New Project Completed (Edited)

Conformity survey on wad  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Did you like my maps <3?

• Yes I liked it
    • I did not like
    • Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/21 at 08:00 PM

I had to translate your post using google translate, so I apologize if something is lost in translation. Since there are multiple maps, I'll be breaking them down into key points. 

Map01

- Repetitive use and overuse of textures, especially the Startan texture.

- The layout is too flat, and lacks any kind of height variation. Doom maps need at least some height variation to them to make them interesting. The layout is boring as  is.

- In the OP you encouraged the player to use god mode or what I'm assuming is IDKFA, since I don't know of an infinite ammo chat code. This is a very bad idea, since it implies that your combat encounters are not structured properly. This is especially apparent here, where you throw a lot of enemies at the player at once, without the player having the right weapons to survive, and putting weapons that are needed(such as the plasma gun) in an unmarked secret is also a bad idea.

- There are no traps. Enemies are just thrown at you. Traps can make your map more memorable as can they force the player to react quickly or move carefully, which in turn makes the combat more enjoyable.

-The textures on the two walls are not aligned properly:https://imgur.com/a/vg31lGv

-This teleporter texture is not aligned properly:https://imgur.com/a/V48h7rh

Map02

This is just a series of long hallways with enemies in them. The combat is boring as a result.

- Same repetitive texture usage. You don't use any of the other stock Doom 2 textures, besides startan, the white teleport texture and the wood texture.

- Why are there multiple player starts? In game, they act as voodoo dolls. If the player shoots them, the player takes damage. I don't understand they are here.

-There's no real progression at play here, just move from start area to exit area. No key hunting or backtracking to previously locked areas. Your previous map had some progression to it, so I don't understand why this map lacks a sense of progression.

- Why did you put a mid-texture over these dark  areas. It looks a bit odd:https://imgur.com/a/Xw6KbCO

Map03 

- This is extremely difficult to navigate, and is just a series of jagged shapes, with no detailing at all. 

- Same issues as last two maps. Repetitive texturing, combat that encouraged the use of god mode.

Okay, so I skimmed through the next three maps and there are some slight improvements in map 04( More textures are used from the brief glimpse I got when going through the last few maps). Map 05 pretty much has the same issues as map 01 with it's strange layout.Map06 has a BFG, but you only have 40 cells, which is not enough to kill both either the cyberdemon or the spider-demon, even with infighting. Oh and the shape of the map.... yeah. I only skimmed through the last few maps because I felt I had given enough feedback, and I don't want to tear your maps apart any more that I already have. You're a beginner, and you are allowed to make mistakes. Here's a video helped me when I released my first map:

Spoiler

Here are some tutorials on how to change your map name and music:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Silent Wolf

This is mostly a collection of experiments thrown together by an inexperienced mapper with little thought in terms of gameplay, combat, or fun. Little/no effort was made in terms of textures and architecture, there are hordes of monsters and powerups with no regards to balance. The first screenshot tells you all you need to know. You lose ten points for subjecting me to D_RUNNIN.

Also, why did you write the poll in english, but not the post itself?