Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Has anyone here tried Imo's Pizza before?

Imo's Pizza operates exclusively out of Missouri, Illinois, and Kansas, and will almost certainly never be available in Canada. Reviews on it seem pretty mixed. Jim Cornette recently said that he ate 3 large Imo's pizzas over the course of 2 days. I think it looks pretty average, but looks can be deceiving. 241 Pizza, for example, tastes a lot better than it looks. 

Imos_Pizza_in_the_box_1.jpg

Edited by [McD]James

1 minute ago, esselfortium said:

horrible fake processed cheese

Are we talking American-cheese style processed cheese?
Or the salted dairy oil fake cheese?

On 12/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, [McD]James said:

Imo's Pizza operates exclusively out of Missouri, Illinois, and Kansas, and will almost certainly never be available in Canada. Reviews on it seem pretty mixed. Jim Cornette recently said that he ate 3 large Imo's pizzas over the course of 2 days. I think it looks pretty average, but looks can be deceiving. 241 Pizza, for example, tastes a lot better than it looks. 

Imos_Pizza_in_the_box_1.jpg

Frankly looks no better than a dominos thin crust cheese. Coming from an employee at dominos.

Every time somebody calls a flat bread loaded with grease like the one shown in the OP "pizza" a family in Italy spontaneously combusts... I look at it, and I can feel my arteries harden...

8 minutes ago, kwc said:

Are we talking American-cheese style processed cheese?
Or the salted dairy oil fake cheese?

No, that would be Provel. It's popular here in the St. Louis area, but not so much elsewhere.

48 minutes ago, HavoX said:

No, that would be Provel. It's popular here in the St. Louis area, but not so much elsewhere.

I think the fact that this establishment uses Provel cheese is why people seem to either love it or hate it. I didn't know what Provel cheese was until now, but I don't think I'd care for it. 

3 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Every time somebody calls a flat bread loaded with grease like the one shown in the OP "pizza" a family in Italy spontaneously combusts.

This is my favourite sentence I have read this week.

Yeah, absolutly looks as one of those cheap worthless Pizzas.

Hmm but a wise man once said:

Pizza is like Sex, even if it's bad, it is good.

4 hours ago, Azuris said:

Yeah, absolutly looks as one of those cheap worthless Pizzas.

Hmm but a wise man once said:

Pizza is like Sex, even if it's bad, it is good.

That's generally true, and I've made the analogy to James Bond movies, but just as there are bad James Bond movies, there is also bad pizza. 342 Pizza is revolting and feels like razor blades in my stomach. I also had some truly disgusting pizza at a dumpy cafeteria one time. The cheese on it had the consistency of milk and made me nauseous. 

The more I think about St. Louis pizza, the more unappetizing I find it. I think I'll get by just fine in life never consuming Provel cheese. 

On 12/7/2021 at 5:48 PM, esselfortium said:

Horrible pizza, horrible fake processed cheese, avoid.

Yeah, you're right. My mother, lover of any pizza, went to college in St. Louis. Said it was the worst pizza she'd ever eaten. Specifically because of the cheese. Definitely avoid, James. 

Well, what can I say? Provel isn't for everyone, it's an acquired taste. As a St. Louisian who hasn't had Imo's before, I doubt I'd like it either because I'm more of a Pizza Hut person who had it for more than 30+ years.