Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teo Slayer

What do you plan to get for Christmas?

I know it's kinda early for christmas, but they're coming soon. Anyway, for christmas I plan to get a brand new phone. My current one is kinda trash, the battery falls quickly, there's no longer space and it lags a lot so I want a new one. If you plan to get something for christmas too, feel free to write here :)

A 7-string viola da gamba, a sazabi gundam, 7 third-party transformers, 2 bottles of Amarula & have a teaser level from my Deimos base.wad out...

I have a driving test coming up, if I pass I'm getting myself a car.

If I don't pass I'm getting my ass some fucking booze and try to drink away the fact I'm a failure.

Edited by mrthejoshmon

I bought a kalimba for my oldest brother-in-law. He's a performing musician, although he plays the French Horn, and most of his time nowadays is spent on a radio show on the San Antonio classical public radio station. Still, I think he'll like a musical toy like a kalimba, since our Christmas presents at the family get-together are never very serious nor very large.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q38FWFJ

my state ID expired earlier this year and it takes like 50 bucks to renew it, so probably reknewing that if I get the money to. Christmas present I suppose.

I know that I'm getting Metroid Dread and some canvas prints.

I'll share those prints when I get them. It's a secret ;)

Told everyone I'm getting them priceless art worth millions of dollars.

I've been right clicking all day!

Last year I asked for a new bed for Christmas and ended up getting one the day before Thanksgiving leaving me with nothing to more to want. This year I'm hoping to get a new pc as my current one runs like two snails pushing one bigger snail.

For the first time in a long time I have (or.. had) a decent bit of money so I bought:

- my 3rd 7 string Ibanez guitar (god damn it kicks ass)

- a Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 amplifier (damn good considering it's a multi-instrument amplifier)

- an Aroma electronic drum kit w/ double kick pedals

I've been really getting back into playing guitar, and I want to get back into drumming as I haven't had a kit for years now. An excellent set of self-gifts :) it's not all me being a greedy asshole though, I've been helping a close friend with moving expenses and am doing another round of DoomTube patreon signups!

15 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

For the first time in a long time I have (or.. had) a decent bit of money so I bought:

- my 3rd 7 string Ibanez guitar (god damn it kicks ass)

- a Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 amplifier (damn good considering it's a multi-instrument amplifier)

- an Aroma electronic drum kit w/ double kick pedals

I've been really getting back into playing guitar, and I want to get back into drumming as I haven't had a kit for years now. An excellent set of self-gifts :) it's not all me being a greedy asshole though, I've been helping a close friend with moving expenses and am doing another round of DoomTube patreon signups!

Nice. I've always wanted to try noodling around on a 7 string, but none of the shops around here keep them in stock for me to try to see if I want to pull the trigger on one. I'm really not good enough at guitar to justify anything better than what I already have (one of the better Epiphone Les Pauls, it's got coil tap in both pickups).

Speaking of Christmas instrument additions, I did pick myself up a fretless Danelectro bass for when I get back into recording. I've got a couple ska/reggae tracks that could use the sound of a fretless, but sadly, I need to soundproof my studio to kill all the noise from outside before I feel comfortable trying to do any recording, and that's gonna be expensive.

And I also got myself this monstrosity as a very early Christmas present. Owning a tuba is one of those silly things that I've always wanted to do for as long as I've been a musician (I played it in college, but never actually had one to call my own), and this was the first year that I've actually had disposable income to get one. Looking forward to seeing what sort of damage I can do with it.

image.png.573b9329674d42461d1569db9246ec4e.png

Honestly, this is the first Christmas that I buy a lot of things only for the people I appreciate, in other Christmas I had neither the age nor the money, but now, it feels good to be able to prepare things and think about bringing some happiness.

As for seeing what I will get for myself, I don't know, I have nothing in mind, maybe a few chocolates will suffice for me

Spoiler

A gun to steal a shop and get free gifts

I don't know, anything works, although stuff like headphones, games, money or that kind of things work.

No more advertising for/talk about Christmas until December 22. Seriously it's like the rest of the planet just forgot about Thanksgiving. September is the month of Halloween now, apparently, November 1 is the start of CyberBlack month, because Black Friday and Cyber Monday are now a month-long uni-holiday, and Christmas starts on November 2. What's that? Being grateful for things you already have? That doesn't sound very consumerist of you. REAL Americans go out and buy shit they don't need, on credit they don't have. Just ask Uncle Sam, he's been busy opening some early Christmas presents this year. Couple trillion will do nicely over 10 years, but don't worry you can start feeling the cost of inflation today!

5 hours ago, QuaketallicA said:

No more advertising for/talk about Christmas until December 22. Seriously it's like the rest of the planet just forgot about Thanksgiving. September is the month of Halloween now, apparently, November 1 is the start of CyberBlack month, because Black Friday and Cyber Monday are now a month-long uni-holiday, and Christmas starts on November 2. What's that? Being grateful for things you already have? That doesn't sound very consumerist of you. REAL Americans go out and buy shit they don't need, on credit they don't have. Just ask Uncle Sam, he's been busy opening some early Christmas presents this year. Couple trillion will do nicely over 10 years, but don't worry you can start feeling the cost of inflation today!

Don't forget Sinterklaas  8)