Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheMetalEditor

A odd Problem with SLADE...

Question

I went back to mess with a wad that I was working on quite a while ago (first one that I plan on finishing) and I ran into a small problem, I think it's a setting or option that I turned on somehow but I don't know and could not find much online about it so I thought I would try to ask some of you map masters in doom world!

Okay, so for the problem:
For some reason whenever I try to make any shape on any map it takes it's sweet loading then it connects a bunch of lines to random nodes on the map (But the same random nodes every time I try).
I don't know If I am doing wrong but wanted to do some more of this map and just can't figure this out :(

(I connected a picture of before and after I make a shape)

after.PNG

Before.PNG

4 answers to this question

Okay, So I found out that I was using the newest beta build so I went and downloaded v3.1.13, tried it out and it did not work.
So then I went to the original beta install and Uninstalled it and v3.1.13 and then re-downloaded v3.1.13 and it worked like normal again! :D

I can remove this question if it's needed to (don't want to go against any rules of any kind!)
Alright, I'm going to get back to map making!

This looks similar to problems I would run into editing WADs with XWE and Doombuilder. If I had a WAD open in both editors at the same time and tried to save, saying it would fuck up the map is an understatement.image.png.2153f5923afd14e336b9a8ac0af2f76a.png

Make sure you're being careful with your WAD editing!

1 hour ago, SMG_Man said:

This looks similar to problems I would run into editing WADs with XWE and Doombuilder. If I had a WAD open in both editors at the same time and tried to save, saying it would fuck up the map is an understatement.image.png.2153f5923afd14e336b9a8ac0af2f76a.png

I believe this has something to do with the MAPINFO file, if two lines overlap where they connect to, they fuck everything up

6 hours ago, SMG_Man said:

Oh jeez, I see what you mean!
That's a bit worse then the 12ish lines I was dealing with XD