Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

I just beat Doom 2016. Here are my thoughts on it.

It's a pretty fun game, despite some difficulty spikes, even while playing on "Hurt Me Plenty" difficulty. I played this on the Nintendo Switch Lite and I am still shocked at how well it runs. There were no noticeable slowdown. The controls were pretty good (although I had to do some fine tuning with the vertical and horizontal look speeds). The weapons, aside from that pistol, were all really satisfying to use, especially the deployed mobile turret version of the chaingun. The Gauss Rifle in Siege Mode is super satsifying to use, especially when you have it fully charged and obliterate several bad guys at once. The chainsaw, even in its limited capacity, was surprisingly fun to use, especially when you chase down an imp like a crazed maniac while you have one of the more hyped up songs playing in the background. Speaking of the enemies, they were all surprisingly tough to fight. Even the regular zombiemen can put up a fight if you're too careless around them lol. It makes the enemies in the original Doom games feel like puny ants compared to the enemies here. The story is whatever, I guess. The UAC does some careless experiments, Hell is released, Doomguy wakes up naked, kills some zombiemen, wears his new armor and proceeds to save the world once again. The Cyberdemon (especially in his second, super pissed off mode) was a pain in the ass to kill, but man it sure was satisfying finally killing it. The Guardian guys were a bitch to deal with, but not as painful as Mr. Cybie and the Spider Mastermind/Olivia Pierce was also a bitch to deal with, but thankfully BFG ammo was surprisingly pleantiful.

All in all, a damn good game that's worth checking out once if you are a Doom fan and it's a good way to re-introduce old school Doomers like myself into New Doom. ...It's just too bad multiplayer is kind of dead (or at least it feels that way to me).

16 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

All in all, a damn good game that's worth checking out once if you are a Doom fan and it's a good way to re-introduce old school Doomers like myself into New Doom. ...It's just too bad multiplayer is kind of dead (or at least it feels that way to me).

Did you check Snapmap though?

2 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

I thought Snapmap was not available on the Nintendo Switch version.

Never mind and pardon me then. I don't know anything about newer consoles. Snapmap is just a map maker with limited functions.

Yeah, the Switch Version really is a astounishing Port.

Imo it even looks fine on the big Screen.