Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hillerbob

Doom Missions (community project)

This is no longer being worked on!

This is a doom community project for a mod called doom missions. if you would like to join this then you need ultimate doom builder slade and the files.

Files for mapping https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-missions/downloads/files2

submit your maps here! https://discord.gg/Mh4PzNZFQC

Make sure that the map will work with gzdoom without any bugs or errors this mod is planned to have 34 maps the levels 31-34 are secret levels.

This mod consists of 2 episodes each episode has 2 secret levels.

also make sure that at the start of each level it shows text of the name of the level and the creator of it.

INFO

Iwad doom 2

Maps map01 - map34

Sourceport gzdoom

Map editor ultimate doom builder

use slade for changing the map title, music, sky1, sky2 and exittext

Gameplay singleplayer\co-op

Mouselook and jump required

Map format udmf

Mapping deadline september 2022

Guideline: episode 1

Make the levels for episode 1 after map02 themed in hell.

level 15 needs to be a boss level.

Guideline: episode 2 

Make the levels themed on earth.

Level 30 needs to be a boss level.

I also left the name of the maps and the music for the maps after map02 empty 

There is also plenty of music in the .pk3 file for this mod you can add other custom music in the maps

I will test the levels that have been submitted

Note  anyone is welcome to join this community project just make sure to follow the rules and make sure it is compatible with gzdoom

Rules

Do not make joke levels this is not a jokewad try to make the levels serious

The amount of levels in this mod is 34 so when all 34 Maps have been made.this project will end 

Do not make the levels extremely difficult

Level 1

Screenshot_2021-11-30-02-36-22.png.0ae19217d7942c7108e75ea6e130105f.png

Screenshot_2021-11-30-02-36-08.png.f70c1c7a55705bf58d0aeaaefa384ad7.png

Screenshot_2021-11-30-02-35-55.png.17797dff8cde39a3545108a106220e09.png

Edited by Hillerbob

Just now, Hillerbob said:

Files - Doom Missions mod for Doom II - Mod DB

buddy, you haven't linked anything, you haven't said a word about what this project is actually about, what the format is, nothing. please, please read the link I posted and edit your OP.

1 minute ago, Major Arlene said:

buddy, you haven't linked anything, you haven't said a word about what this project is actually about, what the format is, nothing. please, please read the link I posted and edit your OP.

Ok

Note: anyone is welcome to join this community project just make sure to follow the rules and make sure it is compatible with gzdoom

2 minutes ago, JustCallMeKaito said:

Wait, aren't you the same guy who was creating a 200+ level wad just two days ago...?

yes

I'll echo the advice that Kinsie gave you in your previous thread: if you're just starting out in the Doom modding community, it's best to start small and sharpen your skills over time. Starting out with a planned 200-map megawad and trying to host your own community project are both serious endeavors that a lot of veteran community members would balk at (let alone simultaneously) and it would be better for you in the long term if you set your ambitions just a wee bit lower: maybe try to make some standalone maps and collect feedback on the forums, for example. Almost everyone starts out wanting to make their magnum opus, it's true, but you'll be doing yourself a favour in the long run if you start small.

27 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

I'll echo the advice that Kinsie gave you in your previous thread: if you're just starting out in the Doom modding community, it's best to start small and sharpen your skills over time. Starting out with a planned 200-map megawad and trying to host your own community project are both serious endeavors that a lot of veteran community members would balk at (let alone simultaneously) and it would be better for you in the long term if you set your ambitions just a wee bit lower: maybe try to make some standalone maps and collect feedback on the forums, for example. Almost everyone starts out wanting to make their magnum opus, it's true, but you'll be doing yourself a favour in the long run if you start small.

I actually have some experience with doom modding i have made a bunch of doom maps  just i have not posted them on the internet for people to download 

Edited by Hillerbob

57 minutes ago, Hillerbob said:

I actually have some experience with doom modding i have made a bunch of doom maps  just i have not posted them on the internet for people to download 

Then maybe you should! At the very least it shows people that you have the mapping prowess to back up your project and might make them more interested in contributing, if you do indeed decide to continue with it.

1 hour ago, Obsidian said:

Then maybe you should! At the very least it shows people that you have the mapping prowess to back up your project and might make them more interested in contributing, if you do indeed decide to continue with it.

I am contributing to this and i have made the demo level and posted it on moddb i also worked level 2 a lot i probably worked on level 2 for about 3-4 hours today. Also i have realised that 200 levels is definitely way to much i will continue to work on doche mod but i am taking a break for a bit

1 hour ago, Hillerbob said:

I am contributing to this and i have made the demo level and posted it on moddb i also worked level 2 a lot i probably worked on level 2 for about 3-4 hours today. Also i have realised that 200 levels is definitely way to much i will continue to work on doche mod but i am taking a break for a bit

Wouldn't it be better to present this when there are some things to show for it and you have some decent experience in mapping?

59 minutes ago, Hillerbob said:

There is now stuff here

And that's 61 megabytes. Perhaps you could update your first post with screenshots and a outline of what the project is supposed to entail.

The only screenshot on the page:

Screenshot_Doom_20211128_162833.png

Shows an huge open area with few structures and a weapons mod being used.

43 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Wouldn't it be better to present this when there are some things to show for it and you have some decent experience in mapping?

And that's 61 megabytes. Perhaps you could update your first post with screenshots and a outline of what the project is supposed to entail.

The only screenshot on the page:

Screenshot_Doom_20211128_162833.png

Shows an huge open area with few structures and a weapons mod being used.

I put a bunch of screenshots on the mod page i dont know why they are not showing up for you i can see all the other images

Screenshot_2021-11-30-02-29-56.png

Without meaning to come across as disrespectful or "gatekeepy"; you are most certainly not ready to be hosting community projects.

The posted screenshots show a minimum amount of effort has been put into the mapping - to lead a community project your maps need to inspire other people to want to be a part of the project in the first place. As it stands I doubt many people would take the time to download this to want to play the maps, let alone make more maps to go alongside it.

I know this sounds harsh, and perhaps it is, but that's the cold hard reality of it. I would very seriously take a step back and listen to what a lot of people have said to you in your recent threads.

Start small, take your time. Make a single map that you're truly proud of instead of overly ambitious projects like a CP or a 200 map megawad. Rely less on weapons mods, custom enemies and excessive amounts of texture packs and just make some maps for good ol' Doom 2. Learn the intricacies of good layout design, experiment with texture combinations, master texture alignment, discover what makes for good monster placement, etc.

Looking at modDB, a lot of shots show a monotextured box room at the moment, which shows almost no understanding of the above.

Screenshot_Doom_20211128_162933.png

26 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Without meaning to come across as disrespectful or "gatekeepy"; you are most certainly not ready to be hosting community projects.

The posted screenshots show a minimum amount of effort has been put into the mapping - to lead a community project your maps need to inspire other people to want to be a part of the project in the first place. As it stands I doubt many people would take the time to download this to want to play the maps, let alone make more maps to go alongside it.

I know this sounds harsh, and perhaps it is, but that's the cold hard reality of it. I would very seriously take a step back and listen to what a lot of people have said to you in your recent threads.

Start small, take your time. Make a single map that you're truly proud of instead of overly ambitious projects like a CP or a 200 map megawad. Rely less on weapons mods, custom enemies and excessive amounts of texture packs and just make some maps for good ol' Doom 2. Learn the intricacies of good layout design, experiment with texture combinations, master texture alignment, discover what makes for good monster placement, etc.

Looking at modDB, a lot of shots show a monotextured box room at the moment, which shows almost no understanding of the above.

Screenshot_Doom_20211128_162933.png

I will get to working on a remastered version of this map today. Also i dont want to cancel this cp because people might have already started making maps to participate in this mod.

Edited by Hillerbob

25 minutes ago, Hillerbob said:

I put a bunch of screenshots on the mod page i dont know why they are not showing up for you i can see all the other images

Those Moddb screenshots, can you link them in your First Post along with an outline of what this project is set out to do?

9 minutes ago, Hillerbob said:

ok i will try to fix that stuff in mods i make in the future

Pardon my intrusion, but why not now? Dragonfly is giving a solid advice here and your response to that has been very similar throughout this and earlier threads. Whenever you get said advice, you respond with ''I will fix this''. I am getting the impression you aren't understanding what the advice means.

If that is the case, please point this out. People are more than willing to help you out, myself included.

If it isn't then my apologies.

5 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Those Moddb screenshots, can you link them in your First Post along with an outline of what this project is set out to do?

Pardon my intrusion, but why not now? Dragonfly is giving a solid advice here and your response to that has been very similar throughout this and earlier threads. Whenever you get said advice, you respond with ''I will fix this''. I am getting the impression you aren't understanding what the advice means.

If that is the case, please point this out. People are more than willing to help you out, myself included.

If it isn't then my apologies.

I was planning on making fixed versions of the levels i made that didn't look very good for this mod i M going to start working on the fixed version today also i did link a few of the moddb screenshots on the forum post and added a guideline for episode 1 and 2

1 minute ago, Dragonfly said:

I think the speed at which you've said that proves you're not listening.

I am listening and i spent multiple hours fixing map01 today also i have started working on a vanilla doom 2 mod today that is not a cp or a 200 level mod

I presume that no one else has contributed to this mod or will and i have a certain feeling that everyone who has seen this has forgot about it and basically all the maps i have made for doom are very linear same for the 2 maps i made for this mod and no one has submitted any maps so i will close this cp soon unless anyone posts any maps which i doubt anyone will.