Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sneezy McGlassFace

Visa to the Stars [Vanilla, ~10min]

Short and sweet, just the way I like it! Nice addition to my vanilla collection. Some texture improvs could be done, but overall, a fun and relaxing map.

Nice map, an improvement over your previous. Favorite bits included lowering the revs/imps/chainers on the computers and then noticing more gunners on the side, the same with the archvile in the crate while a zombie mob was spawning downstairs (who also used the lifts to reach my spot), and the not-so-bonus plasma rifle trap on the nukage. I liked interacting with the fireblu portal to claim my second armor when I needed it. 

Few things: 

- Textures on the sides of the lift are unpegged, looks weird when using it.

- The hell knights can get stuck on edges, might want to tweak that.

- The other plasma rifle secret counts as two, no big deal though but maybe an oversight?

Thanks for sharing!

I fucking loved this map. I had a smile on my face the entire time. The atmosphere was on point thanks the midi choice and lighting, the combat had a nice flow with some fun surprises, and the secrets were a blast to find. Definitely looking forward to seeing more maps from you in the future.

Spoiler

P.S. the archvile secret that kept spawning enemies in was delightful.

Did I play it wrong or is there really not enough ammo to kill everything? Imagine if I didn't find the secret 40 shells. Interesting map but felt under equipped which took some fun away from me - hopelessly outnumbered and underpowered

https://youtu.be/-6mubLblMjg

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/126140-visa-to-the-stars-vanilla-~10min/

Did I play it wrong or is there really not enough ammo to kill everything? Imagine if I didn't find the secret 40 shells. Interesting map but felt under equipped which took some fun away from me - hopelessly outnumbered and underpowered

very good work man thank you for sharing!

Very fun map, even if it's not my style of play in general i enjoyed the encounters on HMP.  Smart layout and looks really good too.  Really funny Revenant closet secret, haha!

Edited by dei_eldren

@galileo31dos01 thanks for enjoying, and specifying which parts especially. That's great for my next endeavours. 

Good eye, I didn't notice that unpeg. The hell knights do sometimes get stuck, I've only occasionally seen one. Probably got something to do with the lowering platform. I'll think about how to fix it. I may have an idea.

And the plasma should not count as two. Just like the green armours, it should've been merged and count as one. 

@Clippy Big oof, sorry man, that did not go at all how it should. That's of course failure on my part. But your frustrating experience have me great insight in what can go wrong. 

I owe you an explanation:

Spoiler

In the crate room, you press the first switch, that reveals the server racks and chaingunner with another switch. That switch lowers the racks with imps, chaingunners and revenants. Also a wall on East, leading to the nukage with two chaingunners on the stairs. 

The Archie crate is a secret. You release him, and there's a health bonus and 40 shells. Because when you pick that up, bajillion zombies spawn, along with another Archie and a spider. 

The idea was to do that secret fight last, when you're stacked. 

Also, the one Archie that was guarding the exit somehow wandered off through the portal and joined the carnage.  Somehow. I need to fix that. Somehow lol. 

The problem is that I made it possible to let all that happen at the same time. No wonder you got overwhelmed. 

Thanks as always for playing and recording. 

Edited by HrnekBezucha : Grammar

@Dubbag thanks for the video with commentary. I guess I didn't gauge the difficulty too well. Ammo is short, I can't deny that. HMP is more fairer, UV is kinda .. violent. The struggles come when you trigger multiple fights at a time. Of course, it's entirely my fault that is even possible. Or not clearly marked. And that last roaming Archie shouldn't honestly be there. He was supposed to wait for you at the end. Lesson learned. 

Also, nice video thumbnail. Love it

2 hours ago, HrnekBezucha said:

@dei_eldren thanks for playing and a demo, even though it's not really your cup of tea. Say, what is your favourite map? 

My favourites aren't usually combat-oriented/Plutonia-style (like i'd say this is, from my perspective at least), and as examples i'd say anything from sets like Si666il, Moonblood, Eviternity, KINDa, Sign of Torment (MAP02 comes to mind as a standout), but i really enjoyed this one, so i'm going to have a go with your earlier map also.  i know i died a few times in here, but to me i did surprisingly well once i got the hang of it, and it might be my experience of playing different types of WADs in the Megawad Club lately is resulting in widening of my taste as my skills have somewhat improved.  It's hard to enjoy something that's above your skill-level :)  Community WADs i still often play in HNTR, and i actually started this on HMP not knowing what style it was going to be, ha-ha!  Was really glad to beat it, though.  Thanks for making it.