Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NotDeadYet

Hey guys, really silly question but.

Question

How do I decrease the size of these windows, whenever I open them, they just go off screen. I can't usually hit ok, or cancel, or even just close the window. It is so annoying!

Screenshot (63).png

6 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

1216x684 resolution is very, very odd indeed.

Possibly a 1280x720 display with an overscan area cut off? If someone brought that to me I'd start checking if they've perhaps changed something related to overscan in the display driver control panel.

Either way, @Frontier at such a low resolution, I'd suggest freeing up some screen revenue by setting the taskbar to autohide. You can do this by right clicking the task bar, click Taskbar settings and turn on "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode". This will cause the taskbar to only show when your cursor hits the bottom of the screen, but also give programs that window space that would normally be used. By the looks of that screenshot, it may also be just enough to reveal the okay/cancel buttons.

You can't, it's not designed with Game Boy resolutions in mind. But you can still implicitly press the OK button by pressing the enter key while the focus is in one of the input boxes, or the Cancel button by pressing the escape key (or just click the X in the top right corner).

[edit] You could also check if you have scaling enabled in Windows and disable that.

1216x684 resolution is very, very odd indeed. As per Boris' suggestion, check for your resolution settings and/or scaling in Windows; I'm assuming you're on a display intended to have 1920x1080 resolution but it's scaled up by 50% (or 1366x768 if a laptop scaled up by ~33%?).

Good luck 👍

7 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Either way, @Frontier at such a low resolution, I'd suggest freeing up some screen revenue by setting the taskbar to autohide. You can do this by right clicking the task bar, click Taskbar settings and turn on "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode".

As someone with poor vision that has to deal with this issue from time to time, I can vouch for this solution.  Auto-hiding the taskbar is indeed valuable for freeing up space.

Another trick I know about is to click on the window and hit Alt+Space, then press M.  From there, you can use your arrow keys to move the window anywhere you want including far enough up to where the taskbar is hidden and the missing interface bits are visible.