Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emperor S P O O N

Digit Texture Pack - Development Thread [BETA TESTERS WANTED]

Logo.png.ed3228fe44b444544efdaf8f10e10ce3.png

ENTER THE SIM  
Digit is a texture pack designed to resemble the sci-fi visual style you'd see in something like Tron or The Matrix. Mostly Tron, but we can't have just one and only one inspiration. Don't worry: The mint green is not permanent. You will have the ability to do palette swaps as you see fit.

As excited as I am to announce the development of this, I'm reluctant to show off everything I have on this thread for the time being. Mainly because this texture pack will release alongside another project which is yet to be announced.

MAPPERS WANTED!!!  

In order for me to make this texture pack the best it can be, I need this texture pack to be put through the ringer. Specifically, I need some mappers to play around with the texture pack looking for bugs, tiling issues, organization, and just the general aesthetics.

If you would like to participate in beta testing this texture pack, post your beta-testing submission on this thread in the following format:

• Your preferred Username
  • How long you've been playing Doom
  • How long you've been part of the Doom modding community
  • Wads/mods you've help make (Please do not submit for beta testing if you don't have hands-on Doom modding / mapping experience)
  • Your preferred platform (Doomworld, Discord, Twitch, Youtube, etc.)
  • Favorite vanilla texture (from any IWAD)

I'm not on Doomworld 24/7, obviously, so I may not see your submission right away. I will get to you as soon as I am able. When I do see your submission and read through it, I will PM you more details about the beta testing as well as the most up-to-date version of the texture pack.

If you have any more questions about the texture pack, feel free to ask on the thread here. I may not be able to answer every question the way you want it, but I'll do my best to give you an answer period.

So I'm confused, you want us to use your texture pack in a sort of field test just to make sure it's all kosher? If that's the case I could use the excuse to make something out of something else in a relatively short time.

My preferred username is either Athel or JustAthel, been playing Doom since I was a little kid, recently getting back into the Doom modding community. The only thing in recent times I'm making is my own wad Emblem, which has custom textures and Dehacked, but I've dabbled in mapping prior. I'd rather use Discord but I'm open to using the forums here.

Also fireblu best texture /j

11 hours ago, Athel said:

So I'm confused, you want us to use your texture pack in a sort of field test just to make sure it's all kosher? If that's the case I could use the excuse to make something out of something else in a relatively short time.

Yea, that's about it. I've already went ahead and made a demo map for it, but I need to know that other mappers can use it as well. I'll send that over along with the texture pack when I PM you.

I'm casually mapping Congestion Square 1024 for The Adventure of Square game. I'm curious about this texture pack (a green based texture map can be cool, Sunder map 31 is a good example) but it won't be easy to fit in Square aesthetic.

Just take a look and tell me if you think it's worth a try.

14 minutes ago, Noise said:

I'm casually mapping Congestion Square 1024 for The Adventure of Square game. I'm curious about this texture pack (a green based texture map can be cool, Sunder map 31 is a good example) but it won't be easy to fit in Square aesthetic.

Just take a look and tell me if you think it's worth a try.

For the time being, I won't be freely distributing the texture pack. It's still in beta, and I want to make sure it'll be the best it can be when it finally gets released so that both mappers and players get the best experience out of it.

It does seem like an interesting idea, however. Maybe not in a normal Square setting, but it would make for an interesting simulation level like in Valiant MAP31.

This sounds interesting. I'll gladly take a look!

Peccatum Mihzamiz.

Been Dooming since the summer of 2020.

Started mapping one year ago.

Many PUSS projects and one map for Ray Mohawk 2.

My favourite platform? Depends on what it's for. But I'm okay with all the options.

I don't have a favourite texture.

A quick little update:

I've made some minor changes and additions to the texture pack, so if you aren't already a beta-tester and want to check that out I highly recommend becoming a beta-tester following the guidelines above.