Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dreadopp

[Doom 2] A One Rabbit Open Slay

This was a fun little wad to put together! It's a little different than what most people are probably used to since it has an objective besides defeating all the demons. A tidbit about the map: it was originally planned to be quite a bit larger and the three main structures were going to be arranged around a central mountain. The idea was to keep it fairly open so you could see each area from the other two areas. However, when we started stitching our areas together, we completely decimated the segs limit for Boom, haha. Because of that, we had to scale back the whole concept and trim some detailing in order to get it all to fit inside one map. There's actually a pretty obvious way we could have saved a lot of lines but for some reason we didn't think about it until last night. Using things for the lights! Ah well, it'll be something to keep in mind for next time. Anyway, I'm still fairly happy with where we ended up but let us know what you think of the concept, layout, etc.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!

The concept is cool. I did have to go around much of the map before realizing you had to drop below the last building to pick up the yellow key, but that was the only real problem I had with progression. The little workshop details were awesome though and I liked the idea of passing through the one long hallway that leads to the tree guarded by Arachnotrons. It really feels like lots of work was being done there. The helipad area was also pretty nice, though it's a little strange you basically just pass through here on the way to the underground production facilities. All in all, very strong.

Really good exploration-heavy map with a festive theme. The "realistic" style is very well done and there are a lot of little details to love, especially all the doomcute stuff and of course the BFG factory part. I admit skipping the op's objective description but I got enough hint from the exit gate to understand what needed to be done, although I was briefly confused as to what to do when I completed the first area. The map is not particularly difficult, mostly just incidental combat with plenty of supplies, but it's fine and I suppose fitting for this stealthy delivery mission. I feel like I went through the map in a kind of a backwards order since I went to the factory floor section first which is the most heavily populated area and has the most threatening encounter in the map. Wouldn't call that an issue and I think it fits the theme to have an open layout, just a little unexpected to have something of a climax combat-wise so early.

Enjoyed this very much, so thanks and well done! My FDA in the attachment, recorded with glboom+ on UV.

FDA_drlzoros.zip

Pretty good level, with an interesting concept.  And I also find it interesting that just about every single OTEX map/map set I've played from the forums is pretty well done.  Is that a coincidence or is Ukiro demanding that only seasoned mappers use his textures?  :)

Thanks a lot for playing, everyone! Always great to see feedback and comments. :)

I did upload a new version of the map with minor changes (texture alignments and additions mostly) for anyone else interested.

This map is cool I wish I played at Christmas time

Regrettably I did not see the switch. I saw the red door and realized I needed a red key and that sent me on a path of confusion. I did not expect it to be a switch next to that red door that helped me progress. So part of this video it's pretty boring because I'm just lost for a while derp 

@eharper256 thanks for your much better video which helped me see the way

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

@eharper256 thanks for your much better video which helped me see the way

No problem dude, glad it helped you out.

I enjoyed playing this map at Xmas, it was a nice way to get in the festive spirit, and I also like covering wads that have escaped the limelight somehow by showing them with Walpurgis.

9 hours ago, Clippy said:

Regrettably I did not see the switch.

Thanks for playing, and thanks a lot for the video (and thanks again for yours, eharper256)! I didn't mean for that particular switch to be hidden/cause confusion. Sorry about that. :P

In hindsight, the lights on top of that switch probably shouldn't have also been red. My bad.