Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andretti

Can't find new weapons in Project Brutality 2.03

I am using the Maps of Chaos Hardcore wad as well. Spawn preset is at Dynamic Progression, I assume this is the default. I haven't found a single one of these new guns so far. Except for the UAC30 you start with. I played the entirety of episode 1. I played a few maps in DOOM 2. Nothing so far. The guns I have found legit are the chainsaw, pistol, shotgun, sawed off, UAC30 DMR, minigun, rocket launcher, plasma rifle, BFG. Yes, the mod works. Yes, the new guns work if I use "give all" cheat. Are they very well hidden? Is it impossible to get them legit? What about playing megawads like Alien Vendetta for the PB guns?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

1 hour ago, Andretti said:

What about playing megawads like Alien Vendetta for the PB guns?

Well, the mod won't affect where the weapons are placed in that megaWAD, but the new weapons wouldn't show up at all since all the mod is doing in regards to the weapons is replacing the existing vanilla weapon sprites and won't take the mod's new weapons into account.

14 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Well, the mod won't affect where the weapons are placed in that megaWAD, but the new weapons wouldn't show up at all since all the mod is doing in regards to the weapons is replacing the existing vanilla weapon sprites and won't take the mod's new weapons into account.

What about DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 wads? Can these weapons spawn in there?

2 minutes ago, Andretti said:

What about DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 wads? Can these weapons spawn in there?

Same deal as AV: Only the mod's vanilla weapon equivalents.

Just now, Biodegradable said:

Same deal as AV: Only the mod's vanilla weapon equivalents.

Ok. Thank you. So I have to use the cheat code to get the PB weapons.

Yeah, pretty much. Unless you're playing specific maps that were developed with PB's current build in mind, you will have to punch cheat commands into the console to be able to use those new weapons.

Hey. I wanted to point out that I found some of the new weapons legit. According to the wiki they spawn in later levels. Used a cheat code to teleport to one of the later levels. Got a heavy machine gun and hell rifle right away as drops from enemies. I also found the revolver on MAP11 sitting there.