Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudolph

Good free-to-play multiplayer computer games?

I am thinking of playing some online computer games with people, but I do not want to have to buy anything. I have kind of given up on console and arcade emulation, as it looks a bit too much of an hassle to set up on both my end and my friends' end.

Ideally, what I am looking for are coop games that are easy to pick up and play (so no MMORPG games), do not require a powerful computer and are available on a platform that pretty much everyone can access (e.g. Steam).

Any suggestions?

Edited by Rudolph

1 hour ago, june gloom said:

Marathon via Aleph One.

Great choice, Marathon Infinity slayer is a blast.

My pick is Team Fortress 2, which I think is the best multiplayer game ever made, though it is in a bad state at the moment. Still totally worth playing.

try sven co-op, it went standalone and free to play a couple years ago and is now on steam, they've also added the option to host servers without having to forward ports so that's also there if you just want to set up a private server that only you and your buddy can join.

TF2 i guess, but they disabled the chat and voice command for free to plays because bots plagued the game lately, so If you want to use them, spend some 3 dollars on the store. Alternatively, you can go to community server or playing with bots like I am 24/7

Xonotic, Red Eclipse, and if you give me some time, ill drop you one of always way too long but still useful lists.