Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

[MIDI epics] "ARCANE" released -- free/NYP downloads on BandCamp!

Throughout this year I've been embarking on larger-scale personal musical projects, comprising the following tracks which all exceed the ten-minute mark in terms of duration.

These tracks are all available to stream/download, or purchase at NAME YOUR PRICE, on my BandCamp page!

Please enjoy!

The Necromancer's Demise (13:23)

STREAM/DOWNLOAD on BandCamp

13 minutes of progressive MIDI metal with some orchestral backing.

This track is also found in @Tarnsman's Projectile Hell MAP30!

The BandCamp download for this track comes with a B-side entitled "The Thaumaturge", a track written originally for Demonastery.

Dragonflight (11:42)

Written as a gift for Joshua "@Dragonfly" O'Sullivan, one of my most powerful cohorts in both music-making and game design.

This track is one of my more upbeat offerings with lots of major-key sections and whimsical melodies and chord progressions, while still maintaining an element of heavy rock/metal underpinning everything.

The Mountaineer (16:47)

An epic adventure of a track, divided into 5 movements. What it's ultimately about is largely up to you.

0:00-2:48 -- I. Climb
2:49-5:28 -- II. Collapse
5:29-8:25 -- III. In the Belly of Fire
8:26-12:09 -- IV. Basilisk
12:10-16:45 -- V. To the Ends of the Earth

Arcane (15:47)

This long-form track sees me trying my hand at dense melodic material and slightly more complex rhythms, while all remaining entirely in 4/4. The middle section seesaws wildly between vaguely folk-inspired musical ideas.

Edited by Jimmy

The prog nerd in me loves that first track. Also has a very Heretic-ish vibe to it.

You definitely handle the long form of 10+ minutes very well. Now let's go for 20!

Right off the bat, The Necromancer's Demise is blow-away awesome. I'll be listening to the rest very soon!

18 minutes ago, PsychEyeball said:

You definitely handle the long form of 10+ minutes very well. Now let's go for 20!

Very much hoping that I can break the 20-minute barrier with my next one!

I will always be amazed by musicians, especially when they make a project like those. Very ambitious and very good. Nothing blows my mind more than when someone is able to write a track more than two minutes long and keep it interesting. It's why Echoes by Pink Floyd and Ommadawn Part 2 by Mike Oldfield rank among my favorite songs. Fantastic work, and I envy your musical ability, I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I could learn enough theory to get a grasp of other instruments. But I love playing guitar, I don't know if I want to devote the learning other instruments.

So again, great work and I love your music. 

I'm sure people who like electronic dancey music over self-indulgent noodly MIDI prog metal will prefer yours, haha.

I wager some people would find a 15-minute piece of music exhausting to listen to anyhow. :P

Very late to announce it here, but "Arcane" is finally released. At 15:47 it's not my longest out of these, trailing just behind "The Mountaineer", but it's a very melodically and rhythmically diverse track with an emphasis on uptempo riffage, inspired mainly by metalcore artists like Architects and ERRA. There's also some Haken-esque breakdowns and the odd bit of long-form Michael Romeo-inspired guitar soloing.

I hope you enjoy!