download:

hexedtemple.rar

you need GZDoom and HEXEN.WAD to play

edit

RZDOOM works too it seems  :-)

edit 2

removed the buggy bird from the map

Edited by CBM : link updated

I started this, but the moment I attack my eardrums start bleeding from whatever really loud sound starts looping. I want to keep playing but it's causing physical pain. Is this something on my end or something that's supposed to happen?

4 minutes ago, whybmonotacrab said:

I started this, but the moment I attack my eardrums start bleeding from whatever really loud sound starts looping. I want to keep playing but it's causing physical pain. Is this something on my end or something that's supposed to happen?

there are no custom sounds or music so thats odd

13 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

Works great in RZDoom too.  Was a blast!  I don't think I've had such action in Hexen before.

nice :-)

and I'm glad it works in RZDoom as well

this is my first completed hexen map

9 minutes ago, whybmonotacrab said:

Here's the issue I'm having: 

No matter how many enemies I killed in the first few rooms that noise persisted.

I am not sure what causes this.. It happens for me too ... in both GZDoom and RZDoom ??

I must admit I didn't test it with audio as I didn't expect an issue like this

@Gibbon

Did you experience sound issues?

Just now, CBM said:

I am not sure what causes this.. It happens for me too ... in both GZDoom and RZDoom ??

That's the wywern sound if you don't set for this enemie where it suppose to fly

2 minutes ago, LiquidDoom said:

That's the wywern sound if you don't set for this enemie where it suppose to fly

so if I remove the wyvern enemy from the map then it should work?

Just now, CBM said:

so if I remove the wyvern enemy from the map then it should work?

yup... or you set the paths :)

1 minute ago, LiquidDoom said:

yup... or you set the paths :)

how do I set the paths?

20 minutes ago, whybmonotacrab said:

No matter how many enemies I killed in the first few rooms that noise persisted.

The issue is now fixed thanks to LiquidDoom :-D ...and my download link in the OP is now updated

6 minutes ago, LiquidDoom said:

I asked the very same question couple years ago

Thanks for the tip! :-)

42 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

Works great in RZDoom too.  Was a blast!  I don't think I've had such action in Hexen before.

46 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I love Hexen, will be sure to play this and tell you what I think.

24 minutes ago, whybmonotacrab said:

9 minutes ago, LiquidDoom said:

I asked the very same question couple years ago

I hope you all will consider making a gameplay video using the new fixed version :-)

14 minutes ago, CBM said:

@Gibbon

Did you experience sound issues?

I did and it was normal I thought :)

1 minute ago, Gibbon said:

I did and it was normal I thought :)

Okay :-)

It is a little on the easy side.  Especially when playing as a cleric.

I would do a video but my CPU is not really good at encoding.  It stutters at like 8 FPS

I intended to record playing blind, but needed to start over because I was fiddling with the menu for a bit too long, so this is my second run after figuring out that metal doors could be opened from the start. I only played as the fighter so I'm not sure if there are any surprises with the other classes. I also used a gameplay mod after checking the wad to see if there were any resources I would be overriding, just for fun.

It was fun! Quite short, seems like a part of a bigger picture, but the textures were cohesive and the decorations were nice. The end caught me off guard. I was in the seven portals hub before I knew it.

I'll say that having multiple spawns of the same weapon for each class and so much combined mana all in one spot seemed excessive. Sprinkling blue and green mana around would feel much more natural. I don't think it's necessary to have weapons for one class be visible to another class either, it's so much extra mana. Artifacts would be useful as well, like a few discs of repulsion for the ice guys and demon fireballs.

I was confused by the doors at first. Usually wooden doors are the only type that open without a key or switch, while metal and stone doors need to be opened by switches or other cryptic means. I thought the goal was to open the big stone door with all the switches because it's at the end of the hall and big and stone and foreboding and all, but then it just opened and had another switch inside. All the doors being different made me think they all did different things, or required different methods to open, which would be cool. But since they all functioned in the same way, I'd suggest making them all the same texture.

Thanks for sharing, while it was very short it was fun to kill some Hexen baddies a hit some switches. Keep it up, I wanna see more!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I will make sure to keep it in mind when doing my next UDMF hexen map! :-)

I may experiment with adding additional textures in the next map in order to make it stand out a bit from Hexed Temple.

the chains in the regular door arches are not lower unpegged on purpose because I want it to look like the chains are operating the doors

20 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

I played as a fighter and there was a serpent staff instead of whatever the fighter weapon is supposed to be.

yes, I made some mistakes :) its my first ever hexen map