Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elbryan42

Your special movie...

Just watched Disney's Hercules, again. Though Ferris Beuller's Day Off is my favorite movie of all time, no other movie than Hercules, makes me laugh, cheer, cry, smile, and feel what the characters feel. Sure, there's blockbuster movies everywhere, but there's one movie that fits your style, that means something where others don't.

So delving into your psyche, my question is, what movie out of all of the movies you've watched, is your special movie (not necessarily your favorite)? What movie just plays you out by the end, where you "feel" the movie as you're watching it?

Hmm, thats a tough question. Best to make a list.

-Contact
-The Cube
-Possibly The Lion King (it's been a while, I dont remember)
-A Moment in Time (Old Christopher Reeve flick. Been over a decade, so I might not feel the same if I watched it now)

Thats all I can think of for now.

EDIT: This doesnt quite count, but that scene in Aliens, when Goreman realizes that the marines are trapped. The look on his face and the music in the background makes my heart sink everytime.

Although not technically a movie (well, there is a movie in the series), I'd say Evangelion fits me pretty well. I've noticed that I share alot of traits with both Misato and Shinji. But, other than that, I'd say maybe Akira Kurosawa's Dreams. Haven't really thought about it.

Assmaster said:

-A Moment in Time (Old Christopher Reeve flick. Been over a decade, so I might not feel the same if I watched it now)

It's called Somewhere in Time, and it's a good movie...for a love story.

Hrmm...Monty Python and the Holy Grail -- that and Army of Darkness.

JW Coop
but there are some others that qualify too...

Julian, is that Mann's Heat or the Burt Reynolds one. :)
(actually the Reynolds one isn't bad, but is nothing compared to DeNiro's last good movie)

It would have to be a few of them
1.The lion king
2.Terminator 2
3.Preditor
4.Braveheart

Theres some other that had an impact on me but i cant think of the names right now.

Lord FlatHead said:

Fight Club, The Usual Suspects, A Clockwork Orange.

Very good choices indeed.

Lord Flathead: ever seen Snatch, "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels", Miller's Crossing, Seven, Conversation, Godfather Part II, Parallax View, or The Last Temptation of Christ?

Lord FlatHead said:
Other than Seven, I haven't seen any of those. I suppose I should.

You suppose well :)

Evil Dead series, anything Kevin Smith, pretty much anything that has Bruce Lee in it for the shit of it, and uh...yeah, tons of movies to name here, heh.

BBG, if you like Bruce Lee, I highly recommend "Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey". In it is the original Game of Death footage put together for the first time in nearly 30 years. The footage is about 40 minutes long, yet the movie that was released after Bruce's death only used something like 9 minutes of it.

Lord FlatHead said:

Other than Seven, I haven't seen any of those. I suppose I should.

I'm not saying they would all be your taste... Snatch and Miller's Crossing would be the 2 to start with...
Depends upon exactly why you like those 3 -- the violence... or the clever and original analogous hidden intelligent writing :) ... or the style of the films... or... or...
hmm.. maybe Angel Heart or Goodfellas....

Linguica said:

I'm partial to Maverick for some reason.

I should call you Bert from now on... or were you expressing your affection for Tom Cruise's character in TopGun. =P

Linguica said:

I'm partial to Maverick for some reason.

Could've guessed.

You've got the same build, the same accent... sing the same wrong lyrics to Amazing Grace...

Yeah, I like that movie too. :)

Fight Club, The Wedding Singer, Predator, and Happy Gilmore.

I am, after all, bipolar.

I've noticed I tend to get very emotionally involved in most movies I watch. While watching The Matrix with (what was then) my girlfriend, she noticed that I tensed up a lot, that I reacted physically, that kind of thing. Call me sensitive.

DC

I have a soft spot for God of Gamblers. It's not a great film and it's certainly not my favourite film. Low budget and very cheesey in places, but I love it.