streams. Hanging out with other people doing the same thing will accelerate your growth as a mapper.