Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain POLAND

Ridiculously impossible joke maps

I'm wondering how many of these exist in the archive.

I'm talking about stuff like a map that starts you surrounded by 100 cyberdemons with no cover and no powerups anywhere in the level, and you have to kill all of them with just the pistol and fist, or a map that starts out off with you surrounded by 1000 archviles.

I'd like to see release threads and reviews for WADs like this, just because I want to see if I could edit them to be actually beatable.

43 minutes ago, Captain POLAND said:

I'm talking about stuff like a map that starts you surrounded by 100 cyberdemons with no cover and no powerups anywhere in the level, and you have to kill all of them with just the pistol and fist, or a map that starts out off with you surrounded by 1000 archviles.

You could easily make a map like that in ten minutes. You already had an idea for "The ULTIMATE Slaughter Map" where you were going to put Okuplok to shame with a map that has "over 1 MILLION MONSTERS". What happened to that?

So basically you want to find low-effort troll wads that are rightfully ignored and buried/sent to Post Hell so you can "edit them to make them beatable".

Why? The fact that you say you want to see "reviews" and "release threads" for wads like that makes it seem more like you just want to laugh at other people's terrible work.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

27 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

You could easily make a map like that in ten minutes. You already had an idea for "The ULTIMATE Slaughter Map" where you were going to put Okuplok to shame with a map that has "over 1 MILLION MONSTERS". What happened to that?[/quote]

I decided to make smaller stuff first and work my way up to it. This is part of my experimenting in that direction.

27 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

So basically you want to find low-effort troll wads that are rightfully ignored and buried/sent to Post Hell so you can "edit them to make them beatable".

Why? The fact that you say you want to see "reviews" and "release threads" for wads like that makes it seem more like you just want to laugh at other people's terrible work.

No, I just want to see what mistakes to avoid when I edit them. I will probably add multiple WADs together and make them easier so they are hard but not impossible.