Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[HotPocket]

Making "3D" Polyobject Doors in GZDoom

Question

For a while, I've been trying to figure out how to make a polyobject door like this:

0KuyywB.jpg.acdea8326e38479af6bc2e4004fe1fac.jpg

I do know that part of the process is using Polyobj_ExplicitLine, but I haven't been able to find anything online that I'm able to understand.

2 answers to this question

You don't need to use Polyobj_ExplicitLine to make a polyobject like this, it's as simple as simply using a raised floor sector instead of a void space for the polyobject.

I attached a basic example map of such a door below.

Also, you could use 3D middle textures to make a polyobject too, though the caveat is that you can't use the Block Hitscans flag on the polyobject lines, without having the lines block hitscans infinitely high, unlike projectiles and other actors, which are blocked as high up as the middle texture extends. The advantage they have over raised floor polyobjects though, is that they can be transparent, so you could make something like a shop entrance door with them.

simple3dpobjexample.zip

3 hours ago, inkoalawetrust said:

You don't need to use Polyobj_ExplicitLine to make a polyobject like this, it's as simple as simply using a raised floor sector instead of a void space for the polyobject.

I attached a basic example map of such a door below.

Also, you could use 3D middle textures to make a polyobject too, though the caveat is that you can't use the Block Hitscans flag on the polyobject lines, without having the lines block hitscans infinitely high, unlike projectiles and other actors, which are blocked as high up as the middle texture extends. The advantage they have over raised floor polyobjects though, is that they can be transparent, so you could make something like a shop entrance door with them.

simple3dpobjexample.zip

I owe you one, thank you man.